1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time Paypal takes to review Dispute?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by FreeFun4Every1, Sep 3, 2013.

Hello DP members,
    I am facing first time this type of dispute. I am selling covers pack and script here. I had sold it to many people and all buyers are happy. But on 23rd of July one Buyer made payment for Both Pack and Script that is $136 after that he had sent me mail also that I had purchased this pack please send me details so I had given details and script to him. after 1 month on 25th August He had opened dispute claiming that it was Unauthorised payment :mad:
    But it is totally authorised payment because from which paypal I got money from same email he had sent me mail for asking details. I had instantly sent mail to buyer wht's wrong with you you had received item and he had probably downloaded it but still asking for chargeback why? but he had not responded me. So I had captured that email photo and also Saved that email header in PDF file so PayPal can trace that header and compare IP of email and Payment made from. I don't have any other proof or other conversation. But I had written to Paypal while submitting evidence that if his credit card hacked then how someone is able to use his mail box also at same time? but after 9 Days still the status is Being Reviewed by PayPal :(
    Can Any one answer my few questions
    1) How much time paypal takes to review my evidence?
    2) How much chance I have to won this dispute?
    3) What Additional steps I can take to prove that it is false chargeback?

Thanks & Regards,
    Jaimin

FreeFun4Every1, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Why don't you call them and let them know of this issue for a quick resolution ?

DON.

deluxdon, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  3. darknight2010

darknight2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the style of Modern IM Fraud.. You are from?

darknight2010, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  4. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I forget to mention after 3 days of submitting evidence I had called on TollFree number of India 1-800-212-3852
    I explained my whole issue to that girl she told me wait while I review your account then she is back and told me everything is ok but She is not able to view/open that evidence attached. May be she is not authorized but she told me for dispute they have special department and they will look into this issue soon and if they are also not able to open evidence then they will contact you via email. I had called them on 28th of August and today is 3rd Sept still not email from Paypal and not any status update in my account. What do you think should I have to call them again?

I am from India

5. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Call them again on their toll free number (India) and ask them about an update.

DON.

deluxdon, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  6. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    I had called them again and now feeling totally helpless :eek:
    She told me as you are selling digital goods so you are not covered with seller protection policy that's ok but she didn't told me even how much time it takes she just told me that unauthorized payment is done by buyer's credit card company so they will look at your proof and decides you are right or wrong :(
    Paypal will not interfere in this type of case..and when I told her you are making us totally helpless and supporting this type of false Charge back in this way then she told me We allow you to use Paypal to sell digital goods is enough :mad:
    Which kind of answer is this? there is no support for seller who is right? I had read at many place in 90% cases of Unauthorized payment is go on buyer's side and seller lose even if he is right is it correct?

7. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Now just wait and watch.

But based on her answer there is very very less chance for you to win this dispute IMO.

DON.

deluxdon, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  8. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support DON...I also think so but just let hope for the best.. I really hate this type of shit ppl who are here in IM industry to just scam ppl :mad:

FreeFun4Every1, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  9. deluxdon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that its a part of online business. Take it always as a consideration.

DON.

deluxdon, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  10. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    The transaction between both parties are 30days old, maybe it take more time to resolve the dispute.

Paypal trace both parties accounts, email and ip address in deep research. Even the next person shouting about card got hacked.. and all transaction during the period were unauthorized.. he must be aware of such thing....that is not your headache....They will soon clear everything keep patience...

mukesh4bs, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  11. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Paypal make it cleared that they will just forward my evidence to His Credit Card company so I don't think they do any deep research. In any of case (I won dispute or Lose) Paypal is not going to lose anything & I have no other option so I will just wait and continue my business.

FreeFun4Every1, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When dealing with unauthorised claims, as false as they may be, you're NEVER going to win this claim especially as it's a virtual item.

WebDev Solutions, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  13. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Well, IM business has its flaws - this is one of them. I think we can all can agree that Paypal doesn't favor digital-goods sellers. Happened this to me too. FreeFun4Every1 you can consider yourself lucky in the way your paypal account is still useful and not frozen. I don't think there is much you can do now. Simply wait for the review by paypal. I have no idea why this takes so long, it's a big minus for their support. People will tell you that there is just too big community using paypal, but that's bullsh!t. Look at hostgator for example - that is one big community too, and they will resolve any issue under 24 hours. I had this experience several times - and sometimes my issue was solved under 4 hours.

One thing that might go for a plus for you, is that you can write to your dispute review something like: "If there is anything you need from me, please let me know, I will be very happy to resolve this issue as soon as possible." A Sentence like this might add trust to you in paypal's eyes - it explains that you are legit and have nothing to hide.

There is no much more you can do right now... let it go for a while, focus on your business and you will see what happens. Just be honest and trustful and things will go fine.

TheAnimatorGuy, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  14. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Yah I had also written that on mail and told the same thing on Phone but they keep saying we cannot say how much time it will take it depends on buyer's response to his creadit card company and that is the most ridiculous part.

FreeFun4Every1, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  15. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    As expected I lost :(

FreeFun4Every1, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  16. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry mate, head up and keep going on. Stuff like this happens, take it as an experience - now you see that this kind of people exist just to ruin Internet Marketing's name. Just keep bussiness-ing legally & ethically, so many people out there will see the brightest side of Internet Marketing.

TheAnimatorGuy, Sep 10, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and ryan_uk like this.
  17. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Call them again.

Froggys, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  18. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    duh? This thread is from 3 yrs ago! Don't you think calling them now might be a bit late?

Agent000, Aug 27, 2016 IP
  19. Nadine Renee

Nadine Renee Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is not normally on the seller's side. More times than not they take the buyer's side...which is good when you're the buyer, but bad when you're the seller.

Uhhh...never mind, just saw the date of this post...carry on!

Nadine Renee, Dec 10, 2016 IP