1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Slap For Building Links Too Fast

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cartoonbabyboy, Sep 6, 2013.

I just got a google slap for building links too fast because I got some sitewide links. Now a lot of my keywords are not appearing on Google, and if there is a page that does appear, it is usually for a different page. For example if you search "car reviews" instead of having the page that is focused on "car reviews", it would be a similar page like "new car and bike reviews" that appears, and it would be on page 5, not page 1.

In your opinion, should I continue to keep building links? I heard this is very common.

cartoonbabyboy, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as google slap for building links to fast. Its a myth. Site that go viral get zillions of new links quickly and ever get affected. Look for other reasons.
    Without knowing the url and keywords its next to impossible to give specific advice.

Agent000, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  3. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reasons why viral sites don't get slapped is because the websites are constantly getting new links, where as my website got a sudden sitewide link and then stopped.

4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Its up to you then. You have a choice: believe in the myth or find the real reason.

Agent000, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  5. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of articles and forum posts about people getting penalised because they built links too fast, and all of them said to continue buidling links as if nothing happened.

6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    ...and you believe everything you read on the internet? Your choice.

This is why I love DP and other forums so much ... I want my competitors to learn their SEO from them.

Agent000, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  7. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any numbering for building links? for instance the site with 300 backlinks is good enough and stop to build links, like that?

karthick9, Sep 6, 2013 IP