1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Email Marketing effective or not?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Yogesh Giri, Mar 7, 2013.

1. accpel

accpel Peon

Best Answers:
    @dragone yet you are right.. those are good points... this is free traffic and its 100% targeted so you can create more sales with a list.. but that does meant you have spam your list because you will lost subscribers very fast..

accpel, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it definitely is effective. It just really boils down to how you go about using it. Take the spammy and clingy-girlfriend type of route and you're sending yourself straight onto the "unsubscribe" list.

Less is more. Quality > Quantity. Make sure the people on your list have brand loyalty toward you, or are in the category of listening to what you've got to say or offer. Otherwise you'll be looking at unopened emails and wasted effort.

ReferralCandy, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. zwangpro

zwangpro Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! Yes! Email marketing is the most profitable part of my business. Here is a tip for you. When you get a bunch of new subscribers the first thing you do is send 5 credibility emails. There is plenty of information on the internet about how to do just that. Don't fall into the trap of trying to sell to them right away.

When someone opt-in to your squeeze page they are a cold prospect, period. What I do and teach this to my clients. Secondly, if you have never sold a big ticket item then you send them 10 credibility emails.

zwangpro, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  4. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your going to start doing email marketing, make sure you read through the resources on our site. It's dedicated to sending e-email.

topcoder, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  5. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    Email is one of the most personal advertising medium ever invented. here are some good ways:

1_Spread the Word:
    Get others to sign up for your mailing lists with their consent. Spread the word about your mailing list through word of mouth. The beauty in this is that the list of emails will be self-screened and the database will only contain the people who are interested in your offers. Make sure you have their consent beforehand. You don’t want to risk losing reputation or SPAM penalties.

2_Persistence:
    Before the internet, they used to say it takes around 7.3 impacts to make an impression with an ad. Today I would guess it to be over twice as high with the internet present. Make sure you are reaching out to your clients at least once a month in emails or other medium. Just because you emailed a list of people and had little or no response does not necessarily mean your audience isn’t interested in your product.

income_by_internet, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  6. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is effective, provided you do it right way and do no spam

khemraj, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  7. red33

red33 Member

Best Answers:
    Email lists are invaluable as long as you don't burn them end email them 3 times a day trying to sell them. Provide great free content at least every two weeks. SEO is a great market and if you don't have a list you are leaving a lot of money on the table. SEO is an ever changing always growing market which will mean more products and strategies you can tell your list about.

red33, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  8. minorityslam

minorityslam Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a terrible answer cause you're stating the obvious. Everything is effective if you do it the right. Absolutely useless

minorityslam, Sep 4, 2013 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, this place cracks me up.

Simple answer to the OP....if you built it legitimately, absolutely. Otherwise, no. Unless you can rent one in the correct demographic.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  10. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how many percent getting feedback from them? But I myself when I receive any email from unfamiliar senders, I usually ignore it.

I have read how the email marketing done. Just have understood that what it works is gathering email from any sources in the internet and random sending the item for sell or invitation articles to them. Am I right?

Michael Leng, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  11. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    The question is this! How effective are you or your campaign to get results?
    You can have the most responsive email list but if your campaign is good enough, you wont get what you want!

Mastercode, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  12. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing is the most intimate form of marketing because of it's exclusivity and yes it is highly effective

Michael Mayer, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  13. pearllike

pearllike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes definitely email marketing is effective for SEO. Through email you hit directly to a person and if he founds the content of his interest then he will atleast visit your website once. Email marketing always generate great leads for business.

pearllike, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  14. Blake90

Blake90 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is very effective if done something, otherwise you're senders of spam

Blake90, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  15. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    definitely it is effective marketing technique and even better than social media if you do it in a regular way.mckinsey published a report on this topic kindly have a look ..

jobsbywork, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  16. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cold emailing is even less effective than cold-calling. With a phone call at least you know you have the person's attention for a couple of seconds before they say "no thank you", while with emails it's way too easy to just swipe the email into the abyss of the spam folder.
    If you can get people to sign up for an email newsletter, then you can ensure that you have their attention for the first couple of emails, but if you're just randomly emailing someone you will most probably be wasting your time. With the aforementioned 7% open-rate you will need to email a lot of people to see any sort of result/return for your work.

YJunK, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  17. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing can be effective if you design an interesting email newsletter. Make sure that you are adding only the required information in the form of bullet points in the newsletter and there is good use of images as well. Moreover, it is also important to create a good title for the emails so that people don’t delete the email right away.

Resource9, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  18. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depends on the size of your mailing list.
    1. huge mailing list - even if you send spam messages to 1mln emails and only 10 000 respond, you can make your deals.
    2. small mailing list - you have to be careful because you can simly loose the whole list at all.

Anyways, huge unsubscription rate will ban you.
    So the first two rules are:
    1. Don't be a spammer.
    2. Consider your audience's interests and follow them.

Khivrin, Apr 29, 2014 IP