1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you want to save BST

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by cbusiness, Sep 1, 2013.

BST is going down in flames from my perspective as a seller and buyer.

This post revived my hope
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/300-adsense-sites-high-xx-xxx-budget.2678266/

Many people posting here are just doing so to steal ideas and hide behind a mask of a post with no real detail to show genuine interests or plans to make buy/sell. In particular the fake buyers.

The sellers need to have limits. Eliminate all the bogus, looking for a sucker to buy my sites type posts
    a) only allow 3 posts per month, per account. Anything over, charge $35 per post.
    b) what about some audits? Have mods that screen posts randomly and if someone's posting trash , delete and warn them. Then ban if they are constantly posting garbage.
    c) what if there were a separate forum for sites under 16 month old?

Just tossing ideas b/c I felt DP the premier forum for the longest but the cheesy, scammer foreign chaos is out of hand.

cbusiness, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Sep 1, 2013 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  3. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    if that the point that makes good sites... any site could be great... but it's not

A great site makes it easier for users, not making users do the hard work

cbusiness, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The bigger problem is that what you are asking is someone to go in and subjectively remove sites that don't interest you. No one is going to be able to do that with any degree of accuracy other than you.

It's already *incredibly* easy to hone in on exactly what you are interested in. For example, if you want a site that has it's ownership verified, between $500 and $600, with a PageRank 4 or higher... you just narrowed it down to 2 available sites really easily...

https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/sites?price_low=500&price_high=600&verified=1&pagerank=4

Ultimately just because you aren't interested in something, it doesn't mean others aren't... and someone might not care for sites you *are* interested in. So if using the normal filter options to find what *you* are interested in is something you consider too difficult to be bothered with as a user, well... not sure what to say really. Because it's quite easy. :)

digitalpoint, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do forum stats suggest?

people agree or disagree with me?

If i'm the wrong, then I apologize.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure what forum stats you are looking for, but these ones seem relevant...

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/new-site.2628210/page-21#post-18439736

Not sure, we don't poll users.

As far as your original suggestion, basically when you cut all the fat down to what your suggestion actually is... you want us to go through sites and remove ones that you don't like because you feel that using the filtering system that everyone else uses is too difficult and doesn't give you the ability to find what you are looking for.

The problem is that it's just not a realistic suggestion because you are asking moderators to go through and remove stuff that you (personally) don't like. Without knowing what that is exactly, it wouldn't even be possible.

7. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, that's not what I'm asking.

Im asking to create a system that will STRAIN OUT a lot of the bad practices

a) people asking to buy sites, just to see what will be offered and what they can copy .. usually guys from Middle East . They dont even post what categories of websites they will not purchase, then decline everyone... .when in reality,they are just looking for an idea to copy. It's going on way too frequently here

b) people flooding the forum with sites for sale. A lot of these sites are trash. Something should be done to separate exceptional sites from the 30-60 day old.... $8 a month sites.. with no traffic.

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah... the "Buy" option should probably just go away at some point. It's a lot of lazy people who can't be bothered to look through what's for sale.

As far as the ones for sale, you can already filter them based on price, domain age, traffic, etc... so that's already there.

ryan_uk likes this.