1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your blessings brother. It is good that we can amicably discuss our faiths without coming to loggerheads and worse, without any form of violence.

More people have lost their lives due to faith in Christ than any other religion, disease or illness throughout the whole of history.

You say that "There is no God and there was no Jesus because they are made up.", but this is what faith is brother. Believing in the unseen.

Blessed is the man who believes and then sees.

This generation keeps asking for a sign! But the sign was already given 2000+ years ago. The signs name was Jesus.

He is not "made up". Are you saying then that thousands of people over thousands of years have all died in the Lords name in vain?

Are you saying we all crawled out of some primordial soup that is the evolution of life?

If that is the case, there would be more evidence for it. But there are too many missing links. Scientists cant say for sure for the big bang theory really happened. Again I say, that's why its only called a "Theory".

Scientists can't say for sure with 100% conviction that we evolved from apes either.

If we did, why aren't there still apes evolving into humans today? There are apes, and there are man.

What was a giraffe before it was a giraffe? What did it evolve from? Why is there nothing in between? Or nothing like a giraffe else where in the world?

If evolution is true, there would be more evidence to support it.

See, I think that to believe in evolution (that something came from nothing), is just as absurd to believe in God. But of course, we have a bible to reference.

What does evolution have? Nothing.. Just a theory by a bunch of scientists who like to pretend they know what they are talking about in order to get some government grants..

PS. Do you believe in evil? Or that evil exists? Or do you just think there is no evil. Or good. Only "actions"?

If you don't believe in evil. Please invite some devil worshipers into your home to practice occult stuff with a Ouija board and keep doing it for a few weeks. After a small amount of time you will find that evil is a real living presence that thrives on peoples stupidity and naivety and soon takes over your home with evil spirits.

Please don't say there is no God until you have done this!

Of course, I do think you should not do this! But there are a lot of people who have not experienced real evil and go around saying oh it doesnt exist bla bla bla..

Wait until you experience real evil and then tell me it doesn't exist.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince people he doesn't exist.

God bless you and bring you into conviction of Him.

Mkcoy, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  2. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    When man kind started with science they started to learn gods creation, but as the seeking for truth came far enough. We just know better. There haven't been any indication. In fact stuff that believers say(probably originates from bible) is proved just plain wrong. There is no indication of god what so ever.

Craziest christain thing I have heard lately.

Mckoy, you talk about lack of evidence about evolution and that god is so obvious and all crazy christian things you say. Like haven't you done any research? Evidence for evolution is rock solid, it's considered science fact.

To all of theists.

Which universe creation seems more likely:

An all powerful being who is eternal, has powers, has thought control, cares what you eat, with who you sleep, etc. Created the world.

OR

A single energetic event, where everything was very simple. Simple elements soup "exploded". Due to cooling more complex stuff started to form?

ram4nd, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  3. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Mkcoy, post: 18705294, member: 273022"]Thanks for your blessings brother. It is good that we can amicably discuss our faiths without coming to loggerheads and worse, without any form of violence."

Yes i agree, i see a lot of bashing here based on ones own believe which is not right. We are all entitled to share our own views and build and learn from each other. We all came from one source. More blessing to you too my brother and i respect that we can continue this reasoning without any harm or violence.

"You say that "There is no God and there was no Jesus because they are made up.", but this is what faith is brother. Believing in the unseen."

Well, this is just a way of life how our ancient ancestors used to lived. I no saying things like that might be hard for some people to stomach it is the truth and reality. I personally think you should take a look at some of the videos i posted, just hold on to your faith and watch with an open mind and your bible. I am not trying to dictate anything and i don't expect you to take my word for it. I was once a christian, i begun searching for truth and looked into hinduism to see what they are about, I also looked into Islam a little to see what they are about and a little understanding of 5 percenters. I have been a Rastafarian so to speak since birth but come to that realization about ten years ago. No meet means no killing for ten years or so. The culture was a strong influence not in Jamaica where i was born but in America. Trying to find my roots, my heritage, my culture and the truth. Rastafari means. Ras = Head and Tafari = Creator. Haile Selassie means. Haile = Power or might of and Selassie = Holy Trinity. Some people may thing that Rasta is all about smoking weed but that is the absolute lie. Rasta is all about love, freedom, upliftment of the poor and needy, spiritual growth and we chant against spiritual wickedness in high and low places.

Rasta used to be beaten and killed just because of their locks and their culture. I had my locks and had to cut it twice because of corporate america. 1st time it was long to my back below my shoulders and the second time it was below my bottom. Now locks is a fashion statement and have nothing to do with spirituality nor culture but some do feel a deep root connection to the culture in their subconscious mind and grow their locks.

When it comes to rasta using the bible to validate our culture: Within the rasta culture some say Jesus Christos which is greek to validate His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie. H.I.M, His Majesty as the return christ and god in his kingly character who returned as a king and not a lamb to be slaughtered, who did return like a thief in the night. When they use the term Jesus they pronounce it as Je-sus but it is still to validate our culture. A lot of Rasta don't used that word at all but still use the bible to validate our culture and history. Haile Selassie is the 225 king of the solomonic dynasty (King Solomon). Only his bloodline could sit in the throne. When he was Crowned King Of Kings Lord Or Lords by all the Orthodox churches 72 nation came to his coronation and bowed before him including Lions.

But the truth of the matter is that even the Rasta incorporate european doctrine in order to validate our culture and way of life. I nation that was dismantled and almost broken to pieces only tries to regain our spirituality and some can do that by the onlything present which is the bible. Don't for get that 1000 years of burning the library of Alexandria and Killing anyone who spoke a different doctrine.

So what i have learned within the rasta way of life is that we continue to grow spiritually. I am also expanding by learning a few things from Buddhism like meditation. So we all can learn and grow from each other.

"He is not "made up". Are you saying then that thousands of people over thousands of years have all died in the Lords name in vain?"
    Actually Thousands of people die because of religion in the name of Jesus and Allah.

"Are you saying we all crawled out of some primordial soup that is the evolution of life?"
    No. I don't respect that evolution theory about aps.

Scientists can't say for sure with 100% conviction that we evolved from apes either.

"If we did, why aren't there still apes evolving into humans today? There are apes, and there are man."
    I agree with you here. We did not come from monkeys or apes.

"PS. Do you believe in evil? Or that evil exists? Or do you just think there is no evil. Or good. Only "actions"?
    If you don't believe in evil. Please invite some devil worshipers into your home to practice occult stuff with a Ouija board and keep doing it for a few weeks. After a small amount of time you will find that evil is a real living presence that thrives on peoples stupidity and naivety and soon takes over your home with evil spirits.
    Please don't say there is no God until you have done this!"

Well, i do know that there are negative energies and positive energies no god and devil. I do think that witchcraft, black magic, voodoo etc are all real. Some of those before and still today are practiced for the greater good. I do think people contact negative energies as well as positive ones like spirit guides, but have not encountered one yet.

"Wait until you experience real evil and then tell me it doesn't exist."
    What is real evil if you don't mind explaining a little?

Pastor, REV and Doctor Ray Hagins has been a pastor for about 25 years with 2 churches and about 500 members. You should take some time and research a little on him. I do think you should also take a look at some of the videos i posted with bible in hand.

Blessings to you my brother.

Jahsun, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, long before mankind even knew or understood what science was in its simplest form, were believing in something of a higher power, if you like. Because there is something in all of us that you can't explain. That something is the "eternity" in your own heart that God has put there that you just can't explain. So that you will ask questions about the past and the future. So that you will seek him!

Acts 17:27
    : He has done this so that they would look for God, somehow reach for him, and find him. In fact, he is never far from any one of us.

Ecclesiastes 3:11: God makes everything happen at the right time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.
    Haha I know I crack myself up sometimes with my crazy theories. Okay so saying "What does evolution have? Nothing.. Just a theory by a bunch of scientists who like to pretend they know what they are talking about in order to get some government grants.." was a bit wacky and almost like I'm coming across that I'm mad that you don't believe and accept what I'm saying to you. Not at all. Lets look at it realistically. What does science have to prove the big bang theory? Sure, there is a lot of museum junk by men with lots of understanding in the way our world and solar system works. Hundreds of years in fact of well written, documented papers, books, studies, diagrams and scientific experiments. What have we learned? What goes up must come down. Everything is relative he said.

Well to us who believe, that is a no brainer! Where do all the laws come from that govern life? Who says to the waters edge, you stay here. And to the water, that it must always freeze from the top downwards. To the worlds magnetic pole that deflects the majority of the suns harmful rays and solar storms without which the earth could not survive. To the rainbow, one of natures most beautiful naturally created miracles mankind can ever see. (Apart from the Northern Lights). These were just put in place "accidentally" or "through millions and billions of years of cause and effect"?

We are now just starting to open up some of the hidden secrets of the universe. Despite the fact that we still haven't put our petty differences aside and stopped killing our own kind over believe systems, opinions, money, power and evil political agendas. We are slowly putting the old barbarian man in us away and finally learning to become intelligent, sophisticated human beings that have learned that war is absolutely good for nothing and working as a whole towards the greater good, if you will is better for everyone, and the whole planet in the long run.

But alas! We will NEVER EVER get to that utopian dream alone! We WILL ALWAYS have wars! We WILL ALWAYS have diseases. We WILL ALWAYS have the evil wicked things of the heart. Hate, Greed, Lust, Envy, Jealousy, Anger, Resentment, Depravity, Murder etc. And we WILL ALWAYS die!

We will never ever get to that "utopian dream" on our own. Before we do, our sun would have burnt out for a very long time. But then of course, I could be wrong. But I personally believe there is good and evil whether you live in physical natural world and or universe. Or a spiritual world of the supernatural. Because as long as there is free will which we all have, and we live in a fallen world as we do then evil will reign here in our world as it already does!

Matthew 24:7: Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
    Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Don't you see it all around you? You flick on the TV and what do you hear? Bad news, bad news, bad news, bad news. More bombs have been dropped. Thousands of innocent people have been gassed and killed in dirty warfare tactics like the aforementioned power mad political supremest or dictator. Some new disease is killing people faster than medical scientists can come up with even a counter remedy for it let alone a full blown cure.

You are saying that evil doesn't exist? That there are only "actions" no source of good and evil? The difference between love (having love for something) to hating something (wanting to destroy and kill)?

John 10:10: The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that you may have life. And have it in abundance.
    I know I've done a lot more research into the things of life like the laws of physical world, and done a lot more soul searching than most people my age. I don't need to do any more research than anyone else with an internet connection or access to TV documentaries these days. I'd like to say I've watched nearly every science, panorama episodes there is but I haven't. That doesn't mean I'm wrong in what I say though.

Sure! I agree! Evolution is real and happens. I believe that its hand coded into nature and life itself in order for life to survive. I believe God has enabled all living things to evolve so that they can survive by adapting to their environments. Yes I believe evidence for evolution is rock solid. There is much data to support it. We can see it happening in animals and creatures today. And we can see it happening throughout time with dinosaurs and other animals also.

Maybe it did start with a big bang! Perhaps in the beginning before the universe existed. Before space and time existed itself that God simply compressed all the matter that was needed into one infinitely small space and then let go of it in His hands suddenly causing all of it to expand and fill the universe with all the stars, planets and other stranger phenomena ie; black holes. Maybe science is correct in that, that happened. But lets not all be so quick to call people crazy yes? ;)

Like I said.. Isn't it just as absurd to believe that everything can come from nothing than it is to believe that God created it all?

I ask you a question.. Is it better to believe and find out it wasn't true. Or is it better to not believe and find out it was......?

Mkcoy, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  5. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jahsun has simply drifted from one man-based orientation (Christian skepticism) into another man-based orientation (a racial bloodline based worldview) and calls it 'spiritual,' and based on research. I have already researched it, and found it to be junk. For one thing, more ancient Hebrew scrolls of the scriptures have been found over the decades, including many dated 3000 years old (ie, prior to the Greeks) that are identical to the scriptures we have now, reconfirming that the biblical concepts pre-date Greece and Europe. Research THAT, confirm for yourself, and realize it is you who must open your mind.

melprise, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  6. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think i have drifted at all. I don't think you really read the entire post nor did you watch any of the videos i have posted. I mean that is cool but for me knowledge comes in all shape and forms and from every corner. It's up to us deal with the information we receive and how to process it. If something is junk to you that does not mean it's not fact or truth. We are here having a civilized conversation but yet you can not provide any proof???

Yes i mentioned Christianity and the fact that i used to be one and yes i mentioned about Emperor of Ethiopia but does that make it racial? or one man oriented? When you mention bible, biblical, lord, god, jesus these are all european and greek culture and doctrine and have nothing to do with our Ancient african ancestors whose practices were totally different. Our understanding of life, creation, spirituality and consciousness are not the same.

Buddha and Rasta way of life are similar, both deal with spiritual growth.

Jahsun, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  7. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:

Jahsun, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  8. melprise

Best Answers:
    You, of course, did not deal with the one exhibit of proof I brought up, namely that the scriptures predate the Greek and European eras, which fundamentally refutes your claim that the Bible was shaped by Europeans, or is a 'slave religion.' The main issue of 1st century Christianity was getting it communicated outside of the Jewish community to the rest of the gentile world, not the reverse.

If anything, the ancient Pharoahs of the time of the Israelite enslavement were probably black (following the 'Black Athena' theory about early Eygpt), meaning the Judaeo-Christian faiths escaped from African slave culture, not became one. I think you should acknowledge your 'knowledge' is just condescending race-baiting dogma, and fatally flawed at that.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    melprise, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  9. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:
    "You, of course, did not deal with the one exhibit of proof I brought up, namely that the scriptures predate the Greek and European eras, thus fundamentally refutes your claim that the Bible was shaped by Europeans, or is a 'slave religion.' The main issue of 1st century Christianity was getting it communicated outside of the Jewish community to the rest of the gentile world, not the reverse."

Well, i did not make a claim about slave religion but yes i will back that statement up. I understand where you're coming from but yes the bible, jesus and christian are all european doctrine.

"If anything, the ancient Pharoahs of the time of the Israelite enslavement were probably black (following the 'Black Athena' theory about early Eygpt), meaning the Judaeo-Christian faiths escaped from African slave culture, not became one. I think you should acknowledge your 'knowledge' is just condescending race-baiting dogma, and fatally flawed at that."
    You see my brother you have it all mixed up. The Pharaohs are in fact Black/African/Nubian until the invasion which bring about the 1st Roman Pharaoh and there were no enslavement of the israelites. I don't know much about black athena and Martin Bernal but i will research more on this.

"I think you should acknowledge your 'knowledge' is just condescending race-baiting dogma, and fatally flawed at that."
    I really can't seem to understand your logic and reasoning. My intention is not to offend you or anyone but i just prefer to speak the truth and sometimes the truth may hurt. But my intention is not to hurt or offend you or anyone.

Peace and blessings to you. I wish you well on your spiritual growth.

Jahsun, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  10. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:

If you like videos, look these two and you have to have a mental block if you still believe that there is god.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    ram4nd, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  11. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    To the god believers: Do you believe the bible that says that desease comes from devil or evil OR the germ theory of desease???

YES Mckoy, germs are scientific theory like evolution.

ram4nd, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  12. melprise

Best Answers:
    Most of the links and videos you brought up mention a contrast of 'African spirituality' VS. 'European religion' and a dig at the latter as slavery, or the source of Biblical doctrine. So yes, you are inferring a black vs. white, or black better than white notion, with the latter being demonized as miseducation. This is a racial worldview of history, NOT a "spiritual" anything. I believe it is you who have it mixed up, as the 1st Roman Pharoah was 2000 years ago, and the written scriptures are confirmed by archaeology to go back 3000 years or more, making biblical doctrine at least 1000 years older than the Romans and Europeans.

You still have not answered this basic point, and indeed cannot answer it. As for the enslavement and Exodus of the Israelites, although there is an absence of Egyptian records for the incident (understandably, out of embarrassment), non-Egyptian regional and archaelogical evidence matches the account given by the Old Testament regarding the events. That data (being from the mid-east) is also non-European, and also predates the Greeks and Romans.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    melprise, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  13. melprise

Best Answers:
    The bible teaches that death comes from sin, with disease simply being a pathway to death. This pathway to death manifests itself medically/scientifically by way of things like the germ theory of disease. But the mere presence of disease in the world otherwise does not prove or disprove anything regarding origins.

14. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All germs, diseases, ailments, even thorns on a rose, are all "byproducts" of the fall of man.

Before the fall of man. There was no harmful germs and diseases. Roses never had thorns. Lions eat grass. We did not need to kill animals for meat. We were probably vegetarians. Snakes had legs, feet, arms and hands. Yes they did.. Until God said "On your belly ye shall go all the days of your life for what you have done". Genesis 3.14: So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. Snakes used to have arms, hands and legs and probably also eat only vegetables.

Spines, Fangs, Stings, Prickles & Thorns. Even deadly pathogens and bacteria. Even parasites. All are by products of the fall of man. The curse was extended not just to being locked out of the garden of Eden. But the curse also extended both into the seen and the unseen things of the world also.

But God is all wise! All knowing! He knows what He's doing! Everything happens for a reason with God. There are NO coincidences. All these things are necessary in some way or another for OUR own benefit.

Mkcoy, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  15. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Germs were long before man.

God of the gaps is a term for putting god reason for something that you can't explain. But replacing a problem with much complicated problem doesn't solve anything. As we have observed everything comes from something more simple.

And scientists can say with absolute certainty that evolution happens, because it even happens before our own eyes. Also we didn't come from monkeys we shared common ancestor with great apes.

ram4nd, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  16. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Melprise,
    When it comes to religion and politics it's always a racial thing and don't point fingers at me when it comes to racism. I only try to state facts and truth, and sometimes truth hurt without any intentions on hurting anyone. I am not racist if that is what you're implying.

Why is it that every picture of your jesus is white?
    Why is it every picture of his disciples are white?
    "Hair like wool and feet like burnt brass"?
    Why is it every picture portraying heaven and hell, the devil is black and demons are black?, but god, jesus and the angels are white?
    Why is it in school they only teach history about Napoleon, Alexandria, Christopher Columbus and etc?

When it comes to politics:
    Why is it majority of the inmates are black and hispanic/latino?
    Wouldn't you call that a white vs black? or white better than black?
    Wouldn't you call that demonizing?

So you see brother there is already a psychological warfare going on. Now when it comes to speaking the truth it may seems as if i am racist to some people but my intentions are not to hurt anyone but speak the truth.

Now you're trying to tell me about the scriptures, referring to the bible and wanting me to validate if it predates Greek, Roman and European time frame. Well, my final answer to you my brother is YES, because they are copied, plagiarized, twisted stories of ancient Africa, specifically Egypt and Ethiopia! that was reprint and distribute to the world and back to African people.

The videos i post i have no control over the title, but focus on the content. DR. Ray Hagins have been one of my mentors through his videos and he does a lot of research, was a pastor for 25 years or more with 2 churches and about 500 members and he came to the realization of the truth. Now when it comes History, religion and even politics Europe has everything to do with it. They are the ones basically who call the shots, even America has to listen to England. The same people for many years who control our money, our food, our media, our medicine, our banks, our government and your churches, bibles and scriptures.

All Disease was created by man and germs so to speak, as we know so far is everywhere and part of us. You can heal yourself by stop in taking acidic, starch based and dead food. Yes our African ancestors are in fact Vegetarian so to speak. That was one reason we used to live for hundreds even thousands of years.

The garden of eden did not really exist but if your refering to Ethiopia Africa then we are not locked out, we can return to the mother land.

Jahsun, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  17. Jahsun

Jahsun Active Member

Best Answers:

Jahsun, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  18. melprise

Best Answers:
    There is a difference between being conscious of racial influences on subjects, and being CENTERED on race when talking about a subject. Jahsun is not only race-centric on the matter of religion, but seems to think we all are race-centric. Well, we are not. I am a BLACK man, and I am not race-centric on the subject. I am not defending the "European" position, or a "psych warfare" position, I am defending the correct position.

If one looks at the images of Jesus in Asia, Jesus looks Asian, and if one looks at the images of Jesus in Africa, Jesus looks African. Being conscious of how a race looks at a religious subject is an incidential matter, and irrelevant to whether it is true or false, yet Jahsun demands it be front and center, and a determining factor in deciding its truth. That's why his worldview is clearly race and man centered, instead of being truly spiritual or God centered.

Note also Jahsun, in trying to rebut the fatal chronological flaw in his 'blame Rome/Europe' position, calls the biblical record on such things as the Exodus "copied, plagiarized, twisted stories of ancient Africa, specifically Egypt" when in fact, as stated before, there is an absence of Egyptian records for the incident , so there was nothing for Rome/Europe to plagiarize!

19. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you insaine?

Now we live the longest, we used to live less in past. Because the absence of food and no medical support!

ram4nd, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  20. melprise

Best Answers:
    Certain peoples living on the frontier areas have always had more health issues or lived less, but those residing in population centers lived longer in the past. Actually, modern medicine has simply improved with regards to INFANT mortality (way fewer children die in infancy in developed countries) and this has artificially inflated the total mortality rate. Take out the achievements of modern post-natal care, and we do not live longer than people did a few hundred years ago, especially considering disease rates for cancer, diabetes, heart failure et al problems by middle age have all escalated in the last two centuries.

The 1st century historian Josephus, in his the Antiquities of the Jews, reports on data across three different continents confirming frequent cases of ancient people living hundreds of years. Forensic studies of some ancient human skeletons confirm from the amount of rotation of their teeth (a marker of aging) that the subjects in many cases lived hundreds of years. A more modern example is the case of Li Ching-Yuen, who died in 1933, but whose birth records are from before the 1700s:

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2012/04/amazing-man-lived-for-256-years-2059522.html

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    melprise, Aug 28, 2013 IP