1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script Seller profile

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Aug 19, 2013.

Tried to buy a script today from the "MarketPlace" and could not for the life of me find any thing what so ever about the seller of the script, accept the following:
    (see my Flippa profile for proof ).

So I need to go to Flippa to see who I am buying from even though the seller is on DP!!!

Way to go guys!

mytechiestuff, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What info about the seller are you looking for exactly? I would suspect any info they want to give out is available on their normal member profile here.

digitalpoint, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  3. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are looking for a web site, you have the profile of the seller right next to the offer for sale of the web site and you can have an idea as to what this person has sold before etc.

So when buying a script (which is potentially more complicated than a website) why would you not have at the very least, the same kind of information available to the buyer as is the case for the sellers of websites??????

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Scripts show all reviews buyers have left right on the product page.

5. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    And so if there are no REVIEWS form any buyers for a script offered here at DP, then we have the choice of waiting for some one else to purchase the script and then may be leave a review!

Or, if it is a unique script to be sold to a single person on an exclusive bases, then there can obviously be no Reviews!

Then the only choice appears to be (as in the case of the script I was looking at today) go to Flippa to see who the seller is and what else he/she has done recently, which could inspire me to buy the script for my client!

I ask you once again, why have the profile available for the sellers of websites and NOT for the sellers of scripts???

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The reviews of the items more or less serve as their history. If they have no review history, they aren't going to have any seller history either if that's what you are looking for?

7. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Shawn, you are demonstrably not a silly person, since you did create the DP and for a while ran it in a way for it to be one of the best techie sites on the web!

But I am aghast at the lack of logic in the recent actions!
    (I do not mean being "banned" for trying to stop a really nasty person, from bullying the members here on DP)

The following is much more of a problem and I do request that you give it your full concentration for a few moments.

So here is the title of a seller of a script (in the marketplace) that I am interested in, as I am trying to create a hotel and travel site for a client:
    Run your own Hotel & Flight Search Site - Earn commission on leads! 1.0.0
    And here is the link:
    https://marketplace.digitalpoint.co...earch-site-earn-commission-on-leads.1750/item

Now this site seems to be a lot better than several others on the web and I would have liked to ask a few questions before placing an order for the site.

However, there is no way that I can contact the seller via DP and my clients are too important for me to NOT contact the seller before buying a script!

Finally, I am sent to a followup page on the site and there is a "Contact Us" form for me to fill in order to may be get a reply to some of my questions!

That is not the way to buy and sell scripts!

Why would you allow that??????????

Shawn are you really happy with the way the scripts are currently marketed here on DP?

mytechiestuff, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why are you unable to contact the seller? You click on their name and start a Conversation with them... same as any other user on the site. I think maybe I'm confused on what exactly you are trying to do?

digitalpoint, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Shawn said, click on his name. It is small, but it is on the top right of that page.

browntwn, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  10. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "Why are you unable to contact the seller? You click on their name and start a Conversation with them... same as any other user on the site."

My dear chap, there is no name of a seller in many of the scripts for sale!!! (Have you not been browsing through your own site?)

That is why I have repeatedly asked as to why there an easy to contact profile shown for a seller of a website for sale, but no such profile of the seller of a script, on a post with a script for sale!

What is more, it is a lot easier to see many of the good points and bad points for a website for sale, but it is a lot harder to be able to glean the potential problems of a script for sale, as most of those would be only known to the buyer way after the deal is done.

As far as the reviews are concerned , if you would like me to, I can send to you many of the scripts for sale on DP with NO reviews what so ever!

But then you guys MUST know this to be the case already!

I can not for the life of me, understand as to why you would want to make it more difficult for a buyer of scripts to find good scripts on DP than it already is!

Thanks

11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Right... if they have no reviews, they also wouldn't have some sort of seller history like you are asking for since people haven't bought them.

As far as a script not having a name of a seller, they should all have sellers. You can't upload anything without being logged in and it being linked to the account that uploaded/selling the item. Do you have an example of one being sold that has no seller listed?

12. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Click on the icon and the user profile pops up. Or click on their name on the sales page. Both work.

Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 8.56.13 PM.gif

ryan_uk and matt_62 like this.
  13. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    "As Shawn said, click on his name. It is small, but it is on the top right of that page."

Oh really?

Then please can you tell me where the hell that miniature name is hidden within the following:

"Run your own Hotel & Flight Search Site - Earn commission on leads! 1.0.0"

Re: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.co...earch-site-earn-commission-on-leads.1750/item

If there IS the name and the contact of the seller of the script hidden away some where on the seller post, then may I ask as to why the hell is it "small" and not easily found by those who are trying to do a deal here on the DP?

Why?

I ask you once again, why would it not be as easy to find the seller info for a script, as is the case for a web site seller post???

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's listed under "Author" and is the very first thing listed in the Information box.

If you don't see it, then you have something on your end that's mucking the page source (probably like an ad blocking addon or something).

[​IMG]

15. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
  16. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 8.54.22 PM.png

Or, as I showed in the other image, just click on the icon.

I do wonder why I, or anyone, helps you though. You are so unpleasant.

FOLLOW THE RED ARROWS! They point directly to what you should click on. I put them there to make the images idiot proof. (or so I thought)

ryan_uk and matt_62 like this.
  17. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    I just found the "Author" and then a name.
    Shawn do you really think that this is making it easy for those of us who want to buy scripts here on DP/

Again, why would you have much easier to find seller info for a website than a script???

Is it some thing to do with the fee that they pay to DP?

Even that does not make any sense, so that can not be the case!

I can not understand as to why you guys would make it harder than it already is to buy scripts here on DP!

Why?

18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you think the first item under "Information" is an inappropriate place to list the author, where would you personally prefer it to be?

19. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Shawn, I do believe that the entire problem is caused as a result of the fact that almost all of the admin are of talented creative people and therefore sellers and not buyers!

It is not surprising therefore that the site is totally created from the seller's point of view.

Here is an idea, why not try to pretend to come on to the DP site, as a potential buyer of a script/site or a service?

BUT you would really need to come on to the site as a visitor who lands on the site without any knowledge of what it is and where it is however.

If you can really visit the DP site as a first time visitor and a potential buyer of services and/or products, (and NOT know where & what is on the site) you should be able to see exactly what I mean.

I am a long time user and a well wisher of the DP, so what I say is mostly aimed at keeping this darn site going if at all possible (because it is in my bloody interest to do so) and so I totally ignore the idiots such as In the Brown etc.

All the best

mytechiestuff, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We are always open to suggestions... But so far you haven't mentioned where you as an end user would prefer to see the author vs. where it's at currently.

You've said you don't like where it's at because you can't find it, but without saying where you would prefer it, there's an infinite number of places it could be moved to, most of which are probably worse locations.

digitalpoint, Aug 25, 2013 IP