1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer.com a complete scam site, unauthorized charges and unruly suspension

Discussion in 'General Business' started by anuragkanishk, Nov 30, 2010.

When i started a new seo company my site was not ranked well with search engines and i decided to take projects from freelancer.com, elance and odesk. Elance and odesk had nice experience and we are still getting projects from them.
    But freelancer.com is a weird site and we want to share this experience with other users.

Firstly due to different geographic location of teams we needed to have four accounts with freelancer.com, but then all of sudden they suspended our three accounts. They needed verification and we attached the proper id of our project managers, and since months have passed the accounts were not re-instated.

When we repeatedly emailed them then there was no response from their customer support.

Only that account remained active in which we had few dollars left. We had also listed three of items on sale at freemarket but even after tons of sales, no amount was credited to our account.

Then one day i recieved mail from freelancer.com that upload $ 500 to your account else we will suspend your account. Naturally i did not, so that account also got suspended.

Freelancer.com is 100% scam site. The projects which we paid for was never completed and project where we worked on was never paid. I am a multi-millionaire and can sue freelancer.com, but it would be waste of time, so i let it go.

anuragkanishk, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  2. daniel.UK

daniel.UK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have confronted a different situation actually. My account is suspended for ID verification and they are demanding proof of ID from me. I have gone through a lot of places on the Internet that declare that freelancer.com is a scam and they run away with your money. Anyone having any idea of how to get it resolved?

daniel.UK, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  3. Speedy_Site_Maker

Speedy_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    Really wish I had found this and the other reviews on the Scam Site of Freelancer.com before I signed on. I earned money that I doubt I will ever see now. I experienced the same INCLUDING unauthorized charges.

Fortunately PayPal quickly returned my money on that one, but my remaining earned income is in limbo somewhere. There customer support is a joke, and this has been areal lesson to me not to trust a high traffic ranking, and large community as a sign of anything.

Research is still important, and I found a lot of Very Unhappy people regarding this website.

Speedy_Site_Maker, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  4. Lara O

Lara O Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Speedy_Site_Maker,

My name is Lara and I’m from Freelancer.com.

I understand that you had issues with withdrawing your funds and I know how frustrating this can be. Allow me to help and have this investigated for you. You may email me at , with your username and I will have this looked into.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lara O, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  5. Speedy_Site_Maker

Speedy_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    LaraO a bit late I'd say.

Speedy_Site_Maker, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  6. Speedy_Site_Maker

Speedy_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, why are you ever bothering to write this now?

Speedy_Site_Maker, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  7. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pffttt lol, Lara O, you've come to DP to offer support and yet on your site there is no contact support. Freelancer.com is a very buggy site with absolutely poor support. Their management never has any answers for your questions, they are clueless about their own site. I've had major issues with them in the past receiving my hard earned money although I've provided everything they've requested and I absolutely had not broken any of their rules. Every thing I did on their site was legit and yet they tried to shut me down when I attempted to withdraw bigger sums of money, so that they can seize my funds. I believe that seizure of legitimate funds of their users, accounts for half of their income. It's part of their business plan. When you withdraw a few dollars, everything is ok, when you got big sums, all of a sudden they try to seize it and shut down your account in any way possible. Trust me, their verification processes is in no way for your interest, it's for them to get to seize your money.

HostPlanz, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  8. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lara O did not come here to seek the OP's interest. They must maintain trust to keep their scam alive.

HostPlanz, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  9. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks to all that posted. I am in process of joining multipe freelance sites and will for sure avoid freelancer.com
    nothing worse than doing all hard work of getting biz coming in and then getting screwed on payment.

bluewaveseo, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  10. Speedy_Site_Maker

Speedy_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. It can be very hard to come back from sometimes, when you get involved with SCAMS like this one. I am ever grateful to know ahead of time these kinds of things as well. :)

Speedy_Site_Maker, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  11. Lara O

Lara O Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Speedy_Site_Maker,

I couldn't agree less that it's a bit late, though I am here to assure you that what may have been left unresolved, or what could have been a result of poor customer experience cannot be left as they were. It is an ongoing process for improvement, and revisiting these processes would require feedback from our valued users, like you, as you are the reason why this site was created. I'd like to hear more about what has transpired on your experience and let me review this for you.

Lara O, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  12. Lara O

Lara O Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello HostPlanz,

I am appalled by your experience with our support site, and your valuable feedback will surely not go unrecognized, as part of our continuing goal for improving customer experience. Our verification process is designed as a security measure on the site, in order to prevent identity theft and fraud. I'd like to investigate further on how did it come across your account being shut down and see how we can resolve this. I urge that you send me an email at , and I will have this one checked for you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Lara O, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  13. Speedy_Site_Maker

Speedy_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    I made the proper threats with the proper legal authorities and got my money back instantly. Then left your association of course.

Speedy_Site_Maker, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  14. Henry04

Henry04 Member

Best Answers:
    freelancer.com is just a big scam thats all, use elance.com instead of this and you will get paid for your work.

I earned with elance.com in the last 3 months about $ x.xxx

Henry04, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in my experience, it wasnt a scam. But I hired through it once bout 2 years back, and never again. I remember that when I hired someone that there were additional fees that were not listed (such as a fee for paying the fees which is just stupid).
    I was able to contact support just fine, but to be honest, I would have been better off chatting to a brick wall.

matt_62, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  16. John of all Trades

John of all Trades Peon

Best Answers:
    Odesk is doing it for me, freelancer was always to blurry.

John of all Trades, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  17. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you mean "I couldn't agree more" which seems kinda typical of the support coming out of your site.

venturefox, Aug 31, 2013 IP
  18. Kim_Foxx

Kim_Foxx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was also scammed on Freelancer... TWICE! Wouldn't recommend it to be honest...

Kim_Foxx, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  19. easywebhost

easywebhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look how many members they have and how little problems..
    I am a happy buyer of their services and have never had problems with payment to the one I have used to do my work.
    On the contrary they have helped stopped lousy workers, or someone who bid on a job and are not able to fullfill it.
    So if the thruth is as you claim, why are there only so little about them on the net ?
    As I see It you have made your own grave.
    An example...
    one making 4 accounts... why the heck do you do that for, you do ask for looks on what you are doing as it is fraud.
    Behaving nice and being friendly and act normal, will not get your arses in waterline.

easywebhost, Sep 6, 2013 IP