1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it just me or is DMOZ horrible.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by tigrrra, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

What an ignorant comment. If you read what I posted, he edited the site. Why don't you check ? Because it would prove that DMOZ is just a place for cheats. The guy edited the page, I got into argument with seo guy and then I wasn't placed. Really, you look like a complete wank when you try to add something to a conversation to make it look better. Personally, I wish you wouldn't respond to me, because you have proven over and over to be a wank.

Classic comment of a 5 year old.

If I were an editor, I would be smart enough not to get dragged into these type posts. You don't seem to have that gift. Bait thrown and got a hold of the elusive slow witted fish.

dogma72, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    tigrrra likes this.
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You posted
    What I would do if faced with that request is
    1. Report it in our forums as a bribery attempt
    2. Do an edit on the page to show that it had not been listed.

The editor was honest even though you would have liked him/her not to be. Nothing to do with any arguments.

I will ignore your silly childish remarks.

Anonymously, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always think it is funny when someone shows their extreme stupidity by assuming they know what is going on and therefore it is fact. A sure sign of a ignorant person is what you just posted.

You have no idea if the editor and the seo guy are one in the same. You just made a comment to try and make DMOZ editors looks good. What a pathetic move.

This is probably the 3rd time you have tried to twist my original statement into something positive for DMOZ . Sad, sad ,sad.

I really wish you would, I have stated before that I would prefer you not respond because you have proven to be a wank.

Best part about this is if you answer, you will have proven you can't keep your word and are more than likely a liar.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    dogma72, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  4. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    You told us they were different people
    So are you telling us you were lying then or now. So who is the liar, seems it is you, sir !
    o

Anonymously, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  5. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can't even keep your word for 24 hours. Why would anyone think you are credible ?

Yeah and maybe he lied ? That too hard for your little tiny brain to understand ? Obviously. I find it quite amusing you are so concerned what an anonymous person says about DMOZ. That is called guilt. You know you are doing a crappy job. Why don't you just resign your position ? You obviously suck at it.

dogma72, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  6. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here are the facts...These are actual facts, not crap you post to make yourself or DMOZ not look like a crappy cheating craphole that is really is.

1. I hired an seo guy for an seo audit.
    2. In conversation he says he knows a buddy at DMOZ and he gets people in all the time
    3. I paid nothing extra for this, I know it was a "favor" to secure future business.
    4. I received an email at about 7 pm central time asking me for my details and description of my site and the page I wanted placed.
    5. Being human I assumed the guy was lying. To my surprise the very same page I sent him was updated 2 hours later.
    6. I was told it would show up in 2 weeks to one month.
    7. I found a few problems on my site than an seo audit should have found. I got into argument with SEO , even placed a dispute at paypal.

http://www.dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Strategy/Turn-Based/Browser_Based/

Here is the page that was in question. I would assume some editors can check these pages and see who did what and when.

Now I challenge you to prove me wrong big mouth. DMOZ has people who accept applications with a little money involved no doubt about it. I can also show you exactly the person who made these offers and I would bet upon reflection that he is a DMOZ editor.

Again, I have given you everything you need to put me in my place, I dare you to do so.

But then again, you said you wouldn't respond to me anymore but we both know you can't keep your word and are not credible .

dogma72, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  7. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I am sure that Jim Noble one of our meta editors will have a quick look at this, but you keep changing your story, last time the seo was the editor now he is not. Who is credible here? I know what a jury would make of a witness that kept changing their story and you do. I told you what I would do if someone asked those favours from me and that seems to me to be what the editor did.

Anonymously, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  8. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never changed my story . I am tired of you trying to switch things around. It is one of the most pathetic things a person can do in a conversation. You have proven to be not only non credible but a wank. Go away .

I am pretty sure history has proven the dirtiest people are the ones who claim they are so honorable. Who are you trying to convince ? A stranger on the internet or yourself ?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    dogma72, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  9. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol..unintentionally landed in this thread and it kept getting an interesting read!..I 200% agree that you never changed your story.
    Gotta feel for you man, first you got sort of cheated and now stuck with biased/untruthful argument. So I am gonna waste some time too. ;-)

Dmoz is a real crap..just read one of their latest posts which was a joke in itself, (blog.dmoz.org/2013/06/27/why-list-an-ugly-site)..makes me think, who are the actual fools?..people going after a 90's project or people trying to take worthless credit of sustaining it.

I mean seriously, submitting your website along with thousands of other sites and waiting for years..so that a random guy (or..!) who was chosen as an editor of your category will find time in his busy schedule and think of doing some social work online..and will accidentally review your site..and according to his knowledge and so called guidelines he will find your site worthy enough to be there, above all others including his own/friends projects. Thats awesome...why don't you go to Vegas and gamble all your money on such a lucky day!

2 things:
    1) Nobody can quote DMOZ as 'we'...being an editor who becomes active once in months. Only the owners have this right.
    2) No editor should shout about "quality" and all (lol, which they might often find in their own sites)
    -------------

@dogma72, I still think you should have not got into the argument with your seo guy if you really believed that he was going to get you listed!

coolseo36, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    You say its a crap site, not worth sustaining, but then say that dogma should not have got into an argument with the SEO guy if he wanted his site listed. The logic of your argument would be to tell Dogma he had a narrow escape!!! You are a joke!

Incidentally DMOZ is a community and as a community we make most of the working ongoing decisions, that applies to editors who only do one edit in 4 months, so its a we for editorial decisions because the community of editors make them.

Anonymously, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  11. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yet you or any of your joke editors have yet to put me in my place over a fairly serious accusation. I think the silence is proof positive that DMOZ is the joke and the editors like yourself are clowns who would be better served in the circus than at DMOZ.

Again, where is your God Jim noble putting me in my place ? I think we know the answer. DMOZ is a joke . Nobody buys your crap buddy . Most editors got their site in and couldn't care less about anything else. The only jokes around here are DMOZ
    editors.

Obviously that Jimnoble has no problem outing a person when he can

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/is-this-how-you-treat-your-editors-dmoz.2674056/

The silence is proof that I wasn't lying. Say what you want. This guy goes out of his way to be a douche but this time he doesn't ? I think we know why. He actually posted a persons real name in an open forums. I would bet money that is against DMOZ guidelines.

The money I paid for the audit was much more important than a link to DMOZ.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    dogma72, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  12. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no comments because I dont see any sense arguing with a brick wall (lol). Your opinion of DMOZ or the Editors is not going to stop me sleeping at night.

snooks, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  13. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Actually, I don't see any argument. I made a comment, an editor called me a liar, I provided the page and asked him to prove me a liar. As of yet , he or nobody can. So my point was made. I don't have to argue about anything .

dogma72, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  14. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    An editor pointed out that you had change d your story, from an SEO who said they had a friend who was a DMOZ editor to the SEO was the DMOZ editor to the SEO had a friend who was an editor.

But what did you prove.... that an editor was approached by your SEO to list a site, that the category changed at that time, that the site as not listed. Sorry what did you prove wrong about a DMOZ editor? Mostly you admitted that you conspired with an SEO to bribe an editor, who does not seem to have been bribed.

Anonymously, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  15. dogma72

dogma72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Read it again moron. The story never changed. I said upon reflection. He probably was an editor and said it was his friend. You are a sad person. The only person who said I changed my story was you. You can't even keep up with your lies.

You are the most pathetic idiot on these forums. Even the other guy said I never changed my story. Again, what do I have to gain ? You are beyond brain damaged to be honest.

Again this is just crap you pulled out of your ass. You have no proof this is how it happened whatsoever. Everyone who reads this can tell you are a pathetic little twirp. Stop responding to me. You are nothing but a joke of a human being.

Now I am conspiring with someone? God how low will you go. Pathetic.

dogma72, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  16. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to rescue anyone and honestly speaking..the only reason I would like to have a link in dmoz is that it can give some "sense of achievement", while there is so much buzz about it since 10 years..thats just human nature, isn't it?...if not for sense of achievement then why else we all get into such little arguments and lots of other things in daily life!

coolseo36, Aug 20, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.