1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use slideshare.net for seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rogerbinny, Aug 18, 2013.

Hi everyone !
    Can you tell me what are the methods and strategies behind using slideshare.net for SEO purpose?

Regards,
    Roger

rogerbinny, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  2. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Slideshare is use for PPT(power point presentation) and pdf submission.
    For SEO - You can create PPT with your content and submit it to slideshare.net. Content of this site rank very well. so if it'll rank then there would be chance to get visitors.

Devprakash, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  3. resultfirst

resultfirst Member

Best Answers:
    Quite unfortunate that we have associated each and everything with SEO.

Slideshare is the best platform to showcase your work, strategies, expertise, etc which ultimately get your business/customer.

Don't spam everything for the sake of getting backlinks. use it wisely to get exposure and gain/build brand image. Share quality stuff, tutorials, portfolio which can help others

resultfirst, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  4. VanessaMeacham

VanessaMeacham Member

Best Answers:
    Slideshare is useful for PPT Sharing. you can create PPT of your Content and share it on Slideshare.

VanessaMeacham, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this will work great either for SEO or for a few extra visitors. Such sites are already spammed and you should work on your uploaded file once you add it in the website (build a few backlinks to it too)... Like a link wheel! ;)

patco, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  6. resultfirst

resultfirst Member

Best Answers:
    After Penguin update link wheel doesn't work anymore. do it and get banned (try at the least ;) )

7. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I said to build backlinks to the SLIDESHARE page, NOT to his main website! ;)

patco, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  8. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why you worry about link wheel. Use slideshare to make Brand. Don't gain link But make domain name popular.
    Take a look to youtube.com there are lot of videos on mobiles review. Each of them have a website logo. So people follow them.
    Google won't penalize you for branding.

Devprakash, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  9. resultfirst

resultfirst Member

Best Answers:
    why work for others for free. Do it for your own website but ethical way. Engaging customer is much more important than just attracting :)

10. Ricky Martins

Ricky Martins Member

Best Answers:
    You can share ppt and pdf file on slideshare site. Use unique title for your submission on slideshare. If you upload good content then you will must get traffic from here.

Ricky Martins, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  11. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes @Ricky Martins use unique title will definitely use. My doubt is how many links i can use inside the presentation?

rogerbinny, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  12. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    @patco you mean working with slideshare is one of the way that leads to spamming?

rogerbinny, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  13. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    You optimize Slideshare presentations in basically the same way as you do with YouTube videos.
    Just use your keywords in title, description of the presentation and meta tags, plus link your presentation with the main site.
    Btw, Slideshare presentations may eventually drive a solid amount of traffic to a website in question and thus improve behavioral ranking factors.
    And having a couple presentations available online is a part of a social marketing strategy among other things.

Kianu42, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  14. devilx

devilx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you, and I think that things sit right

devilx, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  15. Arindam Roy

Arindam Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can create a PPT (Power Point Presentation) and share it in Slideshare with tile, tags and description. You can use your URL in description and that will help to get a quality backlink.
    Also you can get visitors from Slideshare.

Arindam Roy, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  16. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Kianu42 Thanks dude. I got it mostly. :) Now my doubt is is it enough one back link to my site in between the slide share presentation?

rogerbinny, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  17. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I am preparing slideshare content using PPT with 2 links inside the text means, Is it to be indexed? or I have to mention the url (links) in the description too?

rogerbinny, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  18. Prakashets

Prakashets Active Member

Best Answers:
    Slideshare receiving presentation format of doc. file or power point. its the way of share thought about your website and also get traffic also backlinks.

Prakashets, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  19. VanessaMeacham

VanessaMeacham Member

Best Answers:
    I face one problem in slideshare that it shows the link is broken which we put in ppt. Actually link is perfect but what's the reason i don't know.

VanessaMeacham, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  20. Lasse Nielsen

Lasse Nielsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, SlideShare is more than just a document sharing site, and thus it deserves a whole post dedicated to it. Other document sharing sites on the web, such as DocStoc, Scribd, Ziddu and Google Drive are great for sharing online documents and even earning links, but there are several things that set SlideShare apart:
    • Largest PowerPoint Sharing Community: It is the first and largest community for sharing PowerPoint presentations.
    • As popular as YouTube is for Videos: Slideshare is the YouTube of document sharing sites.
    • Most Popular Document Sharing Site: It has a PageRank of 8, 130 million page views, 60 million monthly visitors and an Alexa Global Rank of 144 with visitors from India, US, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Indonesia, the UK, Colombia, Russia, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, South Africa and more.
    • Mobile Compatible: SlideShare content is optimized for easy viewing on iPads, iPhones and Android devices.
    • The Home Page Features Popular Content: SlideShare features content that is popular on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Have a nice day !
    Thanks !

Lasse Nielsen, Aug 22, 2013 IP