1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't Pay for Hosting!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by drewtoby, Jul 10, 2013.

I have been using 000webhost for quite some time and though I would recommend it to everyone. 100% free hosting, no ads, you get your own Cpanel. Great for Niche sites or starting an authority site!

drewtoby, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  2. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before setting up my own company I used 000webhost, not self promotion but... I am pretty sure they spoofed my reply to email address, my site was getting spammed all of the time, was down all of the time and kept getting a lot of viruses via email. Now I have changed to my own hosting this has mysteriously all stopped - I have no evidence to link it to 000webhost but have suspicions...

Original Hosting, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  3. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear. I never had that problem. Perhaps another site hosted on your site's ip caused this?

4. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Maybe - but if that is the case a web host should keep such things secure as a responsibility.

5. drewtoby

Best Answers:
    True... I used my "spam" email so I could not tell if it happened to me. Although the hosting was always reliable for me. Use a spam email and everything should be fine!

6. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    You know hosting is very cheap anyway and the quality is far superior?

7. drewtoby

Best Answers:
    For some hosts I agree, other paid hosts I have had a ton of issues with though. Weebly and 000webhost fit my needs for micro niche sites with mostly sub domains. They make less than $10 a year each so domains and paid hosting is pointless. But, that's not to say if I keep making them that it won't add up overtime.

Are you more towards authority websites?

8. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    I host any website or blog providing it is within the terms of service (which is basically no illegal stuff or streaming) and included you get a free .com when you pay yearly. I am not sure about your current sites but do they have top level domains? If they did you would get more traffic and be higher on google.

9. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    000webhost is good for small online community [ 10-13 members ]. They dont even allow more then 20-25 emails perday, someone just destroyed my whole domain name by clicking forgetten password on my forums :D .

WebDeveloperSahil, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  10. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, free hosting is like a piece of cheese in the trap.

Usually it looks like this with free hosting providers: The hosting company is offering you a place for hosting for a time while you perform a specific job or anything else, but if they don't like the contents you host or the the quantity of resources you are using don't suit them, they can simply throw you away from this company as your don't pay a penny for the hosting plan.

I don't think that you will feel comfortable with a free host for a long time.
    If you place your website on the provider’s server for free,you will have to pay for this service anyway(this is proved).

Better buy a cheap hosting with Unlimited resources from Fatcow which will guarantee you the high uptime and stability.

hosting_spec80, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  11. Kingfish85

Kingfish85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend free hosting or "unlimited" hosting. They both tend to be severely overloaded.

Kingfish85, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  12. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Beware! You have lot of limits in free hosting. They will cancel your free account at any time for any reason.
    Therefore don't over trust free hosting providers. Always keep a recent back up in your PC.

dumindushalika, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    Original Hosting likes this.
  13. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    I thought I'd add that I would not use any free hosting for anything important or business related. If it's free then they have no legal obligation to you of any sort, that means your site could go down any time, and they don't have to respect your data, customer base, or privacy etc...

compevo, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  14. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i am not using freehost for my main sites/blogs. but if for dummy blogs, its okay :)

beware, sometimes they cancel our memberships anytime without warning :)

suganux, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  15. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no free lunch and what you pay is what you get. 000webhost is known to suspend accounts and force the clients to upgrade to paid packages. In case of suspension they won't even give you backup of your site so you should keep a fresh backup of your database and files at all times if you are hosting with them.

newbie191, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  16. suganux

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes, I strongly agree with you :)

suganux, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  17. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used this hosting when I was a Noob. I had many issues such as Downtime,hacking the server etc. I prefer Hostgator for speed of my site. For newbies its perfect though.

xtragudboi, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  18. suganux

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it's okay for noob, but dont use it for our main sites :)

suganux, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think many people who are first starting out should use free hosting - not to host their sites, but to LEARN, and thats important. Paying for a premium host while you learn to install wordpress, or muck around learning and practicing your coding, is silly.

Of course, running a production site on free hosting is not a good idea, there are just that many restrictions in place. Even a paid host has restrictions (using cloud linux of course) in order to prevent abuse and to maintain the servers integrity. But where a paid host can divide the cpu / ram into a certain number of paying accounts and not oversell... a free host has no such luxury, and needs to cram onto the server as many accounts as it can until the server is so overloaded that it cant even fart, and as such the limits, such as ram, cpu, con-current connections, inode limits, table limits would be soo tight that even a low traffic site will get suspended as it would exceed the limits. People always look at hdd / bandwidth limits... in this day and age, these are the last things to be looked at not the major deciding factor in who to host with.

matt_62, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  20. WiredWebWork.com

WiredWebWork.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not only is it a matter of limits, but you have to keep in mind its a shared environment. The quality of client is bound to be less on a free host than that of a paid host. Free hosts are often used by fly by night spammers and scammers.

WiredWebWork.com, Aug 19, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.