1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Must Read : Faq For New And Old Members: Answer Of Your Why? Where And How?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by FreeFun4Every1, Feb 18, 2013.

1. liamwli

liamwli Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I must admit I don't really like this system, but I understand why it is in place. The most annoying thing about it is indeed the 3 likes. That part isn't tricky, but the fact it has to be from three different users is tricky.

I have 3 likes, but two of them are from the same person. Oh well, I better get posting better things. Obviously my posts aren't any good...

Like I said, it makes sense why this is in place, however I can also see why some people don't like it.

Also, this thread is nice - although people just need to read the help pages...

liamwli, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  2. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am finally back on Digitalpoint after conversion from vBulletin to Xenforo. Funny bit is, even though I cannot add a signature, the one I had earlier, is still there :D.

Edit: hate the smilies.

yogesh sarkar, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  3. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You got your trophy points and you are now established just try once again to edit signature now from here
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/account/signature

FreeFun4Every1, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    yogesh sarkar likes this.
  4. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's too much of changes to you DP! I love that old Legacy VB look existed in 2008! :p

jhbalaji, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  5. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    @jhbalaji - After few days you will love this spam free DP also ;)

FreeFun4Every1, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  6. streetcopmillionaire

streetcopmillionaire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta say...I'm a little dissapointed with the 'new' rules. Obviously I'm not on these forums much, but have definitely used the contests to purchase great graphics, and as I recall I first had to jump through the 'red tape' of post numbers in order to do so. Now the red tape has been moved, and it's a bit frustrating. Hopefully the positives will outweigh the negatives in the end, because obviously I wasn't privy to the spam issues that you were having, but maybe a better choice would have been to grandfather people in that had already established that they were 'valid purchasers'.

Anyway...just venting a bit....working on a project, and now I'm apparently assigned a 'new project' to get three different 'likes' so that I can use the system.....cause I really would prefer not to spend $25 in order to become 'established' when the rulebook could get rewritten at any time. Hopefully this will be better in the end, but right now....not so much :-(

After doing some 'searching'.... I did find that you can actually purchase 'likes' on Fiverr...I'm guessing that's not what you guys intended to create with this new system...

SCM

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    streetcopmillionaire, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  7. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Thank god atleast you had understand the spamming issue. The post count is not proper solution therefore Likes system is applied and it's really working and it's not about Grandfather people you can easily find people who become established in 1 week you just have to give 1 week to DP. Many small buyer complaining that they wants to buy stuff, create contest in BST but don't want to spend money or don't have time to contribute but that all people should check other forum. You don't want to pay $25/month here so can you can pay $30-35/thread in other forum? so better to contribute something to this forum the rule is very simple if people wants to understand it. Give time or money.

PS: Don't even think of buying likes you need to see this thread before you go ahead
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/report-the-suspicious-users-here.2669964/

FreeFun4Every1, Oct 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  8. streetcopmillionaire

Best Answers:
    @FreeFun4Every1,

I appreciate the response man... and wish there was a better way to mitigate spam on here. I was reading another post where a guy had spent thousands of dollars on website creation here and came back to do so again, but was 'locked out'. I honestly think that does both him and the creators a disservice. I wasn't thinking about buying fiverr likes for here, as I'd rather earn them legitimately, but wanted to point it out to make sure that you guys were aware of it.

I've also seen posts on this forum that are quality posts that should have been 'liked', but unfortunately the person that was being helped by the post didn't have enough 'likes' to 'like' someone's post out that was helping them (was that confusing enough).

The challenge is when you get people that come here to use the marketplace BECAUSE they aren't 'experts' and have come here to find someone who is and when their sole contribution would have been a financial transaction to an expert (good for all parties), now they have to choose between paying a monthly fee, or going somewhere else. I think maybe a better option would be a one-time fee of the $25 as opposed to a 'monthly fee'....that is, if the real intent is to weed out the spammers from the people that have come here to do real transactions in the marketplace.

Honestly, I respect the decision you guys have made in order to keep out the spam, just think that there's got to be a better way to implement it, and in reality, I think with all the experts on here to brainstorm, there's got to be a way that can better serve your buyers, your sellers, and DigitalPoint. (I don't think the prior 'red tape' with the minimum number of posts was the 'right way' either...it didn't serve for quality posts).

I know you've got to keep control of the spam, but honestly man....there's got to be a better way that helps everyone... with this current structure, the spammers are the ones that have ultimately won.

SCM

streetcopmillionaire, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  9. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    I think the forum nothing got from his business He spent $$ and got his websites done other side the programmer got money. Let me know what DP got in this deal? If this community is helpful to you in your business then you should also give something in return. Either Money or Quality Post.

Let me know you DP likes are selling also on seoclerks, BHW and some other places also but if you did then surely got caught by Sherlock Holmes Team just like other members got caught and they lost their likes and got infraction (Hopefully :p)

As I had mentioned in my FAQ thread there are 16K+ members are established also the count should be now 20K+ but all people don't read all thread I personally like all that threads which are helpful (not just to me) but I also have sympathy for that all old quality post that never got like before system migrate. As because people care about like after new system only in old system very less people adding reputation for helpful post.

What you think spammers can't spent $25 :confused: One time fee is bad idea even look around other IM forum they take $35/thread and here $25/month and I don't think there are any limit of new threads you can create per month (If they are not spam they will be alive in forum)

I had seen many other thread about this issue that people asking for any alternate way to control spam but @digitalpoint had always welcome new ideas for stopping spam so if you have better way to stop it then please share.

FreeFun4Every1, Oct 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  10. streetcopmillionaire

Best Answers:
    By 'forum', I was referring to the members of the forum (programmers), that are a part of the forum, but regarding the "forum" as a private entity, touche' you're absolutely right!! I (along with probably many people) underestimate, and undervalue the amount of effort and time that it takes to keep a forum like this running smoothly for sure!

I've been brainstorming a bit....and as I'm not an expert by any means on spamming, but I've got a couple of thoughts (you guys have probably already thought of them anyway.)

1. If you're able to track by i.p., then you could create a one-time fee, and then ban the spammers by their ip. (I'm no technical expert, so I'm guessing you may have already thought of this and believe the spammers can find a way around it that you can't prevent.)

2. Start a thread to collect people's ideas and brainstorming on how we can prevent spamming and find a better way to open the marketplace to those legitimately there to transact business. I'd be glad to start it, but I think it would have more 'pull' from a mod or established member. I think with as many knowledgable members there are here, some of them probably can come up with some extremely good ideas!

3. You might also charge a small fee (.50-$1) for each transaction that is completed through your marketplace, or have a donation popup where it's not necessarily a forced charge, but people can donate if they want to. (You probably wouldn't want to do this if people pay a monthly/yearly fee to subscribe, but it's a way to add revenue so that DP sees something out of each deal...[which I think they should...a little bit from each transaction can add up]).

Thanks again for responding to my 'feedback' and not ignoring it or taking it personally. I apologize if I had more of a 'temper tantrum' than I should have....it just all caught me off guard at a challenging time in my life and I got really frustrated. I do appreciate all you guys do behind the scenes to prevent the spam because while the 'likes' thing is annoying at first, it's definitely much better than having a ton of spam to have to sift through!

All the best,

SCM

streetcopmillionaire, Oct 18, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  11. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Almost 12 hours passed getting 4 natural likes from 4 different members, but still I don't see a Like Button or any signs of showing me as an established member. Any issue with the system?

Mainak Halder, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  12. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Just after 1 hour and 15 mins of your post you become established so congratulations and always keep patience :)

FreeFun4Every1, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, but it only checks for promotions after you visit the site (it doesn't bother checking for users who have not visited recently).

digitalpoint, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  14. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think i don't have business or premier paypal account and i have linked mine, it's my personal. is this okay or paypal now allows API's to all accounts ?

Kartic, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  15. bshearer

bshearer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am truly confused so I apologize right now for even posting in here.

I have read the "help/established" page multiple times as well as the Rules post. And now I have read this multiple times. This also includes multiple re-reads.

I think I joined way back in the day but it has only been recently that I have the schedule to keep up here so i am a bit surprised that I still cannot add a Signature or post in the Cheap Stuff sub-forum. I have 6 likes (all from different members) and a few posts 40+ but honestly I do not see what is preventing me being an "Established" member.

In fact, I don't see any "Established" members. I do see plenty of "Members", "Active Members", "Well-known Members" and even "Premium Members".

SO...if all of these are considered "Established" then I need a little help to understand why I am not there.

I know this comes across as sounding negative but I certainly don't mean for it to be. I am just wanting to be compliant and productive in here.

I will say that this thread was the most informative for me.

bshearer, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  16. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    No need to apologize, if you are confused then support section and this thread is for your help.

1) You are already established, you can check it by your trophy points don't go with labels they are always different and premium members can set their own.
    [​IMG]

2) No one can post in Cheap Stuff sub-forum not even established and premium members because it's deprecated so now it's for read-only.

3) About your signature I am not sure why you can't post it, you can get this answer from staff members only or you should post what exact error you got while updating your signature. @digitalpoint - please help in this issue.

FreeFun4Every1, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  17. bshearer

bshearer Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL! Duh! Thanks for pointing that page out.

I now see that about the "Cheap Stuff". Another "Duh". I had some Free stuff to give away BUT I did not want to pollute the other area so I figured i was not allowed since I couldn't in this area. I will try in the main "Buy, Sell or Trade" area.

I will try the Signature again.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Buddy

bshearer, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  18. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Your welcome :)
    and for free give away I think you should try new marketplace and set selling price $0
    https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com

FreeFun4Every1, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  19. Luke Sherren

Luke Sherren Active Member

Best Answers:
    all digital point care about is getting money out of us these days

Luke Sherren, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  20. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you'd do it all differently would you, do you have any idea how much it costs to keep a forum this size running?
    I'm sure you'd be happy to pay all the maintenance costs out of your own pocket and live on handouts if you were running the forum wouldn't you?
    I've seen all your other whinging posts about how hard it is to get likes...boo-hoo poor old you, you want to come here and earn money but you want it all handed on a plate for you, no wonder no-one "likes" you.

malky66, Jul 10, 2014 IP