1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A good hostgator alternative? Looking for a cheap, cpanel host!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Konfused12, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi there,

Wondering if anyone may have had good experience with a cheap host? I only really have experience with cpanel and am looking for something allowing multiple/unlimited domains for cheap (and is easy to use/contact xD). Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Konfused12, Jul 30, 2013 IP
    Playaone likes this.
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    not really sure how cheap is cheap. i myself would go with something reliable as i believe in what they say, you get what you pay for

sultanofseo, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who are you currently hosting with and are you happy with their service? If you are happy and the price is close to being affordable to you then you might as well stay with them. Rather then risking poor service with a web host that is "cheap".
    What exactly is the price you are looking for?
    What are your hosting requirements?
    How many sites are you seriously looking to host on one plan and how much traffic are you anticipating?

micksss, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  4. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    Ive seen a few people on various forums say they are having problems with Hostgator and want to move away? What problems are you having with them? Im currently with them and so far have not encountered any problems - although you cant ignore the number of people that do seem to be having problems

Money-Maker, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  5. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had clients move to me from companies like Hostgator in the past, this is because they are an "unlimited" web host. Remember that no hard drive is unlimited, so this means that your servers are probably overloaded and it is hard to get hold of support. I don't like to self promote, however Original Hosting's live support is easy to get hold of and our ticket support is 24/7.

Original Hosting, Aug 1, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I loved their support, but there servers (or at least the one that I was on back when I was with them) was so heavily overloaded that it was just sad, and this is why I avoid unlimited...

While I love their support staff, I have heard rumours that they have since all been fired since they were brought out.... and that for me kills all the warm fuzzy feelings I have towards their support. The other issues that are going on with hostgator is alot of downtime as they were / are / will be moving all of their clients to a new datacenter.

matt_62, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  7. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Matt,

Are you a reseller? If you are then drop me your skype ID!

Jordan

Original Hosting, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  8. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,

Not sure what you would class as "cheap" as you didn't state it? But I offer hosting services from shared hosting to dedicated servers and am always happy to offer even cheaper deals to fellow DP members, so feel free to drop me a message if you are interested :)

I can help you move your site's' to cpanel and you will of course get our standard 24/7 support via ticket and email, which is answered with 24-48 hours (normally within a few hours depending on work load and what's needed).

Regards,
    Nathaniel

SystemOAD, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I used http://www.fatcow.com/ sometime back. Great service, prompt customer support. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about them.

qwikad.com, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  10. Scott03

Scott03 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im a fan of Godaddy, used the for about 3 years now and havent had a bad thing to say about them. Good prices (lots of promo codes for even cheaper prices) and good customer service.

Scott03, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  11. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would like to recommend you with Webhost.uk.net as good competitor for Hostgator. I have been with them for more then 2 years and I'm really satisfied with their stable, reliable and secured hosting service. Also, I would like to mention here that being into hosting industry for more then 6 years, never received a kind of proper support services as compared to Webhost.uk.net.

Andy01, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  12. rohitforu

rohitforu Member

Best Answers:
    Go for blue host. Affiliate marketer Pat Flynn makes much money with bluehost marketing,

rohitforu, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  13. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you looking to abandon hostgator? Is it because of the recent problems and downtime?

I think that was actually more widespread than hostgator (I heard that other hosts were down too).

I think hostgator is actually a very sweet host, and maybe it's worth giving them a second shot?

Email them, and tell one of their employees that you're upset about downtime, and you are consider moving to another host.

Maybe they can change your mind?

Just my $.02.

PS: Bluehost is another reliable host that I've used in the past. GoDaddy isn't bad either, and Namecheap is also good.

Any of the "top guys" will usually have cheap and well functioning hostgator.

So, it comes down to the prices. (Find which one is the cheapest).

I've also used a million other hosts, but I find that CHANGING HOSTS can be a real pain.

So maybe stick it out with HG?

CandleKeep, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I heard a datacenter lost complete power, which of course has a negative effect on many different web hosting companies.

matt_62, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  15. DrBlowFish

DrBlowFish Member

Best Answers:
    For cheap Cpanel hosting, I use http://cyrushosting.com/, starting at $1.89/m. Very great uptime, and cheap, high quality services.

DrBlowFish, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  16. puregreen

puregreen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I'd recommend bluehost..

puregreen, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. Kamiru

Kamiru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with Turnkey Internet for 2 yrs now.

Kamiru, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  18. Fit Marketer

Fit Marketer Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how cheap you are looking for. Host gator is extremely affordable and the support there is excellent.

Having worked on other sites for clients I can easily say host gator is by far the easiest and gives you the most control and options

I would recommend looking at the cheapest package and upgrading when you can.

Also google for a coupon as there is always offers for a free first month or other discounts.

Hope this help

Fit Marketer, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  19. bek4ever

bek4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in my opinion the best hostmonster.com

bek4ever, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  20. FeedSyndicate

FeedSyndicate Member

Best Answers:
    After a hard lesson, I learned long ago to never trust mission critical elements, such as web hosting to "cheap" vendors that offer unlimited services.

FeedSyndicate, Aug 11, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.