1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange dialog box after upgrading to wordpress 3.6

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by KC TAN, Aug 2, 2013.

KC TAN, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This issue was also on the last update for the 3.5, it's can be caused by different plugins... woocommerce plugin users for example had a lot of complaints about it... what you can try is replacing the Jquery you use on your website, use this :

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js">
    </script>
    Code (markup):
    Hope that help!

themes4all, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  3. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I have upgraded the woocommerce version and it fixed the error =)

KC TAN, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    themes4all: WP has its own jQuery library. Using your code may cause issues with some plugins that load the internal library. I don't have any experience with this, but when one of my plugins was using this method, there were some problems with other scripts according to another plugin developer that contacted me because of it.

Useful reading on this topic: http://matthewruddy.com/using-jquery-with-wordpress/

Devtard, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In general using the wordpress jquery lib and adding the NoConflict mode is useful and i agree with that.... but sometimes even with this you get a plugins crash, in the KC TAN case the problem was the Jquery.blockui.js Update issue.. so this was a plugin side and not Wordpress.

In wordpress the Jquery lib they use is the 1.8.x, most recent plugins use the 1.9 and up... and here start the issues... so we have to find a temporary solution :)

Even though i totally agree about the fact to avoid using the 3rd Parts links but sometimes we have to!

themes4all, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Devtard like this.
  6. Enursa

Enursa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We can see the list of WordPress jQuery library here... http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_register_script#Handles_and_Their_Script_Paths_Registered_by_WordPress

Enursa, Aug 5, 2013 IP