1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

000webhost is limited?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Blasko93, Jul 16, 2013.

I am interested if any of you knows weather the free hosting from 000webhost is limited in time of use or not? Could you use this free hosting forever or there is time limit like few months or something like that? Thank you!

Blasko93, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  2. Vernard

Vernard Member

Best Answers:
    000webhost is does not have an expiry date. However, the resources are limited. If you traffic increases significantly then chances are they will disable your site.

Vernard, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  3. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using it for the last year and AFAIK there is no such thing.

They will temporarily disable your website if it exceeds their limit on CPU usage, though.

Devtard, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  4. binil

binil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Almost all free web hosting providers will have to enforce some limits so that they remain in business..

binil, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  5. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All free webhosting is waste of time unless you're just testing something out. Get yourself some cheap shared hosting and you're good to go.

SliceOfLife, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  6. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would avoid them. I had a website there just to see what their hosting was like, and it's not a company that I think can be trusted to keep your site up even if you pay them.

Mike Carroll, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  7. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't go for free hosting. One day they will delete your website.
    And refer you for their paid hosting. You will end up loosing your files.

pupul, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are just learning, then a free host is fine to start off with, and alot of people do use free hosts to play around with scripts, or learning how to use wordpress, or people that want to test and develop their site and will move to a proper host before they start their actual site.

I personally would not launch a proper website though on a free host!

If budget is a genuine concern for you though, (and if you really cant afford a paid host), then if you have no other options, then use a free host, BUT, look for a free host that has cpanel. I find its one of the easiest to use, (as well as backup), additionally, you will find that if you are using cpanel that it is soo easy to move to a paid host later, no mess, no fuss.

The host you mentioned doesnt offer cpanel to its free users.

matt_62, Jul 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Devtard like this.
  9. Brother Hassan

Brother Hassan Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    000Webhost does not have a time limit but they do have resource limits, like they will disable your site if its gets too big for them to handle it. I run my own free web hosting as well, so if your interested PM me ?
    Thanks

Brother Hassan, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  10. SliceOfLife

Best Answers:

Then again why would anyone not have their own local+cloud backups of their files? Even paid hosts can fail, and while any decent host takes backups and restores them for free, you can never be too sure.

SliceOfLife, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    Devtard and matt_62 like this.
  11. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    at 000webhost you won't get backup after few days. They will say if it's not working, then do it yourself manually. You have to do backup manually using FTP, which is time consuming if you are using database.
    So if you update your website daily with new contents, then will you take manual backup daily?
    I would rather pay for a good hosting where one won't get too much risk.
    But if you are using only Static html pages, then you can go for that.

pupul, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%, backups need to be stored in a different company and a different datacenter to the website that is running, so that if anything happens, you can restore from backups, and move on.

One reason why I recommend cpanel (versus other types of hosting control panels) is that it is easy to backup and download with just a few clicks, and there are several different backup options available (with different pros and cons associated with them). I think that for the average user, that has only a couple of non-mission critical sites, could use something like this: https://www.siteautobackup.com/index.php as a simple to use and acceptable automated backup solution

matt_62, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  13. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Answer is quite simple they did impose limited webhosting sourse but you may use there free webhosting as long as your website complies with there TOS of hosing

24wallpapers, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  14. SliceOfLife

Best Answers:

Ever heard of cron jobs?

SliceOfLife, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  15. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    everything about free stuff is always limited :)
    sometimes disk space limited, sometimes bandwidht limited, sometimes RAM / CPU Usage Limited, etc :)

suganux, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  16. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    000Webhost is Unlimited in the sense that it wont limit your bandwidth or disk usage as long as you are within REASONABLE LIMITS(if you upload 4 terabytes of images they will delete your account).

Helge Sverre, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  17. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    000webhost is not unlimited, the alleged disk space is 1.5 GB and the bandwidth is 100 GB / month (which is mentioned on the index page). There is a rather strict CPU limit which probably won't let anyone get close to these limits, though.

By the way, I wrote a review of 000webhost.com a few days ago, so if there is someone who isn't sure if they should use it or not, go and read it. (Tl;dr - basically it is okay as long as you are fine with an unreliable web hosting and you don't mind often creating backups.)

Devtard, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  18. naopublic

naopublic Member

Best Answers:
    It has been mentioned several times throughout this topic but I will reiterate. If you are testing/starting out, I recommend it because I use it and have been for almost 2 years now. It has had its major problems such as server shutdowns but they have not been extensive. However, I will strongly say I would NEVER PAY for their hosting. Their free hosting is fine but to be part of their paid hosting, you can find way better.

For being such a low budget site it has always been there when I need to test anything. If you need to use it to start off go ahead, but do not make it your new home.

naopublic, Aug 8, 2013 IP