1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Death of link building? What's your scheme now?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by coolraghav, Jul 30, 2013.

?

Link building is dead?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

13.3%
  2. No

86.7%
  3. Cant say

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    After reading this, I don't know how SEO experts plan to do link building? will they still purchase links that dofollow? will there be sellers who'll be ready to sell dofollow links anymore? Or would you pay to get a nofollow link? Is google trying to tell us that adwords is the only way? What do you guys think..

Source : https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    coolraghav, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  2. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same as always; balance nofollows and dofollow and don't be a bloody ass about how you do it.

Sure Google wants to get more paid results because that's how they make their money, but link building as we know it is not going anywhere anytime soon. Nevertheless, it's better to start building your AuthorRank already as that's going to be the next big ranking factor.

SliceOfLife, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  3. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Slice of Life, this policy is the same one that Google has always had. If Google were to push to all paid advertising then they would lose all of their traffic because the integrity of their searches would be gone. They will always look for new better ways to determine the rankings of site, but in some way link building will probably always form a part

Lurchy, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks will always be an integral part of the Google algorithm, to suggest the concept is dead is ludicrous.

Adapt & Evolve to make sure you stay ahead.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jul 31, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. SliceOfLife

Best Answers:

Maybe not actually. I can see why they're starting to push AuthorRank, that does make sense. Sure they can't just force everyone to have their own G+ profile (especially unless company profiles are supported), but I do see AR being a major factor in future website ranking. This would make sense, ans now every Average Joe can just buy their way to #1, but with AR this wouldn't really be possible.

SliceOfLife, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  6. onqdirector

onqdirector Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen them try.... but it's certainly not true that any random person can buy their way to the top of the SERPs.

onqdirector, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  7. domainpubber

domainpubber Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is far from dead. PageRank is still the most important factor in Google's algorithm. That's why Google is so diligent in discouraging "Link schemes"!

domainpubber, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  8. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to link building, there are several things I think we should keep in mind.

First, the search engines will probably always use it. After all, a website that is crawled and resides at the center of a web of related and linked sites will have more authority.

Consider two websites about home decorating. They both have the same content and SEO, more or less. Site A has little or no links pointing to it, and site B has 100. if Google is trying to determine which one will rank higher, it will have to use the link factor.

Secondly, aside from the search rankings and results, let's keep in mind the human factor. The more links you have out there, the greater the the opportunity for people to visit you. Even if the search engines never used back linking as a ranking factor again, this one reason would still be good enough to keep building links.

And as always, the best back linking is that done organically by creating links to your websites from websites that relate to yours. Even better if those sites have a PR at your level or above.

I think that it would be next to impossible to do away with linking. Are the days of auto linking thousands of sites to yours gone? i think so. Remember, the whole point of a search engine is to provide the user with the most accurate answers to their queries. And I think a well-linked website or blog does this.

SCookAAM, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  9. TonyGE

TonyGE Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think link building is dead. However, I strongly believe that spammy linking is. The very basic thing to do is to surely create a unique and original content. Then don't backlink for month or two, just focus on good content. If you have a very good content then backlinks will come to you naturally.

TonyGE, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  10. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    Blackhat SEO will always exist, in one form or another. It's a constantly evolving game of cat and mouse.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think the title of the thread should be the "death of low quality link building".

If you think building links is dead in the water then clearly you have been building the wrong types of links.

dcristo, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  12. SliceOfLife

Best Answers:

Even blackhat can be done without spamming ;) Heck, most of the people claiming to be "white hat" are actually building their links, ergo blackhatting due to gaming the system.

SliceOfLife, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  13. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get more social signs. Now these are more important.

bluearrow, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    coolraghav likes this.
  14. darksniper404

darksniper404 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google can't tell whether a link is paid or not. Sure they may find and punish a few, but for the most part link sales passing pagerank will continue as they have for many years.

darksniper404, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    coolraghav likes this.
  15. webdire

webdire Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are doing natural building then you don't have to worry about anything.

As stated on Google Page, if you are using auto submission software you will get large amount of links in a short period of time, that too from low quality sites. Submitting unique articles to quality article directories may seem a tedious job than auto submitting but in the long term quality always prevails over quantity as far as link building is concerned.

webdire, Aug 3, 2013 IP
    coolraghav likes this.
  16. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlink is not died! It would remain for long time.. this is the way to fight with competitors..

alex06295, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  17. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add more g+ followers.

karmaseo, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  18. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    'Quality' and 'Article Directories' should not be put in the same sentence.

This is not 2009.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Aug 6, 2013 IP
    coolraghav likes this.
  19. 716seo

716seo Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks will always be taken into account, like SCookAAM said "After all, a website that is crawled and resides at the center of a web of related and linked sites will have more authority."

Its just a matter of the QUALITY of those links, put spammy links up or links that are not from relevant content and they will have little to no effect. Get a link from a site with a good authority and trust flow, and is relevant to your site, and you will see positive effects. I've been doing this for a while and pulling sites into the first page just with good linking and on-page SEO

716seo, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  20. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is still major factor of ranking web pages but you need to do with quality, I would say!

SERPpoint, Aug 6, 2013 IP