1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Making Money Online For The First Time

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Snoopy240, Jul 27, 2013.

1. maurisrx

maurisrx Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Snoopy240,

It's great to hear your success. I personally started to make money after 1 year doing internet marketing. I didn't focus in my first year and that's the number 1 and only reason why I failed in my first year. Now I start to make money steadily after focusing to one business model.

maurisrx, Jul 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  2. alaltaieri

alaltaieri Member

Best Answers:
    You just need to act fast after you are reading some method/way to make money. When I first started I was just reading other people success stories without to take action. That was my first mistake, don't make the same mistake that I did in the past. That's my advice for all marketers who want to start making money online.

alaltaieri, Jul 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. Stark Slims

Stark Slims Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the key to making money online is a matter of supply/demand and scarcity. if you can find something in short supply somewhere and then get that to where its in high demand you can make tons of money.

Stark Slims, Jul 31, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i do agree with you that knowledge is power, but sometimes when you are going into something new, you might encounter information overload, whereby there is too much information present and the mind is unable to effectively process all of it to reach a suitable solution or course of action.

Thats why i always tell my students, you can read and understand, but you must also try and fail to be able to grasp the knowledge and use it effectively. Because once you know how to fail, you know how to avoid failing. Always try, and don't be afraid to fall. Because it's only when you get hurt, then you will be able to better appreciate the sweetness of success.

Howard Lim, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  5. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hi,

i am making money online since 2009 from paid to review ( direct and non direct advertiser ), google adsense, infolinks, and selling links. and also developing website for some people.

cheers snoopy

suganux, Aug 4, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  6. DrBlowFish

DrBlowFish Member

Best Answers:
    I have been making money online for a while now. But since yesterday, I'm trying out making proxy websites. It costs me about $25-$30 to get one up, and takes about an hour to perfect it. I only get about 100 Unique Visits a day, even in only my first 24 hours, but $20 of the cost is advertising. I'm probably just going to wait about 3 weeks before my advertising is over, and just flip the website for like $80-$100, then make 3-5 more websites, do the same, then keep expanding.

The adsense revenue also is very great with these. Not even 24 hours on my first Proxy site, I've earned $4.87 with only about 100 Unique visits so far. So $50+, then the Adsense revenue, I will be making at least $500ish a month within 2 weeks on these.

DrBlowFish, Aug 4, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Rocawear

Rocawear Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been looking into internet marketing now for around 4 months and havnt made any money yet. However I beleive i'm not very far away at all. I love a challenge and I have been putting alot of time into it recently trying to learn as much as I can. I have a number of ways I will look to make my initial few dollars. I spent my whole saturday 10+ hours reading and watching videos. I currently work full time so it holds me back a bit but the more and more I learn the more I want to succeed at it. I enjoy it and I think everyones dream is to work a job they enjoy.

Rocawear, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. Kamiru

Kamiru Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first money I got online was when I wrote blog reviews on my blog. It was at $20 per 500 article but then, my PR dropped. Now, I'm a freelancer, making money on jobs I applied (which got accepted) at odesk.com

Kamiru, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  9. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to make money, personally im promoting a affiliate monthly program with my team. I been doing this for about a year now. Recently i joined a new program and after 2/1 weeks i made over $900 dollars using a free advertising method. You dont need a website unless you are using paid traffic. Other Dp members joined my team and many of them already made some money.

Mastercode, Aug 6, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  10. Hussky

Hussky Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello snoopy240.

Just seen your comment... I know how it feels when I first started out, looking for ways to make money online. I ain't making money at the moment.. Due to my site still in the development stage. My website is a place where you sell your services online, and offline. you might of heard of a site called Fiverr, and other clones offering the same services. We hope to stand out from the crowd and be better if we can..!
    I ain't here to spam you, but just here to give you the heads up and anyone else struggling to make money online. Why don't you check out my website Hussky.com. If you would like to know more, am always here to help.. and so are the people of digital point.
    Have a nice day,

Daniel

Hussky, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  11. umpahpah

umpahpah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow this is so powerful and inspirational, like straight from some scene in the movie or book.
    great positive attitude

this is so true. I have the same problem and I think that is the case with many others. there is literally thousand of books and thousand of methods to earn and in that pile of information you don't know where to start.
    I guess you just need to pick one and stick to it for some time, be persistent and not give up after few days without income

umpahpah, Aug 8, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  12. Aliety Fiallo

Aliety Fiallo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made around 40 bucks but that is it! but i don't lose hope! I know that it can be done and as long as you don't give up that is what counts

Aliety Fiallo, Aug 8, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn how to do something, then apply it. The easiest money-making thing to learn is creating components for other people's sites (articles and other content, logos and other graphics, videos and animation, backlinking and other SEO, etc), then charge to do this as a service for others. Set up a shingle to do so (or answer ads) on Fiverr, forum marketplace sections, freelance and microworker sites, Craigslist and other online classifieds, and so on. It can be frustrating to start, but it is near immediate online money.

melprise, Aug 8, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My first money was in adsense and then some cpa stuff. I've played around a bit on fiverr and would probably recommend that as a no cost way to start making money online. You're not going to make hundreds of sales in SEO or some other high demand service straight away but everyone has a skill or service that can be offered cheaply on fiverr. Just remember not to spend too long delivering your gigs - pick things you can do quickly

treka3358, Aug 8, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  15. Designer6

Designer6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been able to make money online by freelancing. I work as a freelancer on Elance and I have made over a $1000 in less than a month. I am not saying it is super easy, but if you have skills and you are determined to make money online, then I can help you make a large amount of money. I have started a website that would help freelancer get started by provider freelance tips. This is a guide that would help you boost your freelancing career or even start a freelancing career from scratch. Being your own boss is awesome and I just love it.

Designer6, Aug 8, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  16. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are lot of different ways available to earn money online.

Almost all of the ways require little investment, lot of Hard work and Persistence. And, don't expect to earn huge money immediately.

If we do something which is helpful to customers/visitors/readers, surely we can make money online. But if you try to misuse any system you will be losing money soon.
    I had tried different things. And, I earned money from below things.
    - Doing freelance works.
    - From running AdSense ads in blog/sites/youtube videos.
    - By selling eBook about software testing.
    - By selling products like Timesheet Software, SERP checker script, etc. , and by doing custom changes for the sold products.
    - By taking online Course about Software Testing.
    - By selling websites thro' Flippa.
    - Selling eBooks thro' Amazon kindle store (KDP).
    And, apart from all these things, sometimes I got money for accepting posts in our blogs/sites.

Interestingly/surprisingly, one person paid money for spending my time to remove his link from his Guest Post in my blog.

Lot of people had given many bad comments about our blogs and products. But still I am earning money from them. So, it is important to continue our work irrespective of comments from others. Anyway, listening valuable comments/suggestions from others and implementing them are important.

And, we should focus on the things which are familiar to us instead of getting deviated by lot of other things.

rajamanickam.a, Aug 9, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  17. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much!!!

And thank you to EVERYONE that shared their comments!

I believe our stories and the knowledge we share here will help many people out there make it happen now - it will inspire people!

Spread the word in the social networks. This information can make a difference in someone's life at some point. Believe it.

Helping is Succeeding.

Thank you all once again! :cool:

Much success DP Community!!

Snoopy240, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  18. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    A friend told me that I can make some few dollars working as a Freelancer with sites like oDesk,Elance etc.
    I don't Know how viable is it to work on this sites?

BRITTANEY86, Aug 9, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  19. Mastercode

Mastercode Active Member

Best Answers:

You can but the thing about those sites is the competition. Many of those looking for workers go for the ones with a strong portfolio.
    If you have pretty good skills go for it. Once you have a client! Build a relationship with them to get more work in the future.

Mastercode, Aug 9, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  20. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty simple to make money in those sites - you can also use Fiverr.com to sell your skills and what you know.

There are many ways to make money online too. If you like and enjoy writing then Blogging might be something you should consider if you want to make money online for the rest of your life.

There is so much information on this Forum about Blogging and I am a blogger as well.

Follow the people you think will take you to success. That is how I started making money online - by modeling after successful people.

It is just a simple matter about doing what they are doing to get the same results they are getting.

Hope this helps you a bit more on your path to making money online.

Much success!

Snoopy240, Aug 9, 2013 IP