1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IP.Board Abandoned User Groups?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Taskism, Jul 30, 2013.

I'm using IP.Board v.3.3.4 and in the admin section, I don't see anything for editing user groups. Did they abandoned this? I searched Google a bunch of times and I don't see anything about it. This was a pretty vital piece of my website. My previous version of my website was 2.? and there was full support for custom user groups.

All replies, greatly appreciated.

Taskism, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  2. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:
    It probably doesn't help the fact that you're using IPB. It's the worst of the paid softwares on the market, and I'd go even as far as saying MyBB is a better software than IPB. My tip would be to convert to MyBB. It's free and offers some amazing options for editing custom user groups. :)

Matthew H, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. Taskism

Taskism Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, did they abandoned customer user groups? Your answer seems unrelated to the question.

Taskism, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  4. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:

I was simply offering my opinion and advice on the software you're using. I don't know for sure if they've abandoned it or not, but I would say, if you can't find the options where you could find them previously... then they probably have removed them. Have you thought about asking on the official IPB support forum?

Matthew H, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  5. Taskism

Taskism Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to be a dick here, but I did not post asking for any opinions, and I did not ask if there were better places to ask questions. I chose to come here knowing there are helpful people here. So, if you don't have an answer, feel free to find another thread to comment on, dude.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Taskism, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  6. Lazybuttons

Lazybuttons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use the search feature. It finds anything in the ACP super fast.

lolmybb.

Lazybuttons, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  7. stilv

stilv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree but more leading into "xenforo"

stilv, Aug 12, 2013 IP