1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my Google cache browser (Googlurl.com)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by pesst, Jul 29, 2013.

I wanted to keep design simple, site has unique idea and is new-born

www.Googlurl.com

Thanks a lot

pesst, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I just tried, it's not working. I am using Chrome, it keeps working and then it goes to: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to googlurl.com

Maybe it's just a temporary glitch. I'd like to check the site out.

qwikad.com, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. pesst

pesst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is working all time, try with a proxy

pesst, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Everything is working now. Earlier this morning it wasn't. It probably had a little downtime, happens to all sites from time to time.

qwikad.com, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  5. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Works for me, but a couple of things to think about...

1. I would make your disclaimer about not being apart of Google a little bigger so people can actually read it.

2. You currently simply grab the latest cached page of any given indexed url at google, but how about adding features so people can see old cached versions or cached pages from bing as well?

Without adding more options for seeing different cached versions, I really don't see any need for this as it is because I can access the cached version of any page from googles own search results.

SystemOAD, Jul 30, 2013 IP
    pesst likes this.
  6. pesst

pesst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Idea came when I was looking for a password of a file in a forum (removed now), then pasted it and found a version from months before, and got the password.

Good review,

1. I don't find big inconvenient since it is possible to read it (it is not hidden),

2. that is what "wayback machine" website does, I just wanted to offer a way to search in google cache, site is not as easy as you may think, it has programming background since google bans sites that just do cache based queries.

pesst, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  7. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I have to disagree, I had to zoom in to see what it said down the bottom as I wasn't sure if it was some term of using the site, or something to do with cookies etc. I know its not hidden, so its ok, but from a user point of view its to small to read on an average size screen/resolution, also consider how mobile users may (or rather may not) be able to see it!

I didn't know google banned sites that do just cached based queries, but still, it would be nice to give people the option to expand or continue from the original/most current cache copy you display.

Maybe add links for "old cached copies" and "bing cache" once you're on a result? Again other wise, I personally don't see the point in the site, but hay that's just my opinion, but then again I use firefox plugins to view current cached copies directly from google search results so if I was to have a use for a site like yours it would need to offer me more then just the current cache as I can already get that without leaving google!

SystemOAD, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  8. pesst

pesst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your opinion,

1. is just the "mandatory" test to avoid legal problems, I really dislike to have 2 lines for most common screen resolutions, so will see if increasing size affects to have 2 lines or 1 (as I currently see in my laptop)

2. this basically offers an easy solution for newbie users that do not use plugins and so on, and what to see if a removed, bannned, etc... website stills somewhere with data like download links or password or whatever :)

pesst, Jul 30, 2013 IP