1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to get proper investment?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Matthew H, Jul 29, 2013.

Hi everyone,

I have a solid business plan for something I want to achieve. It's a great idea, has low competition, and could potentially make millions inside the next 2-3 years. I need a serious investor - yet everywhere I look people turn their noses up. The total investment needed is around $750, yet, everywhere I've looked, people aren't willing to invest this much into projects.

I've looked at several sites and I've even looked here at Digital Point but I can't seem to find anyone who has that kind of money at their disposal. My plan is solid and although I can't reveal full details of it until something is agreed, I'm not even getting to the stage where I'm discussing with investors, they just decline as soon as I say the investment amount.

Can anyone share any places whereby I can find serious investors willing to invest amounts of $500+?

Thanks!

Matthew H, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised you have that kind of response for such a small amount of money. Now, when you say $750, you arent' forgetting the "K" are you? :)

I wish I had a direct answer here for you because this is something I'd like to know. However, I can give you the benefit of some selling advice, if you want it.

Try approaching the potential investor with the idea and how it will benefit them. Talk about the upside, your solid research on why this will be successful and how they will benefit. then downplay the investment amount. Get them excited about the idea and then when all you need is less than one thousand bucks, they may bite.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that for an idea which has the potential to make millions, why do you only need $750 to get it going? That's a small amount of money. Do you think it's possible people aren't taking it seriously?

SCookAAM, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:

I'm not missing a K, no. The idea is revolutionary, really. There is a low competitive market for such an idea, and a massive gap. The target audience is around 40 million people, and there are only 2 websites in existence which target this area, and both are small sites which are run more for "fun" than for a business.

The idea is one that will take time to build, and the reason why the required investment is so low is because I'm a web programmer and I can make the site myself... the fees are for some initial advertising and other small costs (graphics, domains, etc). The site will start paying for itself almost immediately, although most of the profit will go back into the site, with the investor recouping his full $750 + an additional $1000 within three to four months of site opening.

From what I've seen, many "investors" seem to be children or young adults who are looking to invest $50 or $100 and get back double their investment inside a week or two... and that's not realistic.

4. Tathagata Mukherjee

Tathagata Mukherjee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get 3 likes or buy a premium membership here and post your offer in the "Partnership" section. This is the best i can say for you. Good Luck.

Tathagata Mukherjee, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:

I will try that when I have the required amount of likes, however, as I have said, I have already PMed a fair few people who expressed an interest in investments inside of that section and all of those people seem to not want to invest that kind of money.

6. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you're right, that's not realistic. There are some hyip, high yield investment plans out there, but even they don't double in a week, and you certainly can't take your money out.

But for such a small amount of money, I'm surprised you can't just borrow it from friends or family. We're not talking a lot of cash here. do you think as I mentioned that such a small return isn't getting anyone interested?

yes, 1K is great for a 750 investment, that's a 133% ROI. But over 3-4 months, that may not be that exiting. Perhaps you might offer an equity share instead? Although the amount of money is small, it's vital, so giving your investor a 5% or so share in the profit might be more exciting. And in truth, might get you more funds.

I wish I had it, but as I'm a web developer and internet marketer as well, I've been putting all my extra cash into promotion.

SCookAAM, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  7. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:

I'm not in contact with most of my family, and, if I'm honest, I don't think many of my friends would be in a financial position to offer such a loan to me, and I would feel bad for taking it from them. I'm looking to secure an investor who can make the investment and not worry about where their next meal is coming from... I don't want to turn anybody's life upside down if they were relying on getting the money and it was late by a week or something, you know?

And a 133% ROI is good, but possibly at a 3-4 month return rate it might not seem so appealing. Equity is something I'm not interested in giving, however, the ROI return is something that I'd be willing to negotiate on with a potential investor.

Getting more than the $750 is not something that interests me either - I have a plan for the $750 and I know what I want to do with it.

Thanks for your help :)

8. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, what you need to do is to post your project on corwd fundign platform like kickstarter, or indiagog.
    You can get lot of funding through the sites for free ! You need to give away something with small cost.

mian.owais211, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  9. Nathan Franklin

Nathan Franklin Member

Best Answers:
    If I was you I would do my best to stay away from investors when it's for such a "small" amount of money. If your idea truly is revolutionary then you don't want to be giving away a chink of your revenue and will have no problem making your money back. Just take your business plan down to the bank and get a loan.

If your worried about a loan then Mian is 100% right Kickstarter is a great way to fund the next best thing. I wish you the best of luck finding the money you need.

Nathan Franklin, Jul 29, 2013 IP