1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective are Article Directory sites nowadays

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Barbara3922, Jul 19, 2013.

I'm creating backlinks to my sites I do not have too many problems getting new quality articles ,but I need to get more backlinks so I was wondering how effective are Article Directory sites nowadays , should I try something else ? web 2.0 maybe ?

Barbara3922, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. ballyjames21

ballyjames21 Member

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking is quick and effective method to create backlinls.

ballyjames21, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Web 2.0 sites and Guest blogging is new advanced versions of article directories.

MilesWeb, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  4. gprialde

gprialde Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are still effective in many ways. Check http://www.freecontentarticles.com and see how instant publishing self-serving article directories work!

gprialde, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  5. Cassondra Buelnaj

Cassondra Buelnaj Member

Best Answers:
    try wordpress and blogspot sites, where you put an article on them and link to your money site, then link bookmarks to these web2.0. thats a very effective method

Cassondra Buelnaj, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  6. Numberwang

Numberwang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It can be effective only if the page of the article site that your article gets posted to actually has PR. A lot of people will say "Article Submission to x number of PR 5 directories" but it's just the homepage that has the PR, not the deep internal page with you article and link on it.

Numberwang, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  7. Cassondra Buelnaj

Cassondra Buelnaj Member

Best Answers:
    dude, if you post to a article directory all posts will have pr n/a, because its a new article. you cant post an article on the homepage. samething with blogspot and wordpress.

Cassondra Buelnaj, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  8. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the best thing that article directories are used for is to help pillow your site's keyword structure so you don't get a penalty from google when you use high pr links to rank with.

Lurchy, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  9. chapziiid

chapziiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Article submissions, directory listings, commenting, web 2.0 etc etc etc are all no-no's if they are done by themselves or relied upon to be the difference between success and failure but all have a place (a very small place) within a legitimate and successful SEO strategy.

If your customers would expect you to be listed in local directories, contributing on certain forums or creating hubpages etc, then you should do just that.

chapziiid, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  10. Scott Hughes

Scott Hughes Member

Best Answers:
    Article directories can work, but not as a direct link to your site. My suggestion is to create tiered linking. Start with your "money page/post", the best links to your money site are Web2.0, Pdf, Forums and Social networks, use these to create a circle of links around your money page. Then create a circle of social bookmarks, Wikis, Articles around those, then use a pinging service to ping EVERYTHING, that will get them indexed faster.

Scott Hughes, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  11. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those article directories which were not penalized are still helpful for link building purposes.

But please submit only fresh articles to these article directories for better benefit.

SERPpoint, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  12. Metro Shoes Pakistan

Metro Shoes Pakistan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many effective ways to get backlinks to website. The most useful methods are:
    1. Blog commenting
    2. Directory submission
    3. Article submission
    4. Guest posting
    5. Social bookmarking

Metro Shoes Pakistan, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  13. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article posting works the best when you write truly useful and quality content. not only do many article sites like ezinearticles reward you for posting a large number of good articles, but you have a much higher chance that these articles will be syndicated. When I write articles, I will usually write four version of the same title and publih it to four different diredctories. In this way, I can spread more content that is both high quality and unique.

As was mentioned above, article marketing is not the only means, but it is a valid one. it creates a lot of linked content and gives you some authority.

SCookAAM, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  14. Brother Hassan

Brother Hassan Member

Best Answers:
    Article Submissions still work though not as good as they used to. Still worth a try, I say hire someone with an automated software to make the process a ton easier.

Brother Hassan, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  15. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    you see I disagree with the automated software technique. All you really are doing is creating a lot of duplicate content. It can help within the directories that the software posts to, certainly, but it won't win you any brownie points with Google.

if anything, it seems to me that if you use these applications, do so sparingly. Stick to writing and re-writing unique content.

SCookAAM, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  16. Brother Hassan

Brother Hassan Member

Best Answers:
    But that's hardly worth the effort, I mean Google doesn't really love article directories and I doubt it possible for someone to submit to all the major article directories with unique content. Maybe you could do that with a couple of the major ones but hardly possible with all the directories. You need to spin content and submit.

17. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that's true, there's just not enough time and quuite frankly, it's hard to create unique content for every site. however, when it comes to article marketing, quanity goes a lot further than quality. Yes, you may write an article and spin it many times, but what often comes out from an article spin is at best a poorly written piece and at worst noneense. You also have to think of your reader. While there are many directories, by posting hand written unique content to the top four or five, you will have a much better chance of syndication and that content will be of a very high quality.

An article that looks to be automated will not make a very good impression on your reader. And from what I've heard and researched, the search engines can detect it too. Of course, this is one man's opinion, others may disagree and have had different results.

But I still believe that when it comes to content cration, and writing in particular, that you get much more mileage out of quality over quantity. The whole point is to demonstrate to the reader that you are an authority on the subject about which you're writing and that they should pursue you further. With written material, you can only make one first impression. So why not make it a good one.

yes, article spinners and automated system do make it very easy to pump a huge amount of content out. But I believe that in life, business, eetc. , the old saying is true: "nothing worthwhile is easy."

18. Brother Hassan

Brother Hassan Member

Best Answers:
    I hear what your saying but again, that only works for a couple of the top directories - you can't do that with the whole lot of them. I think a balanced approach would be to submit unique content to the top most directories and then spins to the low quality directories.

19. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that is not a bad idea. Because with sites like ezine, quidoo, goarticles, articlebase, upublish, amazines and the like, you get a lot of mileage and they help you also.

Would you recommend any automated services? And have they worked for you?

20. Brother Hassan

Brother Hassan Member

Best Answers:
    Try Crorkservice on Fiverr.

Brother Hassan, Jul 30, 2013 IP