1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone thought about learning online?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by InvestInPixels, Jul 26, 2013.

Hi there,

I'm a Spanish & English tutor on an online tutoring website. I'm wondering if there are any people interested in learning online here, and if so, have you done it before?

Do you learn online regularly? Do you find it effective?

Are you an online tutor? If so, where do you find new clients? So far I've just been using chalksy.com which has got me around 12 students, should I be using classifieds websites too?

Thanks in advance!

InvestInPixels, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  3. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:

i-to-i looks interesting, I'm definitely interested in travel.

The thing about the two websites you mentioned is that you are not working for yourself, to your own schedule. I'm interested in starting up my own online tutoring business (English/Spanish & maybe Web Design) in the future, so I need a company that allows me to work for myself and build up my own list of clients, such as the link I previously posted.

Cheers for the links!

InvestInPixels, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I haven't heard of Chalksy. I just checked them out, and like them. I might take classes there someday. Right now I'm taking online classes on TutsPlus. It's only $19 a month, and you can take unlimited classes. Although, it's mainly just in graphic design, web development, etc.

Rebecca, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  5. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:

Hi Rebecca,

Let me know if you're interested in Spanish/Web Design classes ;)! TutsPlus seems to be online content rather than live tutoring, but thanks for the suggestions!

InvestInPixels, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

TutsPlus is mainly video learning and a forum for each class. I'm studying graphic design, for that purpose it's perfect. I'll keep your Spanish tutoring in mind, as I only speak English. It would come in handy, especially where I am. There are lots of Spanish-speakers here! Anyway, have a nice day!! :)

Rebecca, Jul 27, 2013 IP
    InvestInPixels likes this.