1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Duplicacy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seo17, Jul 24, 2013.

I have one confusion like i have one website which is based on Restaurants theme. You can search restaurants,there menu along with location. So if i copy restaurant's details from some other site so will it considered as duplicate content or their is some other technique to copy that data and spin it.
    And in future how we will gonna update it's list. How can we know if there is any new opening of any restaurant in any state or any city?

http://www.chummuch.com/

seo17, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  2. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you copy the content of any other website then Google will indexed it as copy paste which is not good for your website. You should to write your own content which should be unique and free from grammatical errors.

iamalive, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  3. therealargo

therealargo Member

Best Answers:
    The OP asked about restaurant details, which may include addresses. It's a challenging task to try to spin addresses, eh? Matt Cutts recently announced that Google is now less strict with duplicate content, but that still has to be seen, I think. Gregevskye is right in saying that your site should have grammar-perfect and unique content, but in terms of addresses, there's a very fine line in terms of duplication.

therealargo, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  4. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    See i have a site on which we are providing listing of Restaurants in India .. So how can i modify Restaurant Name. I think restaurant name/address/phonenumber will be similar for all websites.

seo17, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. therealargo

therealargo Member

Best Answers:
    That's my point. I believe those details can't be changed easily, so you can keep them as is. If the details are part of an article, then you can jumble the address so that it passes copyscape. Again, that's a challenging task.

Mind giving an example?

therealargo, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your instant replies. I want to know one more thing like if any restaurant will open or closed recently in any state so how can we know about that ,How can we update our data on regular basis?

seo17, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    To know the latest information about new restaurants, you can check trusted dining sites if there is any in your country. If not, the only possible way is you have to build network with people from restaurants business.

alphaomegalady, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  8. mlmsoftjpr786

mlmsoftjpr786 Member

Best Answers:
    You must change early your web content if its duplicate. You should write a good and informative content.

mlmsoftjpr786, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  9. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    I want to know if any restaurant will open or closed recently in any state so how can we know about that ,How can we update our data on regular basis?Also Restaurant name will be similar for every site..

seo17, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  10. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    Any other suggestions pls...

seo17, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  11. blufoxx

blufoxx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess you can subscribe to google alerts with your keyword to find restaurants which opened recently if they start their website.

blufoxx, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  12. ballyjames21

ballyjames21 Member

Best Answers:
    you can copy that data and can put on your website it will not affect your website. but remember taht it should not be spam data.

ballyjames21, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  13. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality Content is best option when ever you add content in web page make sure this is best and unique not use elsewhere so that is the best option.

SASA Techno, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  14. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Just wann say that, you can't change the name which are common in universe. So their is no issue to change such content, whether it is on your site or other site. Now chk out what Matt Said. Here he just mentioned about term and condition (which are almost common). But from this video you will get the idea... chk out ....

MayurKawale, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  15. seo17

seo17 Member

Best Answers:
    Will Google Alert help us more in this or there is any other solution for that ?

seo17, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  16. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on mount of words being copied . like copying address isn't copyright infringement since address of a particular location remains same .

24wallpapers, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  17. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one project like this on the shelf waiting, and the way I see it having the copy-pasted address is nothing to worry about as long as you have some other content on the site as well. Personally I go for user submitted reviews and maybe even a self-written introduction.

Address information is such a small amount of data that you'll balance it out very easily.

SliceOfLife, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  18. JSD Abhi

JSD Abhi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think this type of copy content have not create problem becoz for example if we search for movie show then all site related it show same answer becoz any one can not change the name of movie so there is no problem with same name of resort. on the other hand to update information you have touch in with these resort.

JSD Abhi, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  19. citiesneeds

citiesneeds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi friend i suggest for you must change your copy paste content and should write a true, unique and informative content related for your site.

citiesneeds, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  20. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Description.

Description should be unique this is the way most of quality directories are doing, they don't allow any description which is submitted to any other site..

So the description should be unique!

SERPpoint, Jul 29, 2013 IP