1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answer Accounts all Were Deleted?!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by momoxie, Jul 24, 2013.

All my accounts were be deleted...but why?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  2. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which level are you in Yahoo Answers? Only level 2 can post links. I guess you started putting links in the replies straight away? Yahoo is stricter now days. You really have to be careful. They ban all accounts if they suspect you are spamming with your links and not actually helping.
    Make new accounts and start over. This time do it with more care.

Sorry to hear that your accounts were all banned.

xtragudboi, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  3. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you xtragudboi!
    I had two level 2 accounts and no links...
    I just gave a normal answer to a question and the next day yahoo emailed me that my account was suspended...
    somehow the accounts cant be recover...I'll take your advice to make another new account and be more careful.
    thanks again!

momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  4. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Strange ! With just two replies and no links you were banned. This has never happened to my accounts . Tough Luck bro. Just don't lose hope and start again. Yahoo Answers has some free targeted traffic. You have to make use of it.Good Luck !

xtragudboi, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  5. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:

:) tons of thanks!

momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    "Ally my accounts" <-- isn't the answer already there in what you wrote? (You might not have spammed yet, so what they did was a preventative measure due to multiple accounts.)

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  7. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:

my answer is very simple...
    Did they think the answer is too simple to be accepted?

momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Do you think Yahoo! wants people to use their Answers services for spamming/promoting their own sites? Otherwise, there would have called it "Yahoo! Spam! Your! Link! Answers!". To me, it seems like they have taken preventative measures as they detected that someone has multiple accounts. It's not about what was posted, but things that have raised flags. They may have thought you're trying to game the system (points) or that it was a prelude to spam, both are a violation of their TOS (community guidelines or whatever you want to call it).

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and malky66 like this.
  9. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:

so it is..I got it..much thanks! :)

momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  10. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to take the other tack, do these megasites think we the web public are just supposed to keep supplying them with endless free inventory in the form of useful answers, in an endless one way arrangement? Don't some of us get to have requirements too? Some of us don't buy the "links = spam" notion when it comes to using YA, and think our own sites may be useful as well.

Other precautions to be aware of are to clear cache and other indicators you are operating multiple accounts, if that is what you are doing. Try to avoid affiliate links, that can trigger a ban faster than other issues. And do try to put good content into the answers.

melprise, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  11. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:
    It is in fact in the Terms and Conditions/Terms of Service of Yahoo that you shouldn't use more than one account on Yahoo Answers. It's quite simple, follow the terms of service and your accounts won't be banned. Yahoo Answers is not the place to promote your products or services to the World.

Matthew H, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  12. melprise

Best Answers:
    In fact, many have followed the terms of service with YA with only one account, and still gotten banned. What's quite simple is that the one-way regime of "give us tons of your valuable answers, but we will give nothing back" does not serve the interests of many web visitors, whose sites may also be valuable. Leeching off the public's knowledge in this unfair fashion is not the way for Yahoo to promote its products or services to the World.

13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Aren't they just trying to create the right environment for their audience? Their audience is people wanting to ask a question and/or answer questions. Some people enjoy answering questions, collecting points and whatever. Some people might just answer because they appreciate they got an answer to their own question. They provided a place people can connect and ask questions, they did this for free.

As ever, some SEOs and website owners want to devalue such services by link dropping or outright spamming. They believe they have some kind of god*-given-right (*Satan, Buddha, Pikachu or whatever you believe in) to have their link plastered all over places it wasn't designed for.

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and malky66 like this.
  14. melprise

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure Yahoo thinks designing things as a black hole where "all your authority are belong to us," and viewing a link to anybody else as "spam" is THEIR God given right, but the world is not necessarily buying that self-serving set-up as "the right environment." The folks offering up all this value to Yahoo have fairly earned a bit of authority for their sites as well, just sayin'.

Yes, some people enjoy providing answers, but others enjoy providing answers they happen to monetize. Yahoo is also monetizing the arrangement, "they did this for free" as a means of being a depository of other people's free inventory, to bolster their site's perceived value and sell other products and services, not out of sheer altruism. Vive le difference.

15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    They are monetising on their own site, it's a big difference. If you don't like Yahoo!'s policies, you don't have to use their sites and services.

It's like in the "real world" - if you have a private establishment and someone wants to advertise there, they have to pay (assuming you are wanting to carry adverts), otherwise your restaurant (or whatever) is going to end up cluttered with adverts, driving away customers (because they think it's a mess).

People (the audience) don't have to use Yahoo! Answers (there are plenty of alternatives), but instead they choose to. They choose it for questions and answers, not to see links dropped by SEOs and website owners. Link droppers are not Yahoo!'s intended audience whatsoever, never mind how you try to paint it.

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  16. melprise

Best Answers:
    It's not painting, it's about getting off our knees, and NOT painting Yahoo's arrangement as merely "monetizing their own site" when they are plainly leeching value off of others (very often, answers that consist of content that was excerpted from other people's sites). Sauce for the goose---if Yahoo does not want people to be taking some value back, they do not have to be permitting links at all, yet they do. I'm just saying the linking is fair.

17. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just so confused...now I have a new account, and only one, and I do just follow the terms of service with YA ..
    and, waiting to see whether it will be banned

momoxie, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  18. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to there terms , you can't make multiple account in yahoo answer

24wallpapers, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  19. momoxie

momoxie Peon

Best Answers:
    ohoo!! according to three weeks trial, my yahoo account is still there!
    Nice!

momoxie, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  20. Ryver

Ryver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Perhaps other members from Yahoo answers marked you as spam? My answers got deleted too, even when I was purely giving advise and no links posted. Things are harsher in certain niches, one of the things you can do to reduce risk of getting banned is to set your profile as private. People are often reported as their profile violates the terms over there.

Ryver, Aug 30, 2013 IP