1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective is fiverr anyways?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 100wordrants, Jul 23, 2013.

I have used fiverr a few times for certain things like articles and linkwheels and facebook likes. It seems like sometimes its successful and other times it kills my sites. What kinds of things are the best for marketing your site using fiverr and what things should I avoid?

100wordrants, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. ArticleForce

ArticleForce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr can be a goldmine. Yes, a lot of the gigs there are just fluff and junk, but if you really take the time and effort to dig deep, you'll generally be able to find a quality gig. Often, I've been able to order gigs where the value of the service offered exceeded the mere $5 I paid for it.

ArticleForce, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. Hudsonkraft

Hudsonkraft Member

Best Answers:
    I do like fiverr and have ordered a few gigs on there. I always just assumed you should not use sites like this for traffic and other mass marketing methods... maybe i'm wrong though? i am quite new with this stuff

Hudsonkraft, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  4. smart-seo9

smart-seo9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's good for many things, but for SEO and traffic "stay away".

smart-seo9, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I found fiverr to be full of crap when it comes to website traffic, facebook & twitter likes, facebook, twitter & youtube advertising, banner/text advertising on someone else's site and a couple more. I probably spent $150 trying to see if anything traffic related works on fiverr. I can assure you nothing works whatsoever. Total waste of money.

qwikad.com, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. Justyn Franko

Justyn Franko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my masterful use, I would say most services are effective as long as you're using reputable sellers.
    Make sure you search for reputable ones, and check reviews.

I have had alot of great success and some fallouts.

As with anything, there is a risk factor. This however has been far less than my positive experiences and simply put... Ill always use it for things that are simple such as

-backlinks
    -traffic
    -page views
    -followers
    -seo

ETc.

Justyn Franko, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  7. JohnApuna

JohnApuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive seen success with things like creating a video intro, writing an article, and creating a wordpress theme. It all depends on the seller. You have to search hard to find the good ones

JohnApuna, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  8. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I sometimes buy articles from Fiverr.com. There are many people who offer writing services, but it is a good idea to choose someone who is fluent in English and actually does their research before writing.This is all "trial and error" to find a good writer.$5 for a 400 word high quality article is money well spent.

Tom Lindstrom, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  9. iRanjeet

iRanjeet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Fiver link service for Tier 2 link strategy. Do not use directly for your main website. I usually use fiver for High PR profile Link building

iRanjeet, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  10. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    My experience is very hit and miss - I would be very wary of anything that is SEO related unless they have very very good feedback. The last thing you want/need is a load of spammy type links pointing towards your website. Other things like maybe content writing or spreadsheet development maybe fine.

They are not too bad for jokes either!

Money-Maker, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  11. shamrock754

shamrock754 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My experience is hit or miss also. I used them for craigslist postings and it was not worth it.

shamrock754, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  12. Charlie T

Charlie T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find Fiverr good for articles and writing in general. Sure it is a hit or miss, partly because it is a worldwide gig. However, I strongly do not recommend SEO services on Fiverr. Those backlinks are not quality backlinks and they can produce more harm than good. And anything to do with social media, not good.

-Good luck!

Charlie T, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  13. NEObate

NEObate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is good for some things but dreadful for others. Don't get content for your money site or even your tier ones from Fiverr unless you don't mind having bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

What I feel Fiverr is good for is things like testimonial videos and logo design. I've had some good quality buys from that section.

NEObate, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    steelbangle likes this.
  14. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only use fiverr for graphic designs and videos. I never buy backlinks etc from there as not sure whether they are effective or not.

DatingExpert, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  15. mrinalaha

mrinalaha Member

Best Answers:
    I am a freelance web content writer and tried in fiverr but without any results as yet. Elance is working fine for me till now. I hope to get a fiverr gig soon in the field of writing.

mrinalaha, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  16. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    It´s not easy to find good seo service there for just a fiver.

YesThatsMe, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  17. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I like Fiverr and have used them mainly for graphics but you have to check if they have a good reputation before you hire them. Once you find someone good you just keep using them.

bettaone, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  18. 100wordrants

100wordrants Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems the general consensuses is to avoid top level backlinks and SEO techniques from them and focus on finding quality content and graphic designers - although there still is no guarantee with that even.

I am glad the site exists for emergency needs on quick and inexpensive gigs though. Till then I will find other resources for top level SEO services.

100wordrants, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  19. EdWagner

EdWagner Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had good luck with transcription services on Fiverr if you do video marketing with YouTube. Adding a transcript helps with SEO on YouTube.

EdWagner, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  20. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many threads are we going to have relating to Fiverr services?!

The answer is ALWAYS going to be the same - you get what you pay for! As a rule, avoid Fiverr services... $5 trash is not going to help you in your search for rankings within Google, especially after the recent Penguin 2.0 algorithm rollout. At best, fiverr services should be considered for tier 1 and below.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Aug 3, 2013 IP