1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Report the suspicious users here!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kingofking, Jul 23, 2013.

Hi Admin/Mods,

The user https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/dustinboldt.770238/ looks suspicious to me as he has joined only by Wednesday and his first 3 posts has got likes from 3 different established members (https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/dustinboldt.770238/likes) and once he has become an established user, he has made a sale thread.

I checked this as I found the thread - http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netw...ant-buy-3-likes-digitalpoint-paying-20-a.html :)

To me, even all 3 established members who gave out likes also look suspicious.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/designpack.724853/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/iitstudent.348142/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/e_books.612594/

Please validate for any misuse of like system.

Thank you!

kingofking, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Should be all squared away now.

digitalpoint, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    matt_62 and kingofking like this.
  3. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should get a custom trophy for that. Something like: Sherlock Holmes

:rolleyes:

GMF, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Frost1, Devtard and kingofking like this.
  4. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I never knew i had a Sherlock Holmes in me :) Thank you DP for bringing that out! \m/

5. kingofking

Best Answers:
    Devtard, Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Rebecca, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    matt_62 and sarahk like this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    kingofking, malky66 and Arick unirow like this.
  8. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, seems one commenter on fiverr has the same username on DP

windxtgr
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/background-image.2669878/
    Code (markup):
    He also got 3 likes from the 3 users ( iitstudent, echotek, pro-designz) that kingofking denounced.

Seems like kingofking destroyed this fiverr gig :D

GMF, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Oooh, good catch! :)

Rebecca, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  10. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get me hooked - I'm going to check the web for DP like exchanges now and see what I can dig up. Maybe nothing at all, but it's just damn fun :rolleyes:

GMF, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  11. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some suspicions

User: jackie2011ws
    Likes from: zetttaxco (banned), Vebry Exa
    Comment on a fiverr gig with the username jackie2012ws. Could be coincidence
    http://fiverr.com/zettaxco/give-you-3-likes-at-digital-point-forum
    Code (markup):

Users: joypackard and seoservice786
    Also a comment on a fiverr gig. The users that gave the likes also look highly suspicious
    http://fiverr.com/oliver20/give-you-3-likes-at-digital-point-forums
    Code (markup):

GMF, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Devtard, kingofking, ryan_uk and 3 others like this.
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think the only real answer would be to make the BST marketplace for premium members or make them pay to use it, no way round it then.

malky66, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. kingofking

Best Answers:

Definitely NOT! If scammers are ready to buy Likes, they would definitely buy membership and try to cheat for a ransom. So, lets report scams and spams as we come across and make it a reliable forum for all :)

Devtard and Arick unirow like this.
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's a big difference in the price of premium membership and the cost of buying likes though, as far as i can see it's $5 for 3 likes on fiverr or seoclerks which they only have to pay once or $125 every year for a premium membership...big difference and the majority of them won't want to pay that, otherwise they just would anyway and gain access.

malky66, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, and even once they have premium membership, they are still lacking some things established members have (such as signature links). An annual (or one-off) fee for the marketplace doesn't entirely seem unreasonable (although I only sometimes use it - to pay people to do graphics work - it wouldn't really bother me to pay some kind of fee).

ryan_uk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    malky66 and Arick unirow like this.
  16. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree to both of Malky and KingOfKing.
    Malky was right about the difference of price for buying likes or getting premium membership. Soon or later, there would be no one selling Premium Account because it is almost impossible to sell Premium account at lower price. They may sell amost expired account but the buyer must be too 'ignorant' to purchase it.

While it can be good, DigitalPoint will be remembered for being 'Luxurious' for charging their members to use MarketPlace. Not bad thing but it is better to give 'positive image' in the history of internet. Facebook and other Social network already did this by saying "I give you an account that will remain Free forever".

If DP must implement it, I wish there would be some bonus/rewards for 'poor members' that willing to do business in MarketPlace. It is nice to receive 'Premium Membership' from Mods or Owner. It is up to Mods or owner to give it to any member they like. The member wouldn't sell it as they must be to 'ignorant' to do this.

As for KingOfKing opinion, He was right too. Current system has some loopholes but it is not bad at all. I think we need to support each others and help DP grow even bigger and better. Making BST available only for Premium user is not bad at all, however, I think Owner and Mods already think if BST basically is a 'reward' for 'noble members' whom helping DP grows even better. DP become great forum because there are lots of great members willing to spend their times in this lovely place. So, I think I agree with KingOfKing. Please understand I'm not disagree with another. I only think the problem is Spammer, Scammer and other peoples whom trying to breach the rules and make profit off of it.

Let's us think what is the best way to help DP become better. Mods and Owner already told us to use Report Button whenever we see any suspicious activities. It has been very effective and we have to use it often to keep the forum even better. Off course my opinion is not perfect but we don't need to worry that much. I believe Mods and Owner already get the best methods to solve the problem. As Member, we just need to give suggestion and help them when they ask for it.

Edit: Add quote

You give better explanation on the difference between Premium Member and Established members. It will make people not only get Premium membership but also established Member to fully use the forum. The bottom-line is Both Premium and Established members have their own advantages. People whom willing to use BST will buy Premium Membership while Casual peoples whom willing to learn need nothing to use the forum.
    Seems good idea. :)

Arick unirow, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever thought of entering the world of politics?:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1, Katy and ryan_uk like this.
  18. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    No, I don't like politic. In fact, I didn't like to talk about politic.
    DP has 'Politic forum' and it is one of the most 'complicated' forum in DP that I would avoid if I could.
    Sometimes, I read few threads and give likes but I didn't want to join the conversation.
    Politic is only for people whom really smart to solve the problem. I'm not that smart. The best thing I can do is just talking, give advice and try to set an example for my student.

No, Politic is not good for me and everyone already know if I'm not really good to enter the world of politic. :)

19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would vote for you but unfortunately I can't. Why?.......Because as has been said so many times (ad nauseum) "DP is not a democracy". Actually it's a dictatorship, but it's one that I can live in.....I guess.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  20. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Thanks for voting on me but I think we should vote for Cute Penguin or Gentle Bear. :D
    "DP is not Democracy", I think I ever read it many times. It may not democracy but this is the only place where the owner willing to listen our opinions and answer it. Sometimes I have hard times understanding 'Democracy' and 'Dictatorship' in DP. :D
    Sometimes I think 'Dictatorship' will destroy the system while in another times I think Democracy will also did the same thing. Both of them seem have no different at all. :D
    Well, Maybe I need to learn more about 'Dictatorship' and 'Democracy'. :p

By the way, we should go back On Topic or Mod will lock this thread (you used to tell me about this, right? - I like it when you do this.);)

Let's support KingOfKing for starting thread to report any bad user whom thinking to breach the rules. Not all people have the courage to do so. I respect OP and all people whom participate in this thread. In the end, we have to support each others.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Spoiltdiva likes this.