1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Remove the reporting time limit

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by superrichguy, Jul 23, 2013.

I was trying to report a couple of spammy posts and after the first one it said I had to wait 12 seconds to report another one.
    I can understand having the time limit on posting but not reporting. Just my .02

Solved! View solution.
    superrichguy, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I think probably its to slow down or stop some frustrated users hitting REPORT button for a large number of posts and queuing the mods/admin's moderation control panel.

kingofking, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    It's the generic flood protection that applies to other areas of the site too (for example sending private messages or replies). There isn't a way to set it on a per function basis unfortunately.

digitalpoint, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say, the report "cooldown" on DP is the shortest I've ever seen. On many other forums, it's about 60 seconds (which can get quite annoying).

GMF, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Does this time limit apply on "Creating New thread" also?? Because I had seen one spammer created around 7 thread and I keep reporting on them but every time that 30 second time stops me but he is creating new thread easily..after 5 min he is banned but If you limit timer for Report any post then that same should apply for creating new thread.

FreeFun4Every1, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I assume it does, but not 100% certain. Will check it next time I create a thread.

digitalpoint, Jul 24, 2013 IP