1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to check if someone has cheated on "Likes" ?

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by Tyrexionibus, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,

I'm believing someone is cheating on "Likes". There is a paid competition, and who has most "Likes" wins (outside Facebook, but integrated with a Facebook API inside an HTML5 page). It goes that an user, who has about 140 friends right now, and had about 500 "Likes" on 9AM on a day, increased to about 5,000 "Likes" on 11AM that day. This is unbelievable, as it's impossible that he had so many people to tell to like in just 2 hours!

This is breaking the competition's rules; how to do a quick check for this?

Thank you
    Tyrexionibus

Tyrexionibus, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  2. theserp

theserp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simply check the likes -are they all from people without profile pictures, with chinese/asian names etc. Look at their profiles. usually its really easy to see if a profile is unique or not. Sadly there are sites that offer such services.
    Btw facebook "like" contest are prohibited and against the facebook rules, that's why facebook created the "apps".
    Good luck!

theserp, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  3. Tyrexionibus

Tyrexionibus Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, that's what I thought by viewing such a page: http://moblemi.blogspot.it/2012/05/how-to-get-over-1000-likes-on-ur.html

that explains how to cheat on FB likes. Another symptom of this would be the account of the cheater used to like pictures and posts he doesn't even know, as the note says "btw your account will also be used to like other people's posts but you won't realise it"

The problem is, I need the permission of the API's host to view who has "Liked" on him, as the likers are well hidden. Plus, now that the competition is closed and the cheater has won, it's even worse.

4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what are you talking about?

Likes cost $5, for almost as many as you want. You can get 100, or you can get 32,000 for just $5. I use this for some sites that have 0, getting 25 starting likes just seems to help break the ice a little, and the likes grow naturally from this.
    "btw your account will also be used to like other people's posts but you won't realise it" -> dont know what you are talking about. I have brought likes before, and they never even knew my facebook username at all. I can buy likes for anyone, any site, anytime I want. That means that if anyone saw that competition of yours, and wanted to mess it up for a laugh, then anyone could pay the $5 and have it done, no worries.

matt_62, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  5. Tyrexionibus

Tyrexionibus Peon

Best Answers:
    "Your account will also be used to like other people's post but you won't realise it" is taken from the website I mentioned before. The mechanism behind this is an exchange of likes: "I sell myself to like your posts as long as you sell yourself to like mine", that's what is evicted from the webpage (blogpost.it/etc).

The question remains: how did the cheater cheat? It was not a like competition on Facebook, it was on a webpage. You were requested to log in, and an "app" automatically liked after you had logged in. It was completely outside Facebook; FB was used only for login and identification/authentication purposes.

Can you buy a login too? Don't know this. That's why I'm asking.

6. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No you have to look carefully at the interaction on his most resent post.
    You can tell if you look close enough .Look at his page then look at a celebrity's page or
    a well know high traffic page and you will see what is real and what is fake.

tac88, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  7. DexLexington

DexLexington Peon

Best Answers:
    Well with that little amount of "friends" for that many likes, that is very unlikely that all of their friends decided to go and like all of their stuff like that. So it is safe to say that they cheated and purchased likes just to win the competition.

DexLexington, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  8. Em&em

Em&em Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many facebook groups offering services like this, it is sad but thats how it rolls. Make sure to report it to the hosts of the competition

Em&em, Jul 18, 2019 IP
  9. Victoria712

Victoria712 Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply check his facebook business manager account and you will know if he had ran a campaign for likes or not this the only way and this the why where the both are making money your friend and facebook too. Just have a look in facebook headquarters and you will know how much you can do.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Victoria712, Apr 21, 2021 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.