1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Chrome Gets No Love From Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by CU_Designs, Jul 18, 2013.

Sooooooo, today I was checking my Yahoo! email and after logging out was presented with the screen as seen in the screenshot below. Looks like Yahoo is showing no love to Chrome. No wonder I've been having issues with some of Yahoo's new mail features. That' ok because I'll still use Chrome when checking my email.

[​IMG]

CU_Designs, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. dbrian221

dbrian221 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OMG you you chrome , google tracks your every move via chrome

dbrian221, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. adenquiry

adenquiry Member

Best Answers:
    It is time Yahoo created their own browser, but that said Yahoo has lost a lot of its share in the search market. They may never recover unless the way we search the Internet undergoes some revolutionary change.

adenquiry, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  4. dbrian221

dbrian221 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Something tells me Yahoo dont want to regain its share anyway. They are trying to destroy Yahoo brand by making stupid decisions.

dbrian221, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  5. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I sure do use Chrome as well as Firefox, and IE. I'm a web designer so I've got the major ones. But I predominantly use Chrome. The thing some people don't realize is that regardless what browser you use, all of your Internet activity is always being tracked -- even when people use proxies in attempts to "hide". It's the Internet. Everyone is being tracked whether they want to believe it or not. We can delete our cookies, history, cache and everything else under the sun and even use incognito and programs like CCleaner, but we really have no proof that all has been deleted and not stored by some other browser company, other software, or ISP and on their systems. *shrugs* Just the way it is. It's the Internet and should be expected.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    CU_Designs, Jul 19, 2013 IP
    liamwli likes this.
  6. dbrian221

dbrian221 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah sure our Internet activity is always being tracked but I read a detailed article on the web regarding how Chrome monitors all the activity we do on web, every URL you type into the location bar, even on other search engines and all that is linked to your google account. Now suppose you are searching for some hot vids and that too gonna record in your web history. At least by using other browsers all our universal details are not saved into same place or worst in the google account.

dbrian221, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  7. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think that if people have issues with being tracked, then they should just stay off of the Internet. Because unless you are behind the scenes and in the coding and programming of every website (yes these too can track data not just browsers), browser, software program, and even apps and mobile apps, then you can definitely expect that more than one developer of these things we use daily has done some dirt to track every little thing you do. If this were a world where people didn't do bad things and didn't lie, then being concerned about who is tracking my Internet activity among other things would be completely non-existent. But we live on Earth in a world where people do things for some type of gain (whether to satisfy being bored, needing a challenge, for personal and/or business gain).

So if a person gets connected to the Internet, every person should at very least expect (yes I said expect) to be tracked (followed) down to even every character you type on your computer because some "trusted" brand software you put or had pre-installed on your computer figured they could get away with monitoring even that. It happens.

Keep in mind that even some of these programs actually mention what they are tracking on your computer, but they figured most people don't read their lengthy terms. So they get away with it. And even if they don't put it in their terms, if most people don't read terms, then who is actually going to say something about it? The worst that could happen in the eyes of these developers is that, 'Oh the end-user will just install our software from their computer. Big deal!' Because by the time the end-user decides to read their terms of every piece of software and site they encounter, the source has already gathered some information from the system of the end-user.

And what's to prevent the developer from stopping there? They can put some virus on your system that triggers when you attempt to delete their program or hidden file that just sits silently undetected. No anti-virus or security software out there can get it all. It's just not possible because new ones pop up. But it can get as much as possible. However, your system is still wide open for the next new spyware that hadn't been heard of, yet. It's limitless with technology.

So, again, if a person wants to ensure that they are never tracked, then I recommend they get rid of all devices of technology that has ever and still transmitting data even as this message is read. There is a lot of power in being a developer of any kind not just developers of web browsers, especially when the mass majority of people have no idea how something is put together and how it works. Most people just see the surface and don't care what's underneath until it's too late.

There is no amount of security in the world of technology that can stop tracking; not even any laws because people break laws every day without a care in the world. When the information has been gathered from your devices, there is no getting it back especially when the ability to make copies and transmit those copies is so easily done in a matter of seconds.

CU_Designs, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  8. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Chrome Gets No Love From Yahoo
    Do you think Google gives Yahoo any love back in any way, shape, or form? :D

danasurvey, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  9. Matthew H

Matthew H Member

Best Answers:
    Stupid move from Yahoo, market wise. A lot of people are using Google Chrome and they're not doing themselves any favours by taking Chrome off their support browsers list. How can they justify supporting Opera, which has a significantly lower userbase, but not Google Chrome? Ridiculous decision.

Matthew H, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. PVAseller

PVAseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yahoo hate google

PVAseller, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree, but then again, you don't want to directly support your competition either.

danasurvey, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  12. dbrian221

dbrian221 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I slept after reading first 2 lines.

So you think that anyone who doesn't want to share private information online should stay off the internet. Hmmm you sound like a Google employee. You may be happy to share your private pics/information online cuz you think its nothing wrong. If you do you are welcome to share everything on the web( I guess you are already doing that) but it doesn't mean everyone feels the same about it.

http://gawker.com/5637234/gcreep-google-engineer-stalked-teens-spied-on-chats

"If you're an SRE, for instance, on Gmail, you will have access to mailboxes because you may have to look into the databases," the former Google SRE—who did not work with Barksdale—explained to us by phone. "You'll need access to the storage mechanisms," he explained, pointing out that in order to determine the cause of a technical issue with Gmail, an SRE might have to access emails stored on Google's servers to see if data is corrupted.

SREs are given unfettered access to users' accounts for the services they oversee, according to a former SRE who left the company in 2007.

Like the above case feel free to give access to your most private emails(including username and passwords to your various online accounts, bank account emails) to a corporation whose main motive is to generate revenue. No thank you but I don't want to do the same.

As for websites tracking you, delete the cookies and there is no tracking. Almost all the websites track us via cookies and IP address. They use the cookies from previous session to gather your browsing pattern and other details. If you know how to do it right you can stop them from spying on you.

I don't want to be tracked, not because I'm doing anything illegal or wrong but I don't want my private information to be stored online and fall into wrong hands like hackers like below.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2011/08/google-hacking-exposes-large-caches-of-personal-data/1

"The files were neither encrypted nor password-protected and some were cached by at least one major search engine," says Identity Finder CEO Todd Feinman. "If we don't help companies discover exposed data, thieves will find them first and harvest Social Security numbers for illicit use or trade the knowledge of their existence so others can steal them."
    Feinman says that when unethical hacking groups find personal information, they routinely post that information to the Internet for everyone to see and potentially download for identity fraud.

So good luck if you are ok with someone browsing your private emails or may even steal your identity. If you think that people who care about privacy should stay off internet as one cannot stop someone from tracking you, then I don't think you know about tracking at all, although you call yourself a web developer.:)

dbrian221, Jul 25, 2013 IP