1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My predictions for the future...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by xtmx, Jul 19, 2013.

2014: Scott Walker doesn't get reelected. (Yes, I'm from Wisconsin)
    2016: Jeb Bush or Chris Christie face off against Hilary Clinton. Clinton gets approximately 55% popular, 60% electorate.
    2018: The internet begins to decline; it is replaced by native applications.
    2020: Democrats win again, after which the republicans are largely irrelevant.
    2025: Google becomes the world's largest company. People have walked on Mars.
    2030: The American Dream becomes functionally over. The pope becomes functionally powerless. Secular religions are dominant in developed countries.
    2032: Foolproof lie-detectors are in wide use by the government.
    2036: Most Unix systems are successfully converted to 64-bit time, preventing the global meltdown (for now). Government(s) starts redistributing wealth on a major scale.
    2040: Robots are in wide use, including as married partners.

What do you think?

xtmx, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You left something out.

2028: GWorld and Mia continue to insult one another in DP P&R section as they have been consistently doing for the last several decades. ;)

earlpearl, Jul 20, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ....and this one
    2014: Shawn finally sees the light and shuts down the shithole known as P&R and bans all the nutjobs so they can't post their pointless childish shit anywhere else on the forum.

malky66, Jul 21, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You missed a bit - continue to insult each other as a married couple. :p

ryan_uk, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If Hillary Clinton runs, I'm pretty confident she'll lose. Hopefully, the Democrats will nominate her.

Rebecca, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Surely she will win with her sex appeal!

ryan_uk, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

I don't believe she'll get that much support solely based on her sex, from men or women. I wouldn't vote for her.

Rebecca, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I predict she will be the first elected female US President. Who knows what can truly happen though. :D

@xtmx, one of your predictions for 2036 sounds nonsense (I guess you were joking or just being hopeful). Can you guess which? :p (Hint: governments and wealth - maybe you are right, but to their own pockets!)

ryan_uk, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  9. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ousting an incumbent can be difficult, as the recall election showed us. I'd bet against you on this one for that simple fact.

Jeb Bush maybe, Christie... fat chance. Either one would be a horrible candidate IMO. Regarding Clinton's share of the popular vote, the last president to get over 55% was Ron Reagan, who also carried 49 out of 50 states. I don't know a person on the planet from either party who puts Hilary "What difference does it make" Clinton as high as two leagues under Reagan, never mind the same league.

SAAS applications are already being replaced by private cloud apps and native apps have never left us.

Assuming we are not Greece by 2020, your prediction flies in the face of all historical precedent. The longest time any one party has held the white house was 6 terms during and after Lincoln, and then 5 terms during and after FDR. Its called a two party system because interests always coalesce around two parties. In other words, the opposition is no more doomed than the Democrats, and both parties will evolve, just as the Democrats did after championing slavery and Jim Crowe for so long, only 50 or so years ago.

Aren't they already? Lets hope the FTC breaks them up sometime in the very very very near future.

Secular Liberalism is already the dominant religion in America. Blind faith in a government that can take care of everyone so there will be no want, complete abandonment of personal responsibility, utter hatred of those outside of the faith, immune to facts and historical evidence regarding human nature and economic systems. Left to it's own devices, it would destroy the American Dream long before 2030. Thankfully, we have a form of government that effectively revolts every 2,4, and 6 years, so change is inevitable.

2016 sounds more likely for that.

Aren't most personal computers already running 64bit systems? I know most servers are. I doubt a single piece of embedded hardware that runs today will still be running in 2020, but I love the hype over anticipated "meltdowns". Y2K was pure profit.

Governments already redistribute wealth on a major scale. It usually hurts, not helps. Governments like Venezuela, that go for the full monty by simply seizing private assets and redistributing them, turn into dictatorships. What you can count on is the golden rule. He with the gold, makes the rules.

https://www.realdoll.com/

Very interesting.

Obamanation, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  10. Charles90

Charles90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree with this. America will come back, maybe not as strong on a global scale due to rising powers, but the desire to live here will be stronger. Nothing beats capitalism!

Charles90, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  11. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting predictions there....waiting to see how true that will be.
    Especially this: 2040: Robots are in wide use, including as married partners.
    ;)

mian.owais211, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  12. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2015 - Run amok global warming becomes reality.
    2025 - Global economic meltdown due to lack of energy resources.
    2030 - Mass starvation in Africa , Asia and half the Middle East. The USA can no longer project global power.

ApocalypseXL, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    2099- Romania is still a shit hole.;):)

gworld, Aug 6, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. bcdxer

bcdxer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2025: Google becomes the world's largest company. People have walked on Mars./////not possible for another 50 years.........

bcdxer, Sep 21, 2013 IP