1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank Question

Discussion in 'SEO' started by TGBSeth, Jul 20, 2013.

My site (TGBuzz.com) has been around for almost two years, has a bit of traffic and also has partnerships with more than 30 companies including Samsung, BenQ, etc.

Well, throughout this whole time, my Google PageRank is 1, yep, that's right, a 1.

I've come to the conclusion that I must be doing something terrible wrong for the site to be ranking that horrible. This has definitely ruined a lot of our potential traffic and I would love to have it resolved sooner rather than later.

Any thoughts?

TGBSeth, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything seems legit, by telling some traffic give numbers or at least average, and by saying partnership what do you mean?
    I did a simple research and you don't have enough linkbacks, you should work on linkbuilding and keyword optimization and I don't mean on your site, you should work a little bit on the outside, try directory listing first.
    that's all I can advice you for now, because that's the part you are lacking for the beginning, boosting your traffic can also be through social media if you fail at SEO, best of luck.

wissam, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe work harder to get some more back links, I am getting up that you have about 50, and the traffic seems to be rolling very nicely, but mainly in India'? Do some keyword checks because you actually have no keywords defined from what I can see in the index page, that will not help at all

dedideals, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  4. TGBSeth

TGBSeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response. Traffic is around 1,000 readers each day (not amazing but its ok) and by partnerships I mean that since half of our site is based around reviews of products, we have 30 or so Tech companies that send us all of their new products for free if we review them them. Examples of those products would be the Samsung Galaxy S4, Xbox, iPhone, etc.

TGBSeth, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  5. TGBSeth

TGBSeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    India? Not sure why that is the case since the last time I checked it was primarily coming from the USA and Australia, but maybe that changed for some odd reason.

How do you define keywords on the index page?

TGBSeth, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  6. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:

Unsure but checkout alexa.com that should help you.

<meta name="keywords" content=""/>

Just add keywords like keyword1, keyword2 etc in the content section, put it in the header of the site.

I can see it already there but non are defined, if you get this sorted, that will be a major step to moving forward and getting more search engine traffic

dedideals, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  7. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's great, as I said linkbacks are important on your niche, I would recommend it in this order
    • Directory submittion
    • comment on blogs leaving your link in there <- be real don't spam or use software it works the best.1
    • Burn your feeds in feedburner.com and generate an html page for them, submit that page to RSS directories (is legal).
    • add links automatically to articles that people copy from you, a service is called tynt.com can do that, totally legal and protect you from content theft.
    that's what I can think of right now, unless you wanna hire me ;P jk

wissam, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  8. TGBSeth

TGBSeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome, I will start working on that, thanks!

TGBSeth, Jul 20, 2013 IP
    wissam likes this.
  9. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is not an important measure unless you are selling backlinks to people who care about Pagerank. Also, the pagerank you see is only updated every 4 months or so by Google and doesn't reflect the actual pagerank Google has for your site behind the scenes.

If you really want to increase Pagerank you need backlinks from High Pagerank websites. Generally Speaking you need a backlink from a PR6 site to become a PR4 or you need a bunch of PR4 links to become a PR4 etc etc. There are charts that can give you a general idea on how many links you need to gain a certain PR.

The bottom line is that PR isn't that important.

Corestratagems, Jul 21, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  10. pranay01

pranay01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you really want to increase Page Rank of your sites so first of all you need so High PR backlink to your sites, and regular updation with good quality content which attract the visitor also you need strong social profile, these factor will help to increase your Page Rank and search engine visibility

pranay01, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  11. Articles Arthors

Articles Arthors Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What you may simply be needing is some high PR backlinks to your site, you can purchase these fairly cheaply and it should (after the next google update) lead to your pagerank to increase. A few backlinks from sites at pr 5 or above should increase your sites pr.

Articles Arthors, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  12. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to get links from sites with whom you partner if possible. Do press releases and get traction. Content is king according to Google. Quality, informative and relevant content does well on Google as they are helpful to users. Be consistent at doing it and you will definitely see an increase in traffic, links and online authority of your site in the long run.

rankwatch.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  13. auroin

auroin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Page-rank is not an important measure. If you really want to increase Page-rank you need backlinks from High Page-rank websites. Page rank depends upon so many things like website design, content, image, etc. Whichever way we choose to promote our website through search engines is our concern. For regular update with good quality contents which attracts the visitor, you need strong social media profile. Now-a-days SEO is working through a very strict procedure as Google is updating many algorithms to keep a check of the traffic. Google may not accept any kind of gaffe so I think the first step is to maintain our website and we must follow all instruction given by Google while doing it. Its only then, it becomes easy to get page rank from Google for our Website.

auroin, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  14. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think, within 2 years your page rank must be at 3 atleast and getting good traffic, but i can't understand your problem. Its very bad that your website is not getting enough traffic. If you have hired someone, change that and if you doing from yourself, try to adopt good SEO, otherwise be ready to bear a big loss in business.
    http://www.easymedianetwork.com/search-engine-optimization.html

emn, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  15. Parker8239

Parker8239 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The google if you want to generate PR for your site then you should try guest posting in high quality 50+ sites relevant to your niche.Google algo will give some PR weight to your site for sure from that all sites in next PR update.

Cheers!!

Parker8239, Aug 21, 2013 IP