1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Fully Custom Coded PHP Auction Site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by quadxnet, Jul 16, 2013.

For sale is a 3 year old website with a very memorable domain name. The website is a fully custom coded PHP auction website. The auction website was designed with with a bit of social aspects that allow the user to customize their profile page to fit them exactly. They can:

• Change their profile text color
    • Change their profile picture
    • Change their profile background
    • Write information about themselves
    • Add their Facebook, Twitter, & Google+ profiles

There is an administration backend that allows you to change the latest General News, Contents, Updates, and Promotions. You also tend to any support tickets from the administration console. There are other features in the administration console that are still unfinished but they are not necessary to run the site.

The auction site is based on credits. Users purchase credits and then create their listing using credits. The original idea was that it would be a flat $1 fee for all listings. This would be very appealing to buyers since it would be extremely cheap for them to sell items. I also figured there could be a beta period (1 or 2 months) where you could offer free listings to get traffic to the site.

Obviously the way you decide to take the site is completely up to you. This could be great for a niche auction site or you can easily use it as a full-blown ebay replacement.

I am looking for $2200 for the website. Remember this is fully custom coded, it is not a site that can simply be replicated with a script.

There is no traffic for this site as I have never promoted it or done any link building.

quadxnet, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  2. Jason1988

Jason1988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Site looks good. GL with the sale.

Jason1988, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  3. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Excellent design, seems to be a fully functional script just from browsing around for a few minutes..

A few questions:
    1. How easy is it to change the settings on the script? For example if someone wanted to change the complete name of the website and use a new link, or is boxselect.com hardcoded into the script? (I'm only asking, because with pre-made scripts, they're built to be used with various links (for each different customer) however with 'one-off custom scripts' they're usually made for a specific website, and thus the creator usually will only make them for that website because it's easier). This is mainly to say if the new owner wanted to make this website country exclusive, for example only for Australian users, or American users, etc. or even branch out if they desire to have the same script running on many different URL's for each Country, like eBay.
    2. Do we get full rights to the script? I.E. re-sale rights, the script will the be ours to own and you will not re-distribute?
    3. The features which aren't completed, are you willing to work with the new buyer to complete them?
    4. I noticed some of the images on the website are a little blurry (not enough to annoy someone) but enough that a professional looking website doesn't look all so professional anymore. This is on a Retina MacBook with Safari, not sure if it's just because of this.
    5. How easy is the template system to change? Also how easy is it to change the language used on the website, such as just changing words around, etc.
    6. How are payments set-up, both for purchasing credits (is it automatic) and paying a user?
    7. Are there any upgrade options other than becoming a premium member, such as featured advertisements, bolded titles, different coloured listing background on the listing page, etc.
    8. Do you have all the original graphics from the website and the .PSD files for editing?

I would've sent these in a private message however I do believe that the answers would be useful to anyone interested (myself obviously included) so thought it would be a good idea to post them in the thread.

Cheers mate!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    Stingerftw, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  4. hiteshischerry

hiteshischerry Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    41.7% - 5
    this site is not cost more than $50.

hiteshischerry, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  5. Bot Plus

Bot Plus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Why are you competing against eBay...

Bot Plus, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  6. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Stingerftw thanks for your questions! My responses are below and please let me know if you need any more information.

First and foremost let me clear up some confusion regarding the site. This is not a script, nor is it a pre-made script. It's all hand coded PHP, so it's no different than any other site in the sense that you have your index file, header, footer, etc.

Regarding some of the changes it will depend on your skill level. If you've never used PHP you might need to hire someone to complete some of the changes you are requesting.

1)
    It will depend on the settings. The logo? piece of cake - replace the logo.png file in the images directory. Changing the domain name would be more work. It's hard coded into a lot of the PHP files so those would need to be changed.

2)
    Again, this is not a script, it is a site. This was not built with any script, it was coded from scratch. You get full rights to the site, the domain name and everything else included with the site.

3)
    I did not code the site and I'm definitely not a PHP guy. I purchased the site from a friend but never put in the time to do anything with it. I unfortunately would not be of any help to you getting them completed. As for the features that are not complete, they do no affect the fuctionality of the site:

Its just a few of the backend admin functions. Everything with the site itself works fine.
    The few things that don't work (not completed)
    - Manage Accounts: You can search for accounts but can't do anything beyond that.
    - Award credits
    - Add Membership
    - Add Category: There is an add and delete category function they are just not working properly.

4)
    This is just the quality of the images that were uploaded. Probably taken with a phone camera or some other low quality device.

5)
    Changing the template itself would require changing the design (assuming I'm understanding you correctly). Changing any of the text/wording is another easy one. Open whichever page in a text editor, make the changes and re-upload.

6)
    yes, they are automatic. They are set up using a Paypal button, so it's all hands off.

7)
    Currently the only upgrade option is the membership.

8)
    Yes

quadxnet, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  7. xeod

xeod Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    http://www.boxselect.com/search.php?term='&category=26

xeod, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  8. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  9. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the answers, unfortunately I was hoping you wouldn't say it's all hardcoded, makes modifying the site more difficult than it has to be. Also to not have the ability to manage accounts within the ACP really sucks.. I wouldn't be able to deal with going through the database and manually doing simple tasks such as delete an account, ban, etc.

Good luck with the sale though!

Stingerftw, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  10. 900Worldwide

900Worldwide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    really nice site everything seems to work well, but my concern is how will shipping of products taken care and will all users info be protected is there something in place to secure there info

900Worldwide, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  11. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    When you create the listing you select the shipping method and shipping cost. Then just like ebay, the seller ships the product once the listing has been paid for.

As for securing the info of users the best thing to do would be to install an SSL certificate on the site.

quadxnet, Jul 24, 2013 IP