1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New WordPress eCommerce platform: will it survive?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mark Essinger, Jul 18, 2013.

What do you think about this start up? http://gosucommerce.com/blog For those who are too lazy to read: 1. They announce simplified one-click (e-goods+PayPal) and two-click checkot process. 2. Looks more user-friendly than WooCommerce.

[​IMG]
    3. They position their product as 'eCommerce solution even your gradma can set and use'.
    4. You can use ANY WP themes you want. They do not sell themes, they gonna sell a webstore engine compatible with any WP themes you like.
    The question is: does such a project have any future? What are your ideas about it?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    Mark Essinger, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. adenquiry

adenquiry Member

Best Answers:
    I think it will be highly successful. I have checked the demo page and it looks very easy to use.

I am planning to start an online store selling Indian perfumes and incense sticks. I will this a try.

Thanks for the link BTW. Their team looks very cook :)

adenquiry, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Thank you for the feedback. I`ll watch these guys and report about them in this thread.

Mark Essinger, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  4. mevora

mevora Member

Best Answers:
    problem I suffered with Woocommerce is that you have to update every thing manually. I am using a theme from Themeforest, So in either case, I have to update WooCommerce version, Plugins, Wordpress & finally the theme !
    So any solution that is simple to use would be awesome

mevora, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  5. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This solution will be automatically updating as I know. Plugin and themes, they gonna update them at once.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    Mark Essinger, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  6. genjinguyen

genjinguyen Member

Best Answers:
    is it friendly with google ?

genjinguyen, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  7. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With Google? What do you mean?

Mark Essinger, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  8. Tom Webb

Tom Webb Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it better than the Shopp Plugin?

Tom Webb, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  9. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its a plugin and should fall inline with Wordpress in terms of SEO friendliness. I would hope they would be including schema.org for product pages though.

I will reserve judgement until ive tried it , woo-commerce is hardly rocket science to use so if they believe its easier and still has the potential to have the volumes of add-ons and community support that woo-commerce does then it could be a hit.

Ive just requested an invite to see what the fuss is about :)

Rivmedia, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  10. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Absolutely, all necessary SEO tools are built-in and meet SEO/Google requirements, including the possibility to add/edit/manage meta tags and keywords for each single product and page. Furthermore, it is a WordPress solution, that's why you can setup any SEO plugins created by other developers according to your special preferences.

yaros, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  11. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suppose Yaros is an official representative of GOSU Commerce team? Ok. I believe all questions about project from now on should be adressed to him)

Mark Essinger, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  12. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I hope so. The main reason why we decided to develop a new WordPress webstore engine is to offer a solution that will be much better than those presented at the market now.

I have tried many shopping carts for WordPress and I must admit that all these plugins can be incredible difficult to setup, customize and run. Besides, as Mevora mentioned above, it happens often when your installed plug-in and theme do not compatible with your upgraded version, so there is always a chance to ruin your WP ecommerce website.

As for a Shopp plugin, in my opinion it needs much customization work and if you are not a coder Shopp can become nothing but a headache for you, like my friend told me one day - 'I quarantee the people who love Shopp are coders':) But so many people, so many characters of course.

yaros, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  13. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Thank you very much for participating in the GOSU project. Beta version is on its way and you will be among the first users who will try it and hope share your valuable opinion with us.

Honestly speaking, I like woo-commerce myself. However, I never liked the fact that Woo does not work with many themes and you are nearly forced to pay a lot to become a member of their site to access the themes. Besides, you always need to pay for different add-ons if you want to get most of your ecommerce website.

Gosu Commerce will avoid such drawbacks for users and will offer competitive advantages as well.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    yaros, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    Rivmedia likes this.
  14. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Yes, feel free to ask any questions and thank you for writing about us!:)

yaros, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  15. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yaros, Sounds great and i look forward to working with it for myself and clients after ive had a play with it :)

I certainly have some ideas for you for features or plugins that id love to see at launch too which should allow you to gain some coverage from certain niches.

Rivmedia, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  16. publishdaily

publishdaily Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can this plug in offer eyeglasses prescription form?

publishdaily, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  17. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Could you explain in further how it should look like? If you mean creating special forms, there is a custom field option. With its help you can create your own different fields and forms for your products.

yaros, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Great! After you try the product I will be more than happy to discuss your ideas and recommendations. Hope, you find some time for me.

yaros, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Rivmedia likes this.
  19. publishdaily

publishdaily Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pls visit http://www.cheapglasses123.com/fr0092-prescription-glasses, and try the steps of ordering prescription eyeglasses.

publishdaily, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks! I see now. The form is rather complicated but it will be possible to create such forms in GOSU dashboard. Custom field section will include 'Advanced options' area where you can design any compound forms for your products or services.

yaros, Jul 23, 2013 IP