1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of user Julien1 - scammer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by teooo, Jul 18, 2013.

Hello,

This is not a website offer but i would like to attract your attention.
    I had an Adsense account for more than 5 years. No problems before.
    I wanted to buy a website from user Julien1 which was generating about 20$ / day.
    It was an education site and because of the value , i requested live session with Team Viewer.
    He refused but instead he proposed to place my ad codes on the site for 24 hours.
    I accepted because this was the best way to verify the earnings.
    He did ... he had a CTR > 10% with more than 1$/click.
    I started to be alerted and asked about where the visitors are from ( He first stated that the visitors were from Search Engines). When i asked this , he said that he has a secret method on generating visitors to that site. I immediately asked him to remove my ads and at the end of the month , i will pay him the earnings i made from his site.
    One day after this discussion, my account was banned.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS KIND OF SCAMMERS. THEY OFFER SITES WHICH ARE SOLD FOR 2-5 TIMES THE MONTHLY REVENUE. YOU VERIFY THE EARNINGS AND YOU FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

site : One of his sites is toponlinedu.info .

Please beware ... I had about 2000$ withstanding balance which i don't know if i will receive it.

Account Disabled
    Your AdSense account for this login is currently disabled. We recommend checking your email inboxes for any messages we may have sent you regarding your account status. Sometimes our messages can be caught by email filters, so please be sure to check the Bulk/Spam folders of your email accounts as well.

If your account was disabled for violations of our program policies, please visit our Disabled Account FAQ or more information.

Return to Adsense home.

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think he/she may be using bot traffic for that. I know many scammers here try to fool with these tactics. If you are buying adsense earning website then atleast check 1 year earnings using teamviewer.

pupul, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definately.
    I wanted to see Adsense earnings live. He said : better put your earnings to see actual earnings with your account. I said ok ... Now my account is blocked. Can't blame Google but after being an advertiser for more than 5 years, they could eliminate those clicks & earnings and warn me (taking in consideration that the ad code was placed 24 hours and then the code was removed).

Anyways : People of DP , dont fall to this ! Scammers are creative. Beware. You could lose more than your Adsense account...

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  4. Sev7en

Sev7en Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a question here, could you create another adsense account? Or you are banned for a lifetime period?

Sev7en, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  5. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. I cannot create and i dont want to create.
    I appealed but they said the decision is final.
    Sucks to lose money for a scammer.
    Anyways beware of this user.

I have contacted moderators but they seem they don't give a sht if someone scams someone.
    I have been banned on DP for stupid reasons (in past) and they dont ban a scammer.
    They said they dont get involved in disputes between 2 persons.
    I dont have any dispute to be solved. I warned them about a user on the site who scammed me.
    They do nothing.
    I dont care.

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Every once in awhile we seem to get threads like this. One member is unhappy with another member and his name (the other member) gets defamed and his reputation is then tarnished. I don't particularly care for threads like this because there are always two sides to the story.

Sometimes the member who is being defamed will come on and defend him/herself, and lo and behold! We then find out that the OP was full of s**t.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2013 IP
    VukasinI and ryan_uk like this.
  7. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you watch the header in DP it sais : dont lie , dont cheat , dont steal ...
    Well this rules applies to some of the members.
    Again i dont care.
    I am pissed that after i provided proof for the moderators they say they dont care.

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  8. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you dig around , you will notice that what i say its true.

I never claimed HE STOLE any of my money.
    I just said what is his pattern and what happened to me because of his attempt to scam me.

Do you understand ? I dont care if he gets banned or whatever.
    I posted here just to let people know because he told me in a PM that he will switch the ad codes to someone else from DP.

If warning the community about a potential scammer is a problem , then i appologise . Please delete my thread .

Not a single well-doing remains unpunished!

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,

I remember this guy and his threads about his so-called educational sites. He seemed to be very unwilling to provide anything in the way of details, so I absolutely avoided. It seemed very fishy (he claimed to have special sources of traffic or something like that and couldn't provide any proof). It sounded like a big scam and I would have eaten my hat if it wasn't one. Sorry that you learnt the hard way regarding never, ever placing your Adsense or other ad network codes on someone else's website.

I get what SpoiltDiva means though as that sometimes happens, members want to drag someone into their loony world and make crazy posts full of untrue accusations.

Regarding the mods, they do care, but they are not the police. Moderating the forum is voluntary and the market is not a paid one. We should all take care and responsibility for ourselves, rather than expect to have a "Nanny life".

Anyway, I hope you recover and find other ways to monetize your sites. (Don't forget about Amazon and with its product API you can create some amazing stuff, if you know how to code - even Ads that are very similar to Adsense ones.)

ryan_uk, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  10. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your words.
    Adsense was just a small source of income for me ... I can leave without it. However Google could have contacted me and instructed me what to do. I had account in there for more than 5 years in which i received monthly payments in 70% of the years. I never had any problem related to invalid clicks or something like that. I had only a minor fix (had 1 post on a forum about a Youtube convertor... they notified me and i made the required changes). They could have told me : the earnings from this site are withheld and you should remove the code from there. Anyways , they choose their advertisers and i respect their decision.

Regarding the mods/admins : Noone needs a nanny but when there are some complaints , they should take some actions , right ? Not doing that is favorising the scammers/bad persons for our community. In header we have : "dont cheat"....lie....steal ... bla bla bla...
    I was banned before on DP for posting in other category , for too short replies (in marketplace) etc... But let the scammer , lier to live .

I took my time to report it just to prevent him do the same to other people on DP. I never asked any compensations or whatsoever . If caring for others is a problem , again mods please delete this thread.
    All my words were confirmed by an user with >3200 posts... this should raise some questions , right ?

Also julien1 tries the following : he tries to steal you some money (usually 2 months of earnings ) but he also damages your Adsense account which will be blocked with all your previous earnings in it . Some people rely and basicly live from Adsense and they need to know.

Thank you

teooo, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    The thing is, anyone can come along and claim anything. Never mind how much evidence is produced (remember it can be manufactured) the mods would still need to verify it. Imagine how much time that would take. They have enough to do moderating on such a large forum and not that many mods, really.

Imagine if they did as you want, there would be no one left on the forum as everyone would be getting each other banned.

I get it's frustrating for you, but I can see why the mods don't want to get involved in member disputes. So people would definitely abuse this and keep dragging mods into their crazy little world.

ryan_uk, Jul 18, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  12. teooo

teooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ryan,

I understand your point and i accept it.
    However i just wanted to let other people know what happened.
    I really don't care if he gets banned or not.

Cheers

teooo, Jul 19, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    And it's absolutely great you let others know, mate. :) I always encourage people to leave reviews about scammers.

ryan_uk, Jul 19, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  14. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    It is like Deja Vu... Every day someone get scammed by some other member and few days later BOOM, new thread posted about that... I'm getting tired of this DP..

BusinessMaker, Jul 19, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.