1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ah semantics, don't we writers ( and used to be writers like me) love to play with this? Masters of rhetoric and linguistics all of us. We can use our words to enlighten, inspire or to quarrel. So much power huh? At the end of the day it really comes down to our writers spirit.
    Well, let's not bicker over your poor usage of said semantics shall we?;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  2. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    a brainstorming 'session' with friend might help. they'll know how to cheer you up and there migh light up some great ideas. )

SeoBoom, Jul 17, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I very much like this tip. Yes for me interacting with a fellow writer ( I do consider myself a writer though I'm not active) is like taking a bath in steel. It recharges my creative batteries and I am left feeling invigorated. We are all apart of a massive star, and shine so much brighter when we are together.

(Please forgive the theatrical language......I've been dusting off the bottles in my wine collection again. ha*ha!):cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  4. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:

:) this is so right. Once I was given a task: to write down a concept with a event we were about to organize with our company. I was that tired that there was no way in hell I would manage it till the dead line. But that evening I stuck up with 2 of my friends and at the end of the day we came with 3 different concepts - and they all were approved. :)

SeoBoom, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  5. AstonCopy

AstonCopy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to have a problem with getting blocked. It went away after I gave myself permission to write crap sometimes. I'm not always brilliant or even very smart. Neither is anyone else. Giving yourself permission to suck sometimes opens your mind up to writing even when you're not feeling very bright. Diminished expectations are the key to writing well for me. :)

AstonCopy, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well thank you for that, it was at the very least honest. But...don't expect your inbox to be flooded with new clients. Your post while honest, was hardly a ringing endorsement of your writing talents.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  7. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I just write to (at least) get the ideas out. I later resume writing as if I'm completing a jigsaw puzzle.

At the end of the day, though, it really boils down to one's preferences. Take time out, write crap, listen to music, whatever works for that person.

Dave Zan, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    At the end of the day, this is really what it all boils down to.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  9. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you know what also helps me? getting up in the damn morning about 5-6 AM, walking to non-stop bar, drinking a cup of hopelessly black coffee, and starting to put down some notes. after some minutes - it starts flowing words, phrases and talent from me :)

SeoBoom, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @SeoBoom, natural creative talent and caffeine. That is a tried and true combination which does indeed work if you are a writer. I believe that most writers have a history with endless cups of coffee and late nights.
    I jumpstart my mind with caffeine every morning. It simply won't turn on without coffee. I do believe that I may be addicted to the stuff.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  11. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or we can try Hemigway's style - booze, guns, comrades, girls and a typewriter :D however, I'm sure I won't go with Hunter S. Thompson's technique - too damn expensive :)

SeoBoom, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    alexandrubitca and Spoiltdiva like this.
  12. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome mate! :D

alexandrubitca, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  13. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah when i get stuck writing, i bury my face into my grumpy cat or exuberant dog's fur and remain there until i feel slightly better LOL. To each his own.

ReferralCandy, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  14. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:

That hits the nail on the head!!! Quality is all that matters. Not just in writing but in everything else in the world. The importance is so high that even google has started looking only for Quality content.

You can't survive in such a competitive world without offering quality. And to produce quality one needs to concentrate and give 100%. Especially in writing, i feel one must do all that matters to help deliver top quality articles. One must proofread, edit, review the work before final delivery. If one feels lost, he/she should take some time off, do something they love and take time to get back writing!

The amount of time it takes for a 'writer' to get his/her interest back in writing corresponds to the 'love' the writer has on the profession, IMHO. As a writer, if you take a long time to get back, writing is not something for you!!!

TPvinod, Jul 27, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @ReferrralCandy
    Ah yes our loveable furry, four legged friends. I believe they can motivate us in many ways, as well as getting us in the mood to write.:)
    @TPvinod,
    Good post, thanks for that. I agree with your thoughts on quality, well put.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  16. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    to write is not easy. it takes the right mindset, passion, and time. usually those who are good with numbers is not able to write, and vice versa.

lukeit, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this. Mathematically adept persons have linear minds and are as a rule not creative. Creative types such as writers, usually find crunching numbers somewhat boring and lifeless. "Vive la difference" as the French say non?

Spoiltdiva, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  18. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:

Interesting fact! I really haven't thought or related Math to Creativity. May be, you're right !!! :)

TPvinod, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  19. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing to some guys is a matter of passion.
    So its like they enjoy every bit of their job.

mian.owais211, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  20. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only those with passion and love for writing can sustain in the long run in content writing! I feel this applies in every profession :)

TPvinod, Jul 30, 2013 IP