1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why online affiliate marketing industry is not regulated?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tahir_1990, Jul 15, 2013.

Can someone experienced here can tell me why is the online affiliate marketing industry isn,t regulated? What will be the hope of the advertisers or publishers i they do,t their hard earned money from the affiliate program?Who exactly is controlling the affiliate programs online so they won,t break any rules?
    Even the big names like click bank etc isn,t regulated.
    Thanks
    Tahir

tahir_1990, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  2. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right! I understand your feeling! However, if you are going to become an affiliate to ClickBank then you should read their terms first, if they are not doing according to their terms then you should have proper evidence so that you can drag them to the court..This is only way I see now.

SERPpoint, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  3. tahir_1990

tahir_1990 Member

Best Answers:
    But still an affiliate or publisher who is sitting thousands of miles away don,t have the power to drag them into their local courts.But if they are regulated somewhere then it,s a way easy to report their regulatory bodies and let them deal.

tahir_1990, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  4. MoneyPuppet

MoneyPuppet Member

Best Answers:
    Well there's a business idea: an organization that regulates affiliate program companies! If you're afraid of a company ripping you off, either do your research in order to find a company that is less likely to do so or find another way to make money. I've stayed away from many possible money making avenues because I was afraid of getting ripped off (not just in affiliate marketing). It's your responsibility to understand the risks. You should be fine if you get in with a reputable network.

MoneyPuppet, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  5. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:

I agree. Only deal with companies you trust. Otherwise, why bother if you think you're going to get ripped off?

Alyssa Lochmore, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  6. bitcoinrob

bitcoinrob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does the world really need more regulation?

I understand your point, but typically companies who operate unethically sink quickly. Especially considering how fast news can spread online. You have to think of the other side if the coin. If the affiliate industry was regulated, there would need to be laws enacted, or a large enough regulatory body to be formed that would have enough influence to sway membership.

Something like this would cost money.

The money has to come from some where.

Whoever is regulating the businesses would not foot the bill. They would charge companies membership dues, which would become an another expense for the companies.

And they would pass it on to the marketers with lower commissions and incentives.

I think the BBB and similar organizations are great, but do they have much influence over whether you decide to do business with a company online?

How many WordPress developers and the like are accredited by the BBB? While there may be a few, the vast majority are not.

In the end, affiliate marketing (like most online ventures) requires due diligence, but every business venture has its risks. Deal with companies who have carved out a reputation in your niche. They shouldn't be too hard to find, and most are the ones who pay the best.

Just my two cents.

bitcoinrob, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  7. tahir_1990

tahir_1990 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for your valuable comments)From my research so far it looks like the online affiliate industry runs only the reputation and credibility basis.I am concerned with the regulations because i am also a forex and futures trader and we(traders) never invest with a company who is not regulated because we feel insecure .Still i think online affiliate companies should adopt from regulation standards or fund insurance etc so the affiliates/publishers will get their hard money back in case of bankruptcy or fraud.

tahir_1990, Jul 16, 2013 IP