1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ScriptGeni.com is a big scam

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by vuxuanhung, Jul 11, 2013.

Hello every one,
    Several months ago, I wanted to build a auto-content site and I found scriptgeni.com. I fount a script for car's website, it is written in PHP and based on Ebay API. I bought the script with the promise of an full support for the successull instalation.
    The script has a bug on the production detail page. I mailed to them serveral times and even told them what causes the issue, but they did nothing to help me fix the bug.
    Recently, I discover they increase the price to double!
    Everyone should be alert to them!
    Regards.

vuxuanhung, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. BradsFX

BradsFX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I see, I Google'd "EBay Motors Script", I got a link to here, it's a post on DP, I think it's the owner of ScriptGeni.com, due to the fact he is selling the script for $150 here, but on the website, it's $250, and the fact he has the same avatar, my advice for you would be probably stay away, if your trying to receive a refund, hopefully you paid via Paypal, if you did just send them a call or email.

BradsFX, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  3. vuxuanhung

vuxuanhung Member

Best Answers:
    the script has bugs in the item's page. Disposing this script is wasteful. I try to get the remote content from Ebay search page via item's title.

vuxuanhung, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  4. vuxuanhung

vuxuanhung Member

Best Answers:
    I have found the solution http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML&appid=your-ebay-developer-API&siteid=0&version=515&ItemID=the_item_ID

that's simple :D just replace your developer API and the item ID, you will get the data of a single item via its ID.
    Then use function file_get_contents() or some php functions like this to get the XML content of this URL.
    Convert xml to php array and you have a lot of job to do :D.
    Search on Google xml2array() function.

FROM NOW ON, I NEVER WASTE MONEY AND TIME TO BUY THE SHIT.

vuxuanhung, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  5. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Experience is the best guru..
    but, how do we know this one or that one is a shit before trying ?
    :)

bluebenz, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  6. vidal

vidal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got many happy customers, so I don't know what you are talking about my friend. I always give good support and the script works perfectly! http://www.cargeni.com
    Why are you saying scam if it's just a matter of entering your API key.
    Post solved!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    vidal, Feb 4, 2016 IP