1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I can't support immigration reform

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by r3dt@rget, Jul 4, 2013.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, that article mentions they found 4 illegal registered voters.

I am not sure where the guy who mentions 15-20% got his info, but it is not supported by the facts in the article. Not at all impressed by a citation for your claim of 10-15% from an article that talks about finding a grand total of 4 people.

browntwn, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  2. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to imply that they did an extensive search and found only four people. Please take another look, they quickly found four people and based on that sampling and the corrupt process estimated that many more illegals are registered to vote. I live in Boston and I can tell you it's true. Re-read the article and see the reactions of the politicians.

"I believe 15 to 20 percent of the voters in Lawrence are non-citizen registered voters," Hayes said. "The voter list is definitely corrupt...it needs one major, full investigation."

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    Corwin, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  3. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Who is Wayne Hayes? He seems like he pulled those numbers out of his ass. I did not see it mentioned that he hold some political office or anything.

browntwn, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I don´t know who he is but it seems he has a lot in common with Corwin. ;):)

gworld, Jul 14, 2013 IP
    Bushranger and Spoiltdiva like this.
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read the article?

Corwin, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  6. browntwn

Best Answers:

Yeah, they mentioned finding a total of 4 illegals who were on the list of registered voters. Can you explain how you extrapolate that to the numbers you are tossing around of 10-15% of the Boston voters. Sounds like some made up bullshit that is not at all supported by the numbers they have cited.

There are some 390,000 registered voters in Boston. You tossed out the number of 10-15%. So that would mean 39,000+ voters are illegal. Yet the only fact you cited was an investigation that found a total of 4. So where are the other 38,996 you claim are illegally registered? There is no logic to this type of bullshit. I am as against illegal voting as anyone, but I think using bullshit made up numbers is not at all helpful and in fact makes the people pushing them with no facts look like idiots.

So, based on the article I would totally support a cross check of registered voters against known illegals. But that sounds like it gets us 4 people off the list - which is worth doing. At least as far as Lawrence is concerned. I would assume there is another handful could be cut from Boston's list. Great, lets do it. It says nothing however about drivers licenses. In fact, there is nothing in the article that suggests the 4 they did find even had drivers licenses. It just states that they were illegal and registered to vote. While it is a crime to even register - and one I think that should be enforced. The irony of this whole thing is that:

You post with so little respect for facts and truth I find no value in your posts. I will ask again, since he was the source in the article for the information.

Who is Wayne Hayes? He seems like he pulled those numbers out of his ass. He was only talking about Lawrence you were the only source for saying those numbers are true for all of Boston. Yours seemed equally pulled out of nowhere with not a single fact mentioned in support of your claim. No surprise really, but don't expect anyone with a brain to believe your bs.
    Can you tell us how this has any bearing on the facts? I lived in Boston too. LOL, that you think mentioning you live there adds any validity to the claims you make. I assure you it does not.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    browntwn, Jul 14, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk, Bushranger and Spoiltdiva like this.
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

He is a scientist who is a car salesman while being a captain of industry and answering the phones at suicide hotline at the same time. On top of all this he lives in Boston, what else do you need for God´s sake? :rolleyes::)

gworld, Jul 14, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you are making a blatantly dishonest statement. They did not search the entire list of registered voters and found only four. Read it again.

Corwin, Jul 16, 2013 IP