1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google, Panda, Penguin & The Ever Changing State Of There Algorithms

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Adam.jack, Jul 3, 2013.

Ok, so i'm new here. But an experienced Forum go'er - So i know how these places tick, what they offer, what to avoid and who to avoid..
    *I hope iv'e also posted in the right place?*

Firstly I want to elaborate on a Conference i have recently been too that basically threw out everything we SEO guys have been doing for years in Google's most recent update.

I should imagine that many of you would have been effected because essentially forums are basically informative marketplaces that tend to push SEO and other alike services across to our potential customers - Many of these services are now rendered useless by the way - I'm sure many of you have noticed a drop in SERP rankings, even many of the top leading SEO professionals websites noticed huge drops in traffic because of yet another algorithm change to Google that was rolled our into play recently.

In this update, there were numerous types of websites that were targeted. Google refferr to them as 'Cheap Affiliates' - As i'm sure you have already guessed the type of websites they were targeting were 'junk' sites, affiliate sites and information websites.

Google are progressively trying to make the users experience more direct, fluid and to propose a set of search results that are actively interesting and relevant to the search term/phrase in question - that way the user preference is going to be Google - If you ask, your get, and if you get - your keep asking, right?

However. In Google's newest roll out update they have introduced added factors that will help ensure the 'rubbish' stay's out of Google. Right now, a huge factor like many of the other biggys - User experience. Besides making your website informative and key word/phrase rich, linking to other pages on your website that compliment your existing page is BIG. If you are providing your users with information/services they are after they will spend longer on your website.

The longer users spends on your site, the higher Google will rank you. Of course there are many other factors that should be included in this thread but running a business limits my time. BUT this is on major factor that many MANY people are missing out on, and it's something that can be improved fairly easily.

I would be delighted if some of the renowned experts in and around the SEO fields can pick up and elaborate on this subject for Webmasters who's rankings have been severely impeded by Penguin, knowledge is power. :) (By the way, the title spelling was on auto :))

Solved! View solution.
    Adam.jack, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    danasurvey and Jim4767 like this.
  2. I'm a Forum Poster!

I'm a Forum Poster! Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I see is content creation would remain for long time in future, we should focus on content creation mainly, only quality content I'm talking about.. and this can become very important factor of ranking.

I'm a Forum Poster!, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    alex06295 likes this.
  3. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately gone are the days that 'Content is King' Anyone can rake up content. Good quality content that links to good quality content that is relevant is a good foundation.

Adam.jack, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  4. dariobl

dariobl Peon

Best Answers:
    There will always be change. you just have to adapt.

dariobl, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. E01

E01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is updated penguin update? What is main difference between panda and penguin update?

E01, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Recently, Google Spam team leader Matt Cutts says that optimize your site for users, not for search engine.

Make your site so informative that people visit it again and again.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and danasurvey like this.
  7. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Post Google Penguin and Panda algorithm updates, it shows that for Google for its all about Content, Usability, Relevancy, Mobile & Tablet friendly websites, Link earning and not link building etc.

rankwatch.com, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  8. E01

E01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How we can differenciate penguin2.0 and old penguin update?

E01, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  9. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One has to remember that Google is not the only source of traffic. Content is still important and there are many other ways to get traffic, such as social media marketing and creating well placed back links.

danasurvey, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and eric_wahlberg like this.
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

This is certainly true. For example, I get almost 400 visitors a month from Squidoo. While that's still a very small portion of total traffic, nevertheless it's 400 visitors I would not be getting if I hadn't taken the time to create a Squidoo lens. Multiply that times many other potential referral sources (for example, Facebook, Google Plus, Yahoo Answers, reddit, etc.), and before long you've built up some pretty good referral traffic that doesn't depend on the search engines.

Jim4767, Jul 13, 2013 IP
    danasurvey and ryan_uk like this.
  11. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site is up/down, side/side, ect. Google seems to be unsure about my site. I added new content and this should help for a while.

To adapt, you have to have your sites updated fairly regularly from my experience.

drewtoby, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  12. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to these two updates:
    Panda and
    Penguin

Panda is for those sites which are using less quality, spam or duplicate content while
    Penguin is for spam, automated link building.

So we have to produce quality work for better result I would say!

alex06295, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  13. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great example Jim. :)

It amazes me how people are so focused on just Google and don't look to other search engines, sites. etc. for sources of traffic.

danasurvey, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  14. emily

emily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It's interesting how are they going to measure it.. Not every website is using Google Analytics..

emily, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  15. Jennifer Hamilton

Jennifer Hamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe that Google is the best for search engine I have a web site on the first page of Yahoo and it is
    almost invisible. I would like to know how do you get traffic from other ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Jennifer Hamilton, Jul 14, 2013 IP
    Hi Adam, great post! i purchased your Web Host WHMCS Design, And i'm a regular user of your SEO services, fantastic service and I absolutely love the design! Thumbs up bud.

Adam.jack, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  17. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello BBW. Thank's very much. It's worth noting that Google look at the general engagement to it's visitors on any given website. Providing more reasons for your users/customers to come back, and generally spend more time on your website is massive. If you need any design/development changes just let me know. Also your shop http://www.bbwebsite.com - Very basic shop, selling good quality Turnkey Websites, i do think could benefit from a revamp! I'm cost effective as you very well know :)

Also thanks for the kind comments!

Adam.jack, Aug 30, 2013 IP