1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to prevent overload cpu on shared hosting with single cpu?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by nazy.exe, Jul 13, 2013.

Yesterday me, buy local shared hosting in my country.
    I'm sure the speed of access of shared hosting, it is believed.
    but the specifications, single cpu: dual core.
    it crashes so often make "internal server error".
    is there a solution?

thanks a lot ;)

nazy.exe, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  2. stelthius

stelthius Member

Best Answers:
    but the specifications, single cpu: dual core. this "dual core" is irrelevant to you if you only have access to 1 (ONE) core. What ram does it have access to ? what are the error logs showing for apache etc.. (If you are using apache which i assume you maybe)

We need more information to go on before making guesses at a solution but at first glance it sounds like you need to move on i'm not sure any popular hosts running shared hosting use dual core CPU's any more, i think it's somewhat standard to use at least an 8 (EIGHT) cores cpu if not 2 x 8 core cpu's.

Regards.

stelthius, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  3. robbydeletter

robbydeletter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's right, also what are you running on this server?

robbydeletter, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  4. nazy.exe

nazy.exe Member

Best Answers:
    such a possibility, not all shared hosting always have a good performance. I look at the specifications of shared hosting is very low. And possibly, too many users on shared hosting. it makes overload.

I'm not weird to use php script or the like. I just run the wordpress cms.

Perhaps it is time to migrate to the other shared hosting. For convenience and security on my website. thank you very much for the solution :)

nazy.exe, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  5. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting crashes the most likely issue is either a configuration issue with your server, or overloading as others have said. It also could be a configuration issue with your scripts or htaccess etc, you should investigate that before considering if it's an issue with your host.

compevo, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  6. stelthius

stelthius Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, it could even be down to the "Hosters" kernel version. run this uname -r if you have some ssh access if not simply ask the host about their running version

stelthius, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  7. infinitnet

infinitnet Member

Best Answers:
    "internal server error" most likely indicates that PHP is out of memory, which means your website/application uses too much RAM. You should get a larger hosting plan or ask your provider if the could increase the memory limits for PHP. Of course it could be anything else with the webserver/PHP or your application itself, so it will be best to contact your provider about it or get help from another company/person who can look into this. You should also check out the Apache error logs, in case you have access to them. They should tell you what causes the error.

infinitnet, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  8. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Usually, internal server error message occurs due to the high mySQL database usage. Check the mySQL data queries limit with your host.

dumindushalika, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  9. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    The others have all given some good possibilities about the issue. I second that a look at the logs is the first place to start.

compevo, Jul 15, 2013 IP