1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Popular forums loyal to links placement

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Iscander, Jul 9, 2013.

There was many threads on DP asking about the most popular forums. I'm interested in only highly visited forums with moderators who don't so rigidly remove links in answers. It doesn't mean that you can spam in it but there is no risk that any answer - no matter how it's useful but if it contains link - will be removed. Recently I've registered on http://www.v7n.com/forums/ and my answer with topic related link was simple deleted. I wrote really detailed recommendations - but any link for moderators of this forum is like a red rag to a bull. That's why I don't want to repeat this scenario - I don't want to eventually find out that the forum where I wrote so much is a concentration camp. So I need forums similar to DP by popularity and the rigidity of the moderators.

Iscander, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The more popular a forum is the more "rigid" their mods are. It always starts with some leeway and slack but then there comes a time when a more rigorous moderation kicks in. It's just the nature of this business.

I've found a list of forums you can refer to, but you will have to find out on your own which ones are more or less flexible:

http://www.prelovac.com/vladimir/best-webmaster-forums

Thanks!

qwikad.com, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    SEO Link Manager likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's "indirectly" the nature of the business. But the real reason is because the bigger a forum is, the more it's targeted by spammers.

If spammers would stay out, strict rules/moderation wouldn't be necessary.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I totally get it. It's like a constant battle. I have to deal with spam of my own on our classifieds. But I think the person's question to whoever runs that forum is legit: "Why was my post deleted? I am not a spammer."

I think sometimes (and I am not saying it happens here, but I've been around the block a couple times) the mods go overboard with their responsibilities and show no discernment.

Surely, scumbags should not be allowed to post anywhere, but if a person brings some value to a forum, meanwhile, promoting his stuff here and there - why treat him like he is a total loser?

qwikad.com, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. Iscander

Iscander Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! On many forums moderators lost the line between spam and related links that bring some benefit to the community. For example qwikad threw in his reply the necessary link with the list of forums. - Of course it's not spam - man just decided to help others by what he knows. But on another forum moderator will decide what it is a spam link. And all the answer will be deleted.

Iscander, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We just following our moderator rules. If you join forums just to drop your link then eventually you will not be there much longer. If you have any issue, create a thread in our support section if you want a real answer.

snakeair, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  7. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I bet he never expected to see V7n mods here LOL

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  8. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been a member here for a long time. I lurk at other forums you know.

snakeair, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  9. Iscander

Iscander Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys.. relax. Did I mention somewhere in this thread that I need moderator of v7n.com/forum ? Or did I say that I'm going to analyze the behavior of moderators? It's easy for me to find normal forums without crazy moderation, that's all. By the way DP has always been right forum in this regard - there is not so much spam and at the same time answers aren't deleted only because of presence of link in them.

Iscander, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  10. innovativewebs

innovativewebs Member

Best Answers:
    I think warrior is also good. The mods there are the members but depends on the topic threads.

innovativewebs, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  11. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I visit this forum a few days a week so sue me if I am not allowed to visit other forums and post my opinion.

PM me if you want my address. :p

snakeair, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  12. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you're new to a forum and you're putting links in your posts, then you're a spammer. No point in even bothering trying to do that on well moderated forums. Maybe unmoderated forums, but you have to ask yourself what's the point really? You're not going to get any SEO benefit from forum links. Maybe on forums with antiquated software and that are unmoderated, you might get a do follow link, but most good modern forum software nofollows all links posted by members now anyway.

If you're looking to get traffic to your site which is related to the topic of the forum, then stuffing links into your first posts isn't a good way to accomplish your goal either. You're just going to annoy the members, and alienate your potential audience. I encourage my real members to put links to their related sites in their signatures on my forums. Many forums allow signature links, whether or not they're related to the topic of the forum. Digital Point, for example, you can have links in your signature. They're nofollow links, but if you find a relevant topic here, you might get relevant visits to your site.

petertdavis, Jul 18, 2013 IP