1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will DMOZ accept Quotes site in the Listing ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seo.suresh, Jul 11, 2013.

Hi, My Motivational Quote site TheQuotes.Net have PR 3. I submitted many times in DMOZ. But still i didn't found my site in the listing. Pls give me suggestions how to add in DMOZ.

seo.suresh, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you already submitted your site (and you followed the guidelines), that's pretty much all you can do.

It can take a pretty long time till someone reviews your site, so just forget about it and move on. In a year or two, you can check.

GMF, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  3. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

same here,.. already submit also, but until know there's nothing we can do... :D

robyries, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  4. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You now face the risk of being banned as a spammer :( You are clearly told to submit ONCE and once only yet you decided to submit many times.

Not the smartest of moves.......you cant do anything else, you have suggested the site and anything you do will be detrimental to your cause. Move on and promote the site elsewhere because reviews can take anything from a day to many years.

snooks, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dumb move!
    Stop submitting/spamming would be a good place to start!

Agent000, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  6. bouser

bouser Active Member

Best Answers:
    In fairness to the seo.suresh what if he submitted his site in the early stages when it was lacking content and had little traffic etc, then assumed DMOZ rejected the site and he submitted it again when the site had a lot more quality content and relevance? Is this still seen as spam? Its a genuine reason to re-submit surely, unless of course DMOZ keeps your site details on record and keeps rechecking.

bouser, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  7. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Theres a difference between sugesting the site and then re-suggesting later when its been completed and improved.

The Op said he had sugested it MANY times, yet when he did so, he clearly had to read and accept the guidelines which state that it should be suggested only once. He chose to ignore the guidelines, make numerous submissions and further increase the workload for volunteer Editors.

If it was lacking content it shouldnt have been submitted.

What do you do when people spam your site?

snooks, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  8. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I treat them with contempt.

Agent000, Jul 13, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. bouser

bouser Active Member

Best Answers:

If he submitted many times within a short time frame, then fair enough - that should be classed as spam and dealt with accordingly. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt as he didn't specify exactly how many times nor when but hey, ho.

bouser, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  10. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know either......but i do know that normally, whatever number people say, multiply x 2 and add on some more (lol)

snooks, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If that happens, he can always buy a free listing from a freelance site for $50 or buy some "real human traffic" from a webmaster so he can get listed. ;):)

gworld, Aug 6, 2013 IP