1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone suggest good content writing (text, video, infograph) freelance portal?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mohit goel, Jul 11, 2013.

i am having video editing, infographic creation kind of work and want to outsource it. please suggest any freelancer or freelance portal where i could post the job. Thanks

mohit goel, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not quite sure what your asking so I will ask a few questions to see if it can be pinned down.

Do you have a script and are looking for someone to make the video?
    Do you have a video and want just simple editing?
    Not sure what infographic is to you could you explain it a bit?

Some sources I have used in the past are Elance and Fiverr. Fiverr has people who will critique your work and make suggestions and/or correct them. You can also see some of their past work which is great!

Hope this helps figure out your dilemma if not pinpoint down a bit what questions you need to ask.

sircurtis, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  3. mohit goel

mohit goel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for reply Sircurtis
    i lead to a professional internet marketing company and we are having bulk work for video marketing and infographics.
    i am looking someone who could create video (that means i have client's concept, first he has to design flash than he has to convert it in video format). i dont require long video, 1- 2 mins video will be enough for me.
    as far as info graph is concern, this is advance form of content marketing in which freelancer is supposed to design graphical representation of data.

mohit goel, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  4. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    Yes go to Fiverr.com and in the search type in infograph . There is a whole page of people that will do this for $5. Check their ratings and jobs that have been done to find a suitable match to what you require. If you go the freelancer route than it can get really expensive and who knows about the quality.

People are really talented on Fiverr and I have had great success in the past. Every 'gig' is hand picked by Fiverr which I believe sets them apart from other services.

Best of luck ^^ Hope this helps and saves you a few dollars.
    Your more than welcome, Mohit Goel. I try my best to help people.

sircurtis, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  5. mjoyd

mjoyd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, this information might come in handy for you:
    www(dot)staff(dot)com/blog/the-future-of-crowdsourcing-and-online-work/
    Lots of pretty good choices there depending on your needs.
    Hope that helps.

mjoyd, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  6. ImagineThat

ImagineThat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have provided services through several portals including Guru.com, Elance.com, iFreelance.com, and Fiverr.com. I have also hired other freelancers through ODesk and Elance.com.

If you need copywriting, editing or design services that require knowledge of marketing or PR strategy, or design best practices, or a higher degree of professionalism in general, I would go with Elance.com.

If you simply need someone with technical abilities and software knowledge, you can often find that on ODesk or Fiverr. On these services, you can hire a freelancer for very little, but you will have to tell them exactly what to do, and they will do only what you tell them. You will have to supply the creativity and strategy. I often use these services for transcription or to reformat documents or do very specific photo retouching (for example), or to do repetitive, no-creativity clerical tasks.

In general, a "writer" on Fiverr.com is someone who knows how to use Microsoft Word. A "writer" on Elance is more likely to be someone who has a marketing degree and knows enough about sales psychology and direct marketing to write an effective Dan Kennedy-style direct response mail package or a high-converting landing page (those are the kinds of services I offer.)

@sircurtis, gigs are not "hand picked" on Fiverr.com. Each posted gig is reviewed to make sure it meets the site's Terms of Service (no copyright infringement, etc.), but there absolutely no review or testing of individual gigs to make sure they meet any kind of quality standards. There are "staff picks" that the staff thinks are cool, but I don't believe they actually buy the gigs and review them. The great thing about Fiverr.com is that you only risk $5 a gig. However, you may have to try out 10 or 15 vendors to find the one who delivers quality work on time.

ImagineThat, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  7. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what your definition of handpicked is. To most dictionaries it is 1. To gather or pick by hand. 2. To select personally.

Fiverr is one of the only website where real people monitor all their postings from a personal standpoint which sets them apart from other websites. Other websites 'go live' instantly after you post or accept tos.
    (not sure why you singled me out 'Imagine That')

sircurtis, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  8. ImagineThat

ImagineThat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I "singled you out" because I was replying to your statement "Every 'gig' is hand picked by Fiverr which I believe sets them apart from other services." That's just not true. Most of the TOS review process on Fiverr is automated. They check your gig description for naughty words, etc. and if it's flagged you can contact support for a review.

The Fiverr TOS describes a process to recognize top sellers:

Fiverr.com management does not manually review individual gigs for quality or appropriateness for a particular purpose. On Fiverr, like on each of the sites I mentioned, buyers can leave reviews for gigs but management doesn't review each gig that is posted.

ImagineThat, Jul 18, 2013 IP
    oo87 likes this.
  9. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    Just a reminder...

This post was about helping Mohit Goel with his problem. I wrote what I wrote not to be critiqued but to help a fellow out. If you have suggestions it should pertain to that not others posts.

Really bad form.... Please add to the conversation not try to tear apart others. There are things you got totally wrong in your posts and I didn't tag you. Please respect others as this is a forum not a competition or a way to step on others. You may have more experience than me or you may not. This should always be in your mind before posting. Maybe you might want to take a peek at the rules again also... Please stick to topics :)

10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is a public forum, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Don't expect everyone to always see things the way you do. I believe that you (sircurtis) are a bit of a wimp.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2013 IP
    oo87, ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  11. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    wow I can't believe it

12. AstonCopy

AstonCopy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to get work on oDesk. I've bought work on Fiverr. You get the best deal when you hire talented people who don't have any experience. I tried to stay away from people who were more interested in selling me their job than buying my services, if you know what I mean.

AstonCopy, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  13. sackboy127

sackboy127 Member

Best Answers:
    I've had great luck with Onlinejobs.ph, there are some really talented people on there, you just have to find them. I good interview process can also help.

sackboy127, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  14. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You could always try the content creation area here at DP, though Fiverr is a good choice for the infographics. Maybe not for the video, though. That might be more intensive work and paying someone for a $5 rush job isn't going to yield the greatest of results.

Sometimes it is better just putting in the effort to search out a group of freelancers manually from various sites until you find the ones you want. Then build a relationship for long term work with those freelancers, so you can continually offer them work. It is good for them, and good for you.

Try putting up a couple of ads here for each category you need. Then check out Fiverr and see if anyone catches your eye. Maybe put an ad up in Craigslist, where you can actually find good people now and again. I know a lot of bid sites like oDesk have been recommended, but honestly I have never found those to be too helpful. That is just my personal opinion, though.

oo87, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  15. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Honestly, I wasn't going to say anything to this but I can't help it after reading through this particular post.

You were wrong about something, it was pointed out to the direct benefit of the original poster who was here asking for assistance. And that is bad form how, exactly? What is "bad form" is insisting that people on a forum have no right to point out errors that could potentially affect a professional decision made by another member.

Also, there is no rule or etiquette that says only a direct response to the original post is allowed. What planet are you from? Your response ImagineThat was rude, hostile and unnecessary.

oo87, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  16. Articles Arthors

Articles Arthors Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best sites are fiverr, seoclerks and to an extent oDesk. Personally I almost always use fiverr but the other two sites I have mentioned are both perfectly fine to use and always provide me with lots of work! :)

Articles Arthors, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  17. Tom Webb

Tom Webb Peon

Best Answers:
    I used highqualitywriting.com once and like the service.

Tom Webb, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  18. writersforhire

writersforhire Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, Fiverr is quite good and you may be able to find someone there.
    Elance- Freelancer- and Odesk:)

writersforhire, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  19. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:

Just wanted to let you know that jobs on Elance don't go live instantly. They take about 20 minutes to review before making the post 'live' and letting freelancers bid.

TPvinod, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  20. tvre1ease

tvre1ease Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ezine articles?

tvre1ease, Jul 28, 2013 IP