1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a feedback for my website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by sflorin, Jul 5, 2013.

Hello,

I need your feedback about how useful you think it is my website.
    It is a technical support website.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    sflorin, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would be a little difficult to say at present juncture as no website has been mentioned?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  3. Solong

Solong Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome site!

Solong, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  4. sflorin

sflorin Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry...I'm new here, I do not want to be considered spam...site is helpdeskit [dot] org

sflorin, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  5. insight.tech

insight.tech Member

Best Answers:
    Good website for Tech. Support purpose, but home page can design with more content and tools (all tickets on home page is not good). Template Theme and other web components looking website relevant.

insight.tech, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  6. prinznikko26

prinznikko26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First impression, the site seems not reliable for help. The design needs some improvement, organization and the logo need redesigning. That's my opinion as a web designer and a normal user.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    prinznikko26, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm even looking at. Just what is this site FOR and/or how does it even work!?! It is completely unclear what it is, how to use it, or why it even exists. First thing is just a bunch of people's names and their questions.... is this for posting questions, answering questions? I don't get it.

Design-wise it's nice to see fluid, but some tweaking of the breakpoints and better use of responsive layout would help a good deal. The gray on gray text in the sidebar is below accessibility minimums making it effectively invisible, and the inconsistent use of font sizes, margins and paddings makes the layout feel 'slapped together any old way'.

Under the hood it's the typical train wreck of "semantics, what's that" I've come to expect the moment I see that idiotic HTML 5 crap. (can you tell I'm a fan?). DIV doing list's job, DIV inside anchors (which despite HTML5's claims of removing inline and block-level distinction, STILL doesn't work right in all browsers including allegedly 5 compliant ones), DIV for nothing, no graceful degradation, content images in the CSS and presentational images in the markup, inaccessible / incomplete forms, javascript doing CSS' job, clearing DIV like it's still 2001, absolute URL's for no good reason, classes for nothing, scripting for nothing, fat bloated libraries that don't even look like they are being used for anything meaningful... even the stupid X-UA nonsense and conditional comment crap on a layout so simple there should be NO legitimate reason to need either. (though honestly I've never seen a site that NEEDED either of those if the author would just learn a little more HTML and CSS, and watch some old Marx Brothers flix)

It's just another laundry list of how not to code a website... as evidenced by the 24k of markup to deliver 1.4k of plaintext and zero content images... anywhere from three to five times as much code as should have been necessary.

deathshadow, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  8. nebr

nebr Active Member

Best Answers:
    It Seem that will nice site you just need to care about design :)

nebr, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to check your website, but it's broken right now:

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http://freegeoip.net/xml/my.ip.address.removed:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/rhel2176/public_html/config.php on line 11

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: 404 page not found in /home/rhel2176/public_html/config.php on line 11

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in /home/rhel2176/public_html/config.php on line 11

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /home/rhel2176/public_html/config.php on line 12
    Code (markup):

ryan_uk, Jul 6, 2013 IP