1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to kill Facebook addiction?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by olddocks, Jul 4, 2013.

Lately i am using facebook too much and even during work which i feel is not good. Feel like being addicted. Are there any ways to kill facebooking?

olddocks, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  2. reazul.salman

reazul.salman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sir i want to suggest to you ...at first deactive your facebook account..and it should be totaly deleted..and die try to control yourself to use facebook...after some days later everything will be all right.. sir u can also visit any forum site, see and see, read and read...and u play any interesting game in your leisure time...i think its better for you..sir dont worry...you will be okay...

reazul.salman, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Instead of going cold turkey you should limit your access to FB to just 1-2 hours a day and when you're tempted to visit it more you should force yourself to do something else instead. For instance: go for a walk, eat something, call a friend, visit your mom, take art classes, learn to play guitar, go to a park or a lake, etc. etc. The main thing is, you need to stay away from your computer and cell phone for as long as you can during the day doing something enjoyable instead. Retrain your brain to enjoy other things.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  4. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a bit extreme reazul LOL :) (I am kidding btw)

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  5. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use a timer and limit your Facebook usage to 1-2 hours a day, or more if you can make room for it.

cronik, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  6. reazul.salman

reazul.salman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SIR LETS TRY IT....OR USE FACEBOOK... IF YOU WANT 30-40 MIN PER DAY... I THINK ...ITS ENOUGH...AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE...

reazul.salman, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  7. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to limit your time on Facebook, or find other ways to occupy your time. For instance, I used to be addicted to gaming, but now I find going to the gym more enjoyable.

If it comes to it, delete your Facebook account or block the site.

ViolentAJ, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  8. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    I am lucky on this one and can't get addicted. If I go on Facebook I find it difficult to find any reason to spend more than a minute on there usually as I just can't see the point of it.

Though my Mrs did point me to a local buy and sell group I made an interesting contact through, but the problem was it took us two weeks to re find the boke as FB as so inaccessible, hard to navigate and user unfriendly with everything vanishing and taking forever to refind it was an infuriating waste of time. But still understanding how the metrics work for websites and webmasters etc this must work most excellently for FB's figures.

How one could get addicted to such a heap of doggy do is beyond me tbh...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  9. samiqalab

samiqalab Member

Best Answers:
    I have some suggestion for you. first of all you think seriously that you are leaving facebook. delete everything from your facebook acount and vist some other social sites like google+ etc and collect some good game for playing in your free time.
    thanks a lot.

samiqalab, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  10. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simple, create an yahoo email address with a random password, change your facebook email to that email and change your facebook password to again a random password, you will not be able to recover your facebook account.

it career, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I can't get it either. I think a person has to have certain predispositions to get addicted to something like that. One of them would be logging in to see how many people liked your post. Oh, wait... I am talking about me and DP.

qwikad.com, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  12. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

To my mind that is a bit of a bizarre reason to login tbh but then I am if anything a little different in my thinking. I am often miffed by likes and don't really think about such things or the personal negatives or positives they have for me. If one wanted to get likes it would be far easier to just make jokes in general comments than it would be to help a newbie with an answer who can't like your help for example, yet in general I do the opposite, with just the odd jokey comment, yet far more answer posts specifically as likes are not that imortant to me. I can see how that could be a problem though.

Perhaps finding a way to turn what one perceives as a positive as a negative would help cure such addictions on the likes of Facebook. Find a way to look at likes as a bad thing say because it is childish and something that one needs to mature from such thinking of perhaps being a way to approach it.

Focusing on nagatives might help to. Focus on how much time it costs you and equate the time with money. Focus on how much you are giving FB instead of your own sites if a site owner for example, which is obviously difficult for those who don't own sites but things along those lines would all perhaps help break the cycle of addiction.

Myself I have a very diffrent reason for popping on DP for example.

Maybe someone should come up with a 12 step facebook program to curb the addiction of FB.

I logged in today more interested to see if anyone had answered my question about filterable WP porrtfolio plugins and so it is the learning aspect and usefulness of DP that is attractive not likes for comments or for want of being seen as popular.

Perhaps that "popular" thing and likes is the key to breaking such addictions...

Strangely though, it's always the popular group who are the bullies at school I seem to remember.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  13. Facebook Ads Expert

Facebook Ads Expert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I love Facebook more than anything, however if i thought that Facebook was harming my lifestyle, I suppose it is easy enough to delete it.

Facebook Ads Expert, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  14. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have met so many people who dont like being on facebook and they say it gives no privacy.

olddocks, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  15. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd never had so much interest in Facebooking and never been addicted to it, so I guess I'm not a big help to you.. Putting a timer won't help, cause you can delete the timer and use Facebook normally.. That addicts do, so try to search for a reason why are you on Facebook..

VukasinI, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  16. mukeshranahh

mukeshranahh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    just delete the account instead of deactivating

mukeshranahh, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  17. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:
    It sucks, but you have to delete your facebook. Completely delete it and you will be able to resume life as normal within a week. Just don't ever use facebook again. I know plenty of people who don't have a facebook. You can do it.

fissnoc, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  18. Rohit Dhawan

Rohit Dhawan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First terminate ur Facebook account or use ur Facebook page as income source. Like advertising on Facebook. I also terminate my two Facebook account already and now i never use Facebook to chat anyone. I only use Facebook to get likes on my website. Divert ur mind in some other activity.

Rohit Dhawan, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  19. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go outing. Help your parents at home. Hang out with your girlfriend/spouse. Listen to music. Go for trekking. Ask some one from your home to block Facebook from your computer and keep the password to parental control secret ;)

winappleworld, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  20. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask your friend to change the password. Change also the email password so you can't reset again....just a thought lol

xtragudboi, Jul 22, 2013 IP