1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you know when you...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jul 4, 2013.

If you know when you we're going to die right down to the very hour and it was say a while into the future and so you knew how much time you had left, would it make a difference to you and the way you lead your life?

That is would it change anything, would you do anything different, would you do anything in particular and why?

This is of course a hypothetical question as unless you planned it, it would, for nearly all people be nearly impossible to know the hour of ones own death, except in quite unusual circumstances of course.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Faced with such circumstance I would alter my lifestyle drastically. First off I would liquidate all my assets. I would sell all my properties, vehicles, stocks, cash in bonds etc. and empty out my bank account in short order. No more working just sailing around on my new boat that I would buy, until the final day.

Doesn't sound all that bad really.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what if after spending all you have, you'll find out that the day you thought to be the final day, was not actually it?:confused: I think that would be the real fun! :rolleyes:

As for me, I wouldn't really change anything. I did quite all that i wanted to do and i am already doing what i feel like doing, so it wouldn't really matter.

Alex210, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    My but you're a wise old owl aren't you? Well seeing as you asked I would then sell my expensive boat and start over again. I would have no difficulty getting a new contract ...they would welcome me back. I have training and expertise in certain areas. It would only take me a few short years to become asset stable again. My clients would still be alive no?

5. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why sell the boat and go back? Why not just keep your boat and continue to sail around the world doing freelance work?! Best of both worlds and why not give it a try if you have the boat lol

SystemOAD, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I do like the way you think. Frankly it would be all possible as everything I now do is from my home, and could be done from a boat with a satellite.(laptop/cellphone/fax machine)

7. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lets all go buy boats, all we would need to do is dock every other day to do some work at what ever port gives us a free wifi connection and then off to the next island for a few days until we need to dock again to make next weeks sailing funds lol :)

SystemOAD, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd buy dozens of bottles of well-aged, expensive wine and meet all my sunrises and sunsets with a full glass until the last day. And I'd probably call all my friends inviting them to join me. Why? Good wine is like a good soul cleanser, especially if you have a meaningful conversation with someone.

qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  9. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you'll just shout from the middle of the ocean: Nooooo!! :rolleyes:

Now seriously, if your dream is to sail a lil' then the next time you'll go on vacation just rent a boat with your family/friends ..i believe you should do whatever you dream to, to have no regrets.

Alex210, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  10. Heer

Heer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I knew I am going to die soon, I would definitely alter my life so as to have no regrets at the last breath I take. I would not apply for the PhD program I am planning to and devote all my time doing things I dreamt of and want to do, spend more time with my loved ones and live life to the fullest. There will be a new wish list and all the resources will be directed to fulfill them.

Heer, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  11. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    Oh well, I would probably sell everything I got and partying to death... Wouldn't care for anything or anyone, I would just make my life a vacation till it ends it..

BusinessMaker, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  12. mjoyd

mjoyd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely choose more quality time with the people who matter to me, if I would know it's the end for me. You can never bring all the material things in the world with you so the memories i will leave them will probably make a big difference in my life. :)

mjoyd, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  13. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would be excited about it if I knew my exact death date. I am excited to know what happens after we die. ;) And ya do whatever I wanted to do before I Die.

Digital_shubhi, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  14. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would still live in the same way and hope that nothing will really happen. There is always hope so I would not be 100% sure of my death even if it was certain.

syda, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  15. piyushchopra

piyushchopra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I don't like this concept. :p I mean I would become a physic!! But if this happen (lets assume) so then, I would like to secure my family member's life in whatever better way I can. Go to Hawaii - dance on the song: LIMFAO - Party Rock Anthem with Jack Daniels, have my favorite dishes.... yummm yum yummm :p and then happily I will lean into god's couch :D

piyushchopra, Jul 20, 2013 IP