1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conspiracy theories!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Devtard, Mar 23, 2013.

1. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've read some conspiracy nuts talk about US spying on foreigners in europe and elsewhere..
    They called their theory PRISM, what a load of BS, seriously, those people have nothing else to do or what?

JamesColin, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  2. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The mass media has long been the getaway driver for establishment crimes. A heavy recipient of corporate welfare is hardly what I call an independent 'private company.'

Odd, weird, obsession, yada. Always leading with belittlement, the tactic is tired. You do realize the matter is bigger than a forum, and that the government pressured the show to not question the official story on ALL subjects, not just 9-11? You do realize that it's a large fragment of the 9-11 family members and rescue workers who have expressed a desire for answers? Are you characterizing them as being obsessed as well?

Credibility busted. Only specific substances can cause the amount of heat generated to melt steel based skyscrapers, none of which is in office fire materials, which is why there is no alleged case of such buildings collapsing before or since 9-11, which you are ignoring. There is also much photo and video evidence that the building fires were going out in the structures, meaning something else caused the collapse. And to use a debunked, cherry-picking article to rebut a cherry picking charge, that's priceless in how you've doubled down in cherry-picking the data. I stand behind the peer-reviewed studies.

melprise, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Back to the problem of scale-of-conspiracy. Missing the fact that journalists want stuff like this to write about (more than presidents getting BJs or MPs building a moat and claiming it on expenses) and The Washington Post is currently conspiracy theorists' poster child.

Yes, I have been part of the "superior side", considering your attitude and hypocrisy, I thought why not play the role (as expected by you)?

Considering all the misinformation by conspiracy theorists, I am not surprised they are confused.

It's amazing how a forum wanting to moderate for its own reasons has turned into another conspiracy for conspiracy theorists (it was the government that made them, therefore they must be wholly controlled). Even Mythbusters have stated it's on their to do list. It's understandable about why it's difficult to do. Heaven forbid a TV show has budgetary and time constraints.

It's strange how a fire got hotter after more combustibles were added to it (kids, don't try this at home!). The temperatures required to impair structural integrity were enough, particularly with the combination of combustibles in the building, along with its ignition source. Melting was not required for collapse.

I understand it can be scary for conspiracy theorists to look through sites that give the other side and they need to write it off. Sure, in your view it's not credible as it goes against your beliefs.

I'm off to see the Easter Bunny. :rolleyes:

ryan_uk, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    Devtard and malky66 like this.
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can't see him he's been abducted by aliens...possibly

malky66, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. melprise

Best Answers:
    The story is confirmed by the BBC, the Guardian, Der Speigel, CNN, etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23116055

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/nsa-leaks-us-bugging-european-allies

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/nsa-spying-europe-claims-us-eu-trade

http://pastebin.com/yMGTZ1PZ#

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/30/world/europe/eu-nsa/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

melprise, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  6. melprise

Best Answers:
    What attitude, what hypocrisy, what misinformation? I have replied rationally to such accusations, and only started replying on this thread because of all the fact-free misinformation, hypocrisy and attitude issues displayed by the anti-conspiracy folks here. They are determined to keep the focus on belittling those they disagree with, and calling it 'fun.'

To repeat, I don't read their forum, the comment was about how the show systematically ducks ever questioning any government official story. That lack of intellectual integrity impeaches its credibility. Even the co-heads of the 9-11 Commission Report have admitted to a government cover-up, and called for a real inquiry. Why can't a TV show be at least as honest as a politician?

Only, the effects produced were specific and symmetrical (buildings collapsing into their own footprint). And the fires also went out in most places, which keeps being left out of the discussion. There is no case anywhere of a steel skyscraper collapsing into its footprint in such a symmetrical manner based on asymmetrical office fires, or merely from losing structural integrity. The specific effect IS documented for controlled demolitions, and when there is a use of military-grade nanothermite or similar special agents (that of course, only the government controls/has access to).

Actually the 9-11 myth site strikes us as laughable, given the selective way it approaches the facts, the constant misdirection to secondary matters, its frequent documented penchant for disinformation and emotionalism, its focus on bashing and name-calling, and its use by its followers as an all-purpose ginsu-knife of once-over lightly talking points to rebut scientific research, testimony and evidence that supports the truth side.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    melprise, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    melprise my message was sarcasm of course to show that conspiracy theories are grounded in reality.
    Until proven otherwise, I also don't believe that men walked on the moon 40 years ago, so in the meantime I can be called foolish, but maybe we'll found out later when it'll be 70 years later and most adult people from that era died.. If I'm still alive I will be satisfied to not have believe in this lie all my life and then I'll be ready to die.

JamesColin, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  8. melprise

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clearing that up. Given the mentality expressed by others on the thread, I wasn't certain it WAS sarcasm. Thanks for your personal courage of conviction. Having said my peace on this subject, I'm out of here.

melprise, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Goodbye killjoy.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well what did you expect, it was started as a *fun* thread, do you know what the word means?, if it was supposed to taken over by nutters and their ridiculous views it would have been started in the bollox & religion forum and left to fester with the rest of the pus filled garbage.

malky66, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Devtard like this.
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Couldn't get better quality:

qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2013 IP
    Devtard and ryan_uk like this.
  12. FredSm

FredSm Peon