1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Websites rank on first page 10 minutes after submitting it to google...

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Helge Sverre, Jun 28, 2013.

I have experienced that whenever i have bought domains for low competition keywords( <200 searches) EMD and after doing some basic SEO, and submitting them to Google Webmaster Tool they instantly show up on the first page in google.

I tried this both in incognito, google.com/ncr (No Country Redirect) and through RankTracker, and they all seem to confirm this.

I mean i almost managed to outrank one of my country's largest web hosting providers...

For an example try to google "norsk web host", and the domain NorskWebhost.com should be on the first or second page.

And the domain is not even 2 weeks old..

Have you ever had this happen to your site?

Helge Sverre, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  2. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to be extremely fast results, but then there is a high chance of it ranking for those keywords when the domain consists only of those keywords.

Have you tried this with more competitive keywords?

scottlpool2003, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  3. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No I have not done that yet.

It seems that EMD's are the way to go, I heard that EMD's was dead, but it seems not, Interesting.

Helge Sverre, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  4. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I first looked, I ended up on page 4 and gave up but that was on .co.uk so I switched using /ncr and there you were on page 1.

I'm going to give this a test, just purchased a domain I will see if it will rank with just a basic SEO page and submitted to Google.

scottlpool2003, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  5. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EMD's are for sure not dead, but search engine's(yeay I mean Google) change their algorithms all the time and lately people noticed that their EMD's don't rank that well. I have run similar tests with EMD's and it depends on the niche I go for, some rank some don't! Now don't get me wrong, you can rank for anything, EMD's or not if you put hard work and do your SEO, but what we are talking here is ranking fast or better said without effort.

Helge, how long are you ranking on 1st page for those keywords? What I mean is if your EMD's are doing the Google dance, because sometimes I rank an EMD in 48 hours and it stays on the 1st page 1 or 2 weeks and then drops from the 1st page to page 4-5(depends again what keyword) and then after 2 to 5 weeks is ranking on the 1st page again. Have you experienced the Google dance?

iodalg, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  6. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They seem to dance around a bit, but the niche i was trying it out on didn't have much competion(nor searches for that matter..).

but they seemed to stay on the first 2 pages

Helge Sverre, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  7. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Similar with my experience, it depends on the niche some do dance some are not.

Do you know Duck Duck Go ? Here is something interesting I did find about EMD's, http://www.elliotsblog.com/duck-duck-go-seems-to-love-exact-match-domain-names-7245

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    iodalg, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  8. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it maybe because your domain was previously owned and carrying over some "reputation?"

Vig, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  9. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great question! I have experimented with both, new and expired domains. The conclusion was that it didn't matter if the domain was brand new or expired, the expired domains didn't do me a favor. I think that everything has to do with the keyword and how competitive it is. One think I did notice was, if there aren't any quality sites in the 1-5 results - I got faster results!

iodalg, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  10. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's still hard to believe though, because it still takes a little bit of time for the search engines to initially index you site. Weird, but good job! lol

Vig, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  11. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Vig,
    They are various methods to index your site. The first and most basic step is to create a sitemap and register with Google webmaster. Submit your site and it's done.

Here is a method I use to index my sites under 1 hour. Sometimes it takes only 10 minutes!

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-index-your-site-under-1-hour.2665313/

iodalg, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  12. Entile

Entile Peon

Best Answers:
    use mass posting tweets for index and you'll be there in 3-5 minutes :)

Entile, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  13. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Isn't < 200 searches too low?
    Is it exact match or broad? if its broad, check how much is exact, it will be way too less and since there is no other site mentioned that keyword (cuz it does make no sense or any other reason), you website will certainly come up.
    How much visitors have you actually started to get?

softech02, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  14. Princess T

Princess T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I created a site on blogger.com and after doing some basic seo, i submitted on goggle and just after 5 hours i'm on the 1st page having 3 or 4 keywords in 5th and 6th position. :)
    It was kinda experiment though. :)

My keywords have around 1 thousand search individually.

Princess T, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  15. robyn26

robyn26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow. That is great news. I am impressed.

robyn26, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  16. apnavarun

apnavarun Member

Best Answers:
    I see this every time I search. EMD sites are doing pretty well for some keywords at least. The reason premium domain names are too costlier is the same.

apnavarun, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  17. newbee99

newbee99 Peon

Best Answers:
    EMD is not dead as long as you put lots/moderate of content in it and looks legit.. you are okay

newbee99, Aug 12, 2013 IP