1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Favours Paying Sites For Organic Search Results Over Quality!

Discussion in 'Google' started by canaryspace, Feb 12, 2013.

I want to make a valid point that was deleted in Google Product Forums recently, a point that is quite shocking to say the least!

If you think hard work and quality matters much anymore in Google rankings, think again.

To understand what is going on took me months of research over different domains and keywords.

What is happening is sites that pay Adwords to be at the top are becoming indexed for the same paid keywords in natural organic search results, above sites that are higher quality and were once there through merit.

This is probably a major factor to why Google is slowly losing its monopoly and the recent increase in meta search engines on the market.

I noticed this change a couple of months ago, a brand new website offering a less quality product than my own using a much less quality website, bidding on keywords that I was once highly ranked for, paying for them with Adwords. I refuse to pay to be at the top, my business was there due to merit and social shares through word of mouth. Quality real linkbacks built over 6 years through people who enjoy my site and rely on the quality product I offer. No problems in webmaster tools, no problems with the server, site speed and no spam links. Absolutely nothing wrong with my website at all, it ranks higher in webmaster tools health to even web2.0 sites that I own.

There was one site bidding on all my main keywords and appearing above mine in the sponsored results. Slowly, over time, the site began to rank highly for these keywords in natural organic search results and soon, the site ranked above mine for the keywords that they paid for over time.

What I think happens is simple..

Google is greedy, Google will try to keep paying sites happy by giving them higher organic natural results to those that do not pay, therfor, there is no such thing as organic natural search results anymore. If you can not afford to pay Google to be top, you might as well give up now!

My findings tell me that Google is in breach of fair trade within a free market and uses its monopoly to destroy unpaying businesses whilst keeping the paying webmasters happy.

Since Penguin and Panda, Google are showing unrelevant search results for many keywords and some sites, the sites that have paid in the past, are appearing on more than one page of results, were natural organic results should be. These sites are appearing above sites that should be there for quality and merit.

Another one of my sites was deranked to a site that copied all of my sites original content. This site was paying for Adwords and has since taken every keyword possibly for my niche, even unrelated keywords. My site can not be found anywhere, it has been deranked in preference to the paying site. Can you believe my site was over 6 years old and the site that paid Adwords to be at the top, the site that took all my organic results, is less than 1 year old!

Please take some time and do some research into this, if you can find any more info, post it on this thread. Google needs to learn that owning a monopoly does not mean you can screw hard working people through pure greed. I would love to see the day when Googles monopoly comes crashing down and a fairer company takes the traffic. Google is worth billions and most of that money probably came from them screwing us honest webmasters over the years! Ok, maybe a bit too far, but then again, is it?!

canaryspace, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  2. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    is it really true? but i thought content should be the 1st thing to consider in making a website. tsk

ChrisRey, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  3. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since Penguin and Panda, you can be penalised for having too much content on your homepage, too much content will trigger spam warnings from the Google bots. Google is a greedy monopoly using software instead of humans to run their business to save them money, which they really dont need any more of it!

End of the day, Google is corrupt as anything out there can be. I have done lots of research and here are some examples..

Type into Google.co.uk "link building service" and check the first result, I get a domain for sale page!

The number 1 site for "Free chat rooms" is a chat directory that does not even host its own chat rooms! The second result is a website with copied content and very little content on a site that is known for people jacking off on cam!

Type in "watch uk tv abroad" and you will see that the top organic results are ones that also feature in the sponsored paid ads.

Just a couple of examples of how Google is corrupt.

Anyone else want to add some examples, this thread should be massive to attract as many webmasters as possible and maybe if it gets big enough, Google will be exposed as the corrupt greedy monopoly that it is!

canaryspace, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. zippy1nut

zippy1nut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Big brands and PPC advertisers have been favored since Panda/Penguin roll-out...

zippy1nut, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  5. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    Which makes it almost impossible for the small business webmaster to compete unless they have a lot of money to invest into advertising, which defeats the object of a free market when a company like Google owns the market share of almost everything that is internet!

canaryspace, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is true that Google is making new changes to make more profit, no doubt of this..

ProSence, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

One thought, without any basis of any kind... they're appearing in the sponsored results because they pay and, because they're at the top, they get a lot more traffic. This traffic would (over time) convert into links, higher PR, social bookmarking, recognition and all the other stuff, thus pushing them up in the organic results, wouldn't it?

Just a thought and probably wrong. :)

TIEro, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  8. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    You are 100% correct and Google should take in to consideration within their rankings that paying sites are not there to be indexed as organic search results and should really penalize then like they do to sites that overuse SEO. Technically, paying to be at the top is paying for SEO, which is against Googles terms! ;)

canaryspace, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  9. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    You are 100% correct and Google should take in to consideration within their rankings that paying sites are not there to be indexed as organic search results and should really penalize then like they do to sites that overuse SEO. Technically, paying to be at the top is paying for SEO, which is against Googles terms! ;)

canaryspace, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  10. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:
    Don't think I'm defending Google, because I've grown to really hate them over the past few years

Without some specific info like your site URL, we cannot prove or disprove what you are saying

There could be a problem with your site - things do change over time

I place no trust in stuff like Google webmaster tools - and Google analytics is an open invitation to get a Google slap

Currency Trader, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  11. DallasUK

DallasUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right. Google is indeed favouring AdWords advertisers over smaller sites. I used to rank top for "trem paris londres" or "train from paris to london" on Google Brasil and now I've dropped 5 positions and the guys who spend the most money on this keyword are at the top on both the sponsored section and the organic results. If you do a search with the same keyword on Bing Brasil or Yahoo Brasil, I still come first and no sign of the paying guys. Funny, isn't it?

DallasUK, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  12. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:

I was emailed the URL of a very long and bitter blog post yesterday

The guy had spent $100,000 building a "quality" authority site - and an outstanding one at that - doing everything right according to Google's preaching - and the site is a dismal failure revenue wise, as Google is sending a measly amount of visitors

The guy has other sites that are low quality, and they do much better - until they get hit by Google

His conclusion is that affiliate sites have no future anymore - and if you build them, then you should build them quickly, cheaply, with poor content - because they are going to get a Google slap and dissapear from the search results within a few weeks anyway

If the OP's site is an affiliate site, then "quality" doesn't matter - Google will fill up the search results with crap - a kind of punishment for you having the nerve to build an affiliate site and try and get a free ride on Google

Currency Trader, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  13. EmmanuelFlossie

EmmanuelFlossie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not disagreeing with any of you, but another factor you need to keep in mind is, that people that spend lots of money on Adwords, have lots of money to spend on Organic ranking optimization. I hear people over and over saying that big companies rule because they are big and powerful and Google likes them. Ok yes well established brands do get a bonus over others. But with over 200 variables dictating your ranking, big companies have enough of money to go around to tweak and find these variables. While smaller companies don't, and don't even spend enough time optimizing.

It's not as easy as big === top ranking.
    It's more like lots of money === lots of optimization and man power

EmmanuelFlossie, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  14. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's also cheaper for google to just favor sites that are bigger, as it is less work for them going through the rest of the net finding the quality. With a lower click through rate on organic results, there are more ads in the SERPs now. It is easier to justify putting less effort into organic, since there are fewer organic clicks per search now.

And that is why I don't use Google as my default anymore, as google is losing the organic serps dominance on many levels, but most importantly, organic is not what they specialize in anymore.

dvduval, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  15. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:
    This makes no sense. I mean from a business perspective, no. Just no. I know it's frustrating to try to rank on Google, but don't go making silly accusations. If they made the paying people top in organic searches then there would be no incentive to keep buying the ads. I think it's far more likely that a company who has the means to pay for ads on google has plenty enough wealth to hire some good SEO and thus knock out you, the competition, over time.

fissnoc, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  16. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:
    Big sites no longer mean big traffic from Google - because the top of the #1 results page is full of alternatives to the top 10 organic results

I have now got a new addition to my niche finding criteria - will Google simply swamp out the #1 page with
    competing stuff? - if so, then regardless of high search volume, high CPC, etc. I'll pass - not going to waste my time

Currency Trader, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  17. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    You just answered your own question there ;) The incentive is certainly there, to outrank the competition. When the paying sites stop paying, the eventually lose rankings.

canaryspace, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  18. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are baseless and useless rumours, in reality as long as your site is able to produce quality, relevant and informative content in the niche, Google will help your site benefit in the organic search results.

rankwatch.com, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  19. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do not have to do loads of research to figure that one out you only need to look at the search results.

amiman, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  20. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:

Right and how are they supposed to know this is why they stopped ranking organically? Does google tell them? Of course not that would be stupid for them to say "you stopped buying PPC so we are going to drop you in organic as well". Might as well shoot themselves in the foot. My point is the people who PAY for PPC have no way of knowing this whole organic search conspiracy theory so what keeps them from pulling their adds when they rank organically? Essentially google loses customers if this is true. I think the root of this whole conspiracy lies with people who are trying to rank with the wrong methods and they are resorting to blaming google when it's really just them :p.

fissnoc, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  21. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:

I couldn't agree more. It can be frustrating to rank sometimes and I think it spurs on rumors like this. Of course black hat can work too, but that is a constantly changing and difficult method to effectively follow.

fissnoc, Jul 7, 2013 IP