1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg Launched Google Reader Alternative - Digg Reader

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by joshuthomas, Jun 28, 2013.

Dear members,

Would love to update you that today Digg launched a very neat Google Reader alternative called the Digg Reader. The reader is only released now to a closed group and I received an invite to check out the reader, Below is an free invite link that you could use to get on to Digg reader. This is capable of importing your settings from Google reader and show all your feeds. In addition, the reader is advertisement free and clean.

With Google reader expiring on July 1st, the other alternatives are Feedly, AOL reader and now Digg reader.

Invite to use Digg Reader: http://digg.com/login?invite=af454114799245a0b81b12b854699d99&next=/reader

- Source of information

Hope this helps.
    Regards, Josh

joshuthomas, Jun 28, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've just tried the Digg Reader and I think that Feedly is much better.

Devtard, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  3. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I liked Feedly for a while but I use a lot of feeds attached to the reader so find feedly a little slow. AOL is Okay but liked the digg one launched today..but consistency is something that needs to be found out in the days to come..

4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I like Feedly on my phone, but until the recent changes I didn't like it in a browser. It now has (if you select it) a more Google Reader-like appearance. :) I will miss Google Reader, though, which had the best UI (for me). I prefer simple, rather than fancy, when reading news. Digg's reader looks nice, so I might try it out.

ryan_uk, Jun 28, 2013 IP
    joshuthomas likes this.
  5. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Exactly! Reader ought to be very simple and clean. Thats what Google reader was loved so much for!

6. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dammit, Digg is not willing to delete my account. Not only that it looks ugly, but it's also broken. :rolleyes:

Devtard, Jun 28, 2013 IP