1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Odesk Scam - DON'T USE ODESK.com **Odesk Scam Warning**

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Melvinng, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but you may be familiar with the topic it self but I strongly suspect that you are familiar with the freelancing because there is a few ways to control your budget and not getting overcharged. If you use them nobody can charge you more than you are willng to pay. As I've said - get familiar!
    And you are responsible for your own budget as well as credit card or wallet. Do not leave them unattended on the street and expect that nobody will take them.
    Even so, I believe that you had some negative experience with someone from Asia but racial or/and professional discrimination is not a nice thing to do.

Your statement that professionals are already employed simply are not true.

Surof, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  2. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    true, people from Asia are cheap labor. there is two reasons;
    the british started, others continued behave towards them as second rate population/nation/race.
    because that very old and very stupid reason the rest of the world won't pay them the fair price.

The note; the people from asia doesn't represent all freelancers!!!

Surof, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  3. happyunhappy

happyunhappy Peon

Best Answers:
    Never hire someone on hourly basis, and especially indians. Never pay them more then 2,3 usd an hour, usually 1 or 0.5. Never pay upfront. Indians have evil blood, they enjoy deceive and lie. But all Asians are similar, Phipino, vietnamese bangladrshis . Why ? They hate us. Avoid them and get local workers, otherwise you will pay more. Stick to these ruleshttps://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-hire-freelancer-or-a-team-for-webdeveloping-6-rules.2477789/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    happyunhappy, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  4. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    "Never hire someone on hourly basis,"

So, the milions of open hourly basis contracts belongs to stupid people I suppose? In my case, I have 6-7 open contracts (houly basis only) constantly. Are my clients idiots?
    I don't think so.
    I charge my working hours, not a minute more. Beside that I give some extra time for free or discounts for long term business relations.

"Indians have evil blood, they enjoy deceive and lie."

I'm away from Asia but I realy, realy disaprove the speach of hate and any kind of discrimination. It begins in the evil blood and result with spilled blood.

Surof, Jun 20, 2013 IP
    sushantvirdi likes this.
  5. thetabcompany

thetabcompany Active Member

Best Answers:
    Always use a bid price instead of hourly wage. I never use the hourly rate because of this exact issue. You should know how much a project will cost to do ie how many hours so just make a flat price until they finish the project.

thetabcompany, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  6. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    True, the buyer have right to know how much time the work will take. But is not possible to estimate 100% egzact time. It depend of the complexity of each project and some other factors relatet to it.

I had some fixed price contracts and the work last in some cases even double less that I expected.
    So, in these cases, the buyer paid more than they will pay in the case of hourly payment model. Yes, it happens.
    But in any case buyers are not paying a huge amounth of work. For instance, developing ideas take the most of that time and can't be charged.

Also, there is no professionals that will consider and accept fixed price race, not if we aren't talk at least about 4 - 5 figures number.
    So, go ahead, take some cheap kid slaves, rape them with countless modifications for the same price (of course) and, after all, be sureprised if their services wasn't professional.

Surof, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  7. happyunhappy

happyunhappy Peon

Best Answers:

Rather I" rape "some Indian kid with countless modification then allow him rape my wallet. I know examples where employers lost hunders even thousands of dollars becasue your 'raped kid ' were playing video games while hours at odesk were accumulating. BTW since when is rape if kid gets 50 dollars for job of 5 days?? That's fu..ring fortune for them. Forum are full of such themes. People are desperate so Surof don't lie and don't support cheaters on internet.
    Once more guys,
    DO NOT HIRE HOURLY!!!
    CONSULT TO ESTIMATE TIMEFRAME AND DO NOT GIVE THEM MORE THEN 2 USD /hour !!!
    DO NOT PAY UPFRONT OR MILESTONE!!!
    REMEMBER
    1: THEY ALWAYS LIE,
    2:THEY ARE NOT PROS, PROFESSIONALS DO NOT WORK AND MAKE CAREER ON INTERNET HAHAH

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    happyunhappy, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  8. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    And if you didn't learn how to use the tools and keep your money safe by 33... Well,.. next time leave your money on the street. Will you?

I do not support cheaters. I have my opinion about them, from both sides, and slave seekers are standing on the other side.
    I just don't tolerate heate speach and discrimination, and that's exactly what you are dong here and which is geared towards all Asians, to all freelancers, to all Indians.
    Sweety, say hello for me to Adolf, would you!

Surof, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  9. jaswilli77

jaswilli77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem with odesk in the pass and I learn my lesson really quick. So if you hire them for 1 hour and they work extra that their problem just pay them for the one hour. And let future worker know your rule before you hire them.

jaswilli77, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  10. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahm, can you take $1 and go to the store buying a countless products? Hell no!
    you are no humans, there is no sense for logic, no sense of righteousness, no sense for society. one big nothing from dark age.

Surof, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  11. nikolailic

nikolailic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you got your money back,but that's a lesson for the future.If you want to avoid this situation to happen again pay a little extra.

nikolailic, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  12. happyunhappy

happyunhappy Peon

Best Answers:
    Surof don't be scam , please. We all know that a billion of Indians live on 1 $ daily . I can get pussy for 1 $:) , your ass ... But now you discovered website where you can cheat LOL. Dark age ended? But you are dark, your body is dark i guess soul too. :)

Once more , if someone hire on hourly ( not fixed) basis, employer CAN NOT CONTROL how much really "small Indian" works. "Small indian" will play video games and charge you for that 100 or 1000s $$$. DO NOT BE IDIOTS!!!

Secondly , avoid Indians, PH, BD, PK and VN people NO UPFRONTS OR MILESTONES !!!Their rate is half or 1 , 2 $.

IMPORTANT - Its very obvious that ODESK has also benefit from bigger billing . Dispute on ODESK doesnt work , again from same reasons. Odesk takes percentage, bigger fake bigger money for odesk toooo.

FREELANCING WEBSITES LIKE ODESK BECOME SANCTUM FOR POOR FAKE "EXPERTS" SO AVOID THEM. They would kill you if you say anything against ODESK.Don't you see?

happyunhappy, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  13. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Setting a fixed rate is easier than setting an hourly rate as long as the freelancer knows how long it takes. Referring to the original post for this thread, I don't know why the provider would clock more than the one hour agreed upon. I haven't used ODesk much, but as far as I know the description of the job is what the buyer should be required to pay and no more, right?

However, I know Odesk is a legitimate site. They test people so that buyers can know who to hire for certain projects.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  14. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been working in Odesk for quite a while now.They are not a scam. I know some people do not work and just bill the employer. One thing before hiring is check their profile well. I suggest you to hire a person who have more than 1000 hours experience and 4.5 and above rating. This will ensure that they have been working well for others.

xtragudboi, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  15. wickedpork

wickedpork Member

Best Answers:
    I always use elance.. . have to be careful in choosing your vendors though.

wickedpork, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  16. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    You should not insult interlocutors just for your sake.
    If you find one-dollar-pussy, plese do a great favor to the rest of the world and keep it just for yourself.
    Though, it's a nice gesture to think about my ass but I'm not sale it.

Neither virtue is not absolute and neither flaw is not absolute. So, your "lightness" are some "darkness" and vice versa.

Which is your real problem? I know that oDesk is not.

Surof, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  17. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the latest feedbacks;

Good morning *****!! You are the best.. I am amazed and so happy!! I was so hoping that you would make this a great roll-up, and you certainly have.. I am amazed!! I noticed that you haven`t charged me any more hours (probably because of the fixed price) But I know that you have worked really hard and alot more than I have paid you for.. so please go ahead and spent the last of the ten hours of this week, and I will also want to give you a bonus when you are finished. I am SO GREATFUL for you work!" P.B.H.

Surof, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  18. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use ODesk all the time and you just have to take the good with the bad!
    If you are using paypal as a payment method you might be able to dispute it their also.
    Best regards

tac88, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  19. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this. I am not sure what's in the mind of oDesk staffs that they have decided to take side on the contractor? There is something fishy. I do use and I like oDesk but it seems it is quite dangerous to just hire anyone available.

Endless Rain, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  20. Surof

Surof Peon

Best Answers:
    surely is, the same like in the real world.
    that's why oDesk provides more than enaugh of items by which every of buyers can make a very good selection of workers.

Surof, Jul 8, 2013 IP